Behaviour that annoys me about air travel...

I hate it when passengers use foul language when talking to each other, especially when there's children on board. This seems to be an Irish problem only.

It's not an air travel problem. I especially hate hearing adults cursing to their children or grandchildren. I remember being shocked hearing, about 20 years ago, a Granny telling her grandson to 'F Off'. Except she didn't say 'F'.

This goes on in buses all the time as well. Usually younger people who couldn't care less if there are elderly people or small children sitting beside them and just eff and blind away at the top of their voices.

It was writing the post that reminded me that I meant to complain to Delta about her. I'm sure I even took her name. Must find holiday notes...

I haven't been on a plane since 2008.

At the weekend, we booked a long overdue family holiday to the USA. 2 transatlantic flights and 2 internal flights.

Hopefully I'll have nothing to add to this thread when we're home again :D.

At the weekend, we booked a long overdue family holiday to the USA. 2 transatlantic flights and 2 internal flights.

Hopefully I'll have nothing to add to this thread when we're home again :D.

What could possibly go wrong....

[broken link removed]

I flew to Malta on a charter for the game where Ireland qualified for the 1990 World Cup.
A huge number of flights were affected by fog & in an effort to get us away our group were bussed from Dublin to Shannon to no avail as Shannon was also fogbound.
Fans were given the choice of being put up in hotels in Limerick or staying in the Airport bar ( which was kept open all night ) - guess what option people chose ?
The flight the next morning was truly memorable ( not helped by the ridiculous rumour that the pilot had been cleared to fly hours earlier but had "bottled it" ) - I believe Dante's nine circles of hell were loosely based on the experience !
Roll on Euro 2012.

I don't have a problem with people reclining their seats on a short flight as long as they wait until the plane has taken off and the crew have at least been released. Its people who; despite being told arm-rests down, seat back up and window blinds up; think that since the crew are strapped in and can't catch them doing so drop their seats as the plane is taxiing down the runway that aggravate me.

In terms of seats and facilities, check out www.seatguru.com before you fly

A few years back while flying to New York my friend and I had to endure three English guys ( I hate a certain English accent ever since!) who spoke at the top of their voices incessantly and ordered drink after drink from the crew. The voices got louder & louder as the flight progressed and they totally ignored any requests from the crew to be quiet.

6 days later on our return my friend mentioned to the stewardess that she was on our previous flight. She didn't remember us until my friend mentioned the morons that were in front of us.....she looked at us and said "Ah yes, I remember" The same steawardess presented us with a bottle of champagne before we landed, saying we deserved it. Just thought I'd add a nice story :)

I'm nearly sure it was Continental. We definitely flew from LHR as opposed to Dublin or Shannon. It was a good few years back but I've never forgotten the gesture :)

Flew to Turkey on a package last year and had the benefit of having a fairly drunken Irish slob relieve himself up against the door of the toilet. When reprimanded by the stewardess(non irish) he said that he had to go. Animal!!:mad:

Flew to Turkey on a package last year and had the benefit of having a fairly drunken Irish slob relieve himself up against the door of the toilet. When reprimanded by the stewardess(non irish) he said that he had to go. Animal!!:mad:

Was it a no.2.!!!
:eek:

Back