Why is Bitcoin "digital gold" crashing right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me address that long diatribe very simply - tell everyone what the fair value of gold is?
And before there's any suggestion to the contrary, it's entirely relevant to this discussion.
Tecare, please stop talking about bitcoin just because you studied it deeply and made money investing on it, and start learning from those who wouldn’t touch it with a barge pole and fake laugh with grinding teeth for missing the opportunity of the century

please stop talking about bitcoin . . . and start learning from those who wouldn’t touch it with a barge pole
Yer dead right , i mean that's what I thought I was doing, awaiting the enlightenment but life will always disappoint Gus. I mean, I'm told I'll call myself stupid when bitcoin fails even though Ive said I'm counting on that as a potential outcome. :oops:
Still, it could be worse. Imagine the poor creatur who isn't open to all the possibilities. That'd be rough right? I'd hate to put myself in that position.

Speaking of the enlightenment, I had this on in the background today whilst working away. A smart cookie if ever there was one.

Last edited:
I had this on in the background today whilst working away.
An amusing clip. I presume you are the little white girl. Let me suggest a sequel. A glass of juice is put in front of you. Then Max adds 2 teaspoonfuls of juice and asks you is there now more or less. You say more. Then Gus adds 1 more teaspoonful and asks the same question. You now say less. Wolfie asks why you gave that answer. You say because 1 teaspoonful is less than 2. Do you see what I’m getting at? Or is that just another diatribe?

As an aside, we will only ever be a mature society when we can depict the thick one in a clip like that as being the black girl.

Still, it could be woImagine the poor creatur who isn't open to all the possibilities.

Indeed. Red flowers are red and all that. This open esprit - or lack thereof - also reminds me of Charlie Duell from the US Patent Office. Back in the day, he figured that the patent office would soon shrink in size, and eventually close, because "everything that can be invented has been invented".

Go figure.

Pity that the Duke of Marmalade seems to be engaging in personalised attacks on those with open minds. I think that the expression of different opinions should generally be welcomed and embraced.

Irrelevant, but completely wrong.

Brendan
Gus is totally out of order here. Not just because he is wrong. He abuses his anonymity to attack your real life persona. If you have made comments in these fora they are fair game. Things said in your real life should be out of bounds. An offence compounded by his erroneously speculating as to what he thought you said.

Indeed. Red flowers are red and all that. This open esprit - or lack thereof - also reminds me of Charlie Duell from the US Patent Office. Back in the day, he figured that the patent office would soon shrink in size, and eventually close, because "everything that can be invented has been invented".

Go figure.

Pity that the Duke of Marmalade seems to be engaging in personalised attacks on those with open minds. I think that the expression of different opinions should generally be welcomed and embraced.
Straight question Max. Is the supply of bitcoin increasing or decreasing after the halving?

More than happy to answer but as the stoic Savoyard, Michel Barnier, has emphasised many a time - step by step.

There are outstanding questions on your side of the court. When Brendan and yourself answer these, I'll be delighted to reply.

That was a typo in my post. I have never recommended investment in gold.

Interesting. And tell me - this gold valuation you employed in 2015 as per the following post of yours, how did it work exactly? ->
I discovered the hard way that I know very little about commodities: I incurred significant losses on Tullow Oil and Barrick Gold (a Canadian mining company), believing about two years ago – wrongly as it transpired – that oil and gold had hit rock bottom. I cut my losses on both stocks in 2015. I have resolved to stick to stock-picking in future and not try to predict macro trends, whether in commodities, currencies, or in the overall level of the market..

Let us know how your calculation was arrived at - in that instance.

Let us know how your calculation was arrived at - in that instance.

This is getting beyond the ridiculous.

You will have to ask the author of the Sunday Times article I was quoting.

Brendan

More than happy to answer but as the stoic Savoyard, Michel Barnier, has emphasised many a time - step by step.

There are outstanding questions on your side of the court. When Brendan and yourself answer these, I'll be delighted to reply.
Just the sort of answer at which @tecate excels. No wonder s/he was quick off the blocks with the slap on the back. S/he also probably buys into your faux indignation at what you term personalised attacks.

You will have to ask the author of the Sunday Times article I was quoting.
Sure, why not - all the one group think on that side of the house in any event. It seems you're both a tad confused as regards how gold (and commodities generally) are priced.

Wheeling this back to where it began, Brendan - your search for the valuation of bitcoin belongs with the valuation of gold and commodities. And that's why singling out bitcoin for specific outrage was never kosher.

Last edited:
Ah now Duke,

I refuse to fall for the BJ/Cummings bullying tactics - you may like BJ but not my cup of tea at all.
Also, I note that your silent partner in all of this was quick enough off the blocks with a slap on the back for you.

Brendan - is right about one thing though - this is getting ridiculous. For some time, direct questions have been not answered. All I tried to do is bring this to a head. Instead of simply answering the question, we get, yet another unfortunate attempt, to play the man not the ball.

S/he also probably buys into your faux indignation at what you term personalised attacks.

Also, if you are going to use terms of French origin - please understand the indignation is feminine and so the correct form of the adjective in question is fausse. You're welcome!:D

Also, if you are going to use terms of French origin - please understand the indignation is feminine and so the correct form of the adjective in question is fausse. You're welcome!:D
I am well aware of its origin, but I am speaking English (French may even be against the AAM rules). Faux Indignation is the correct English term (try Google). Anyway I note that you (erroneously) corrected the word but did not deny its accusation.
I also do not accept your protestations of innocence, that you are only trying to help.

What you need to understand about gold is that it gets dug out of the ground in Africa…..then we melt it down, dig another hole, bury it again and pay people to stand around guarding it. It has no utility.

Try removing all the gold from the device you used to post that message and come back and tell us more of how gold has no utility.

Try removing all the gold from the device you used to post that message and come back and tell us more of how gold has no utility.

Hi Leo,

I don't like the sense of being bullied - not by you I hasten to add. I have said before that I am happy (content, not contente for le duc) to answer all questions once the outstanding questions on the other side of the net have been answered. That's fair, non?

Last week or maybe it was the week before, it literally took multiple posts for the Duke to stop denying the undeniable (have a look - it's on this very thread) and here we go again on a different but similar charade.

By the way, the only form of faux that I can think of which invariably has structural intégrité when used in English is when it's combined with pas, as in, faux-pas. Typically used in a context, such as: "I made a mistake". Admittedly, not a term particularly prevalent in le duc's lexicon.

Note how any subsequent reply from said poster may well focus on this little side charade but refuse, at all costs, to answer the outstanding questions. As my pal Barnier says, I'm not going into le tunnel until a bit of fair-play is demonstrated. All I ask is for just a bit of bonne foi or as le duc himself would put it, a bit of bon foi.....

Hi Leo,

I don't like the sense of being bullied - not by you I hasten to add. I have said before that I am happy (content, not contente for le duc) to answer all questions once the outstanding questions on the other side of the net have been answered. That's fair, non?

Last week or maybe it was the week before, it literally took multiple posts for the Duke to stop denying the undeniable (have a look - it's on this very thread) and here we go again on a different but similar charade.

By the way, the only form of faux that I can think of which invariably has structural intégrité when used in English is when it's combined with pas, as in, faux-pas. Typically used in a context, such as: "I made a mistake". Admittedly, not a term particularly prevalent in le duc's lexicon.

Note how any subsequent reply from said poster may well focus on this little side charade but refuse, at all costs, to answer the outstanding questions. As my pal Barnier says, I'm not going into le tunnel until a bit of fair-play is demonstrated. All I ask is for just a bit of bonne foi or as le duc himself would put it, a bit of bon foi.....
I am sure @tecate is splitting his/her sides at the puerile humour. I don't accept your bona fides but for what its worth please give me a synopsis of the questions that I have not answered. To the extent that they are bona fide I will have no problem in answering them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back