Key Post UK State Pension - Make voluntary contributions to qualify for UK pension on top of Irish pension

I checked with UK HMRC in Tyneside just now on: +441912037010. I made a bank transfer on August 1st. They confirmed today that they have received the money, but it has not yet been allocated to specific years. They asked me which years I wanted the money allocated to. They said the next step (allocation of the money to years) takes up to 8 weeks from date of payment, and I am in a queue.

Hey all,

I applied for a reissue of my national insurance number over 4 weeks ago and still haven't heard anything. I worked in the UK in 2001. For anyone in the same boat that had to apply for their NI number, approximately how long did it take to come? I can't proceed with my pension application until I get it.

Thanks

I can't be exact tonight, but I think it was between 6 and 8 weeks for me. That was in the first half of last year.

Hey all,

I applied for a reissue of my national insurance number over 4 weeks ago and still haven't heard anything. I worked in the UK in 2001. For anyone in the same boat that had to apply for their NI number, approximately how long did it take to come? I can't proceed with my pension application until I get it.

Thanks
if you don't get your NI number by say end October; post in the CF83 and include a letter that you have requested your NI number as you no longer have a record of it, and you will forward on receipt.

Each year purchased entitles you to an extra 1/35th of the UK State pension or an extra £185 a year.

it was this line that I thought should have been 275. the actual amount might have changed but I think the 185 implies that you are entitled to 1/52th for each year of contributions. Again I might have misinterpreted something so apologies if that is the case
Whats the response this? Dont thinkni saw anything. Seems an important question that may have gone unanswered.

Back