Key Post UK State Pension - Make voluntary contributions to qualify for UK pension on top of Irish pension

I just phoned and my payment from Monday 29th July is received and I was able to inform them which years to allocate to.

In terms of paying every year, do I initiate this or does revenue contact me? I have paid from 2006/2007 to 2020/2021. I just need to save to pay 2021/2022 to present and I plan to pay annually also. Do they contact me for the annual payment or does that not kick in until I’m up to date?
Hi there - could you share the number you used to call HMRC please?

Hi. I paid my money today by bank transfer from my own bank. All went fine. It just didn’t fit my initial for my first name on the reference space but I had seen that this might happen.

Now I’m wondering when you should contact to let them know which years you bought for ? Should I do it straight away ? And where do I contact _. By phone ??? Letter???

Any help appreciated

Hi. I paid my money today by bank transfer from my own bank. All went fine. It just didn’t fit my initial for my first name on the reference space but I had seen that this might happen.

Now I’m wondering when you should contact to let them know which years you bought for ? Should I do it straight away ? And where do I contact _. By phone ??? Letter???

Any help appreciated
I paid on a Monday and phoned the number above the following week on Wednesday. Payment could be seen and I was able to tell them what years to allocate to. Was showing on my forecast by Friday.

thanks Ill do that next week That was very quick that it showed on your forecast, hope mine does too.
Thanks for your help

Save your money & use it towards your NI contributions; it's a great deal, everyone who can should be doing it.
Hi Danny, I’m trying to find out about my pension on GovUK. I have created an ID but I can’t go any further because I don’t have the documents to prove identity eg UK passport or drivers license. Mine are all Irish.

Hi ,
I was about to ask a question ,but its the same as last comment ,I have no bills P60 or other documentation but have a National insurance no ,I cant get through the verify process ,any help would be great ,is it to late to try top up for a pension as I worked in the UK aprox 1985-1992 .

I registered last November but I think my Irish passport was what I used, and that it had to be biometric

Any help appreciated
Hi, I paid from my bank back in early May, (3.5 months) and still no sign of an update on my Gateway page. I rang the number above this morning (35 min wait) and they confirmed my payment had arrived and they would mark it for urgent attention for updating on Gateway. Am glad to know finally it is on their system!

I just phoned and my payment from Monday 29th July is received and I was able to inform them which years to allocate to.

In terms of paying every year, do I initiate this or does revenue contact me? I have paid from 2006/2007 to 2020/2021. I just need to save to pay 2021/2022 to present and I plan to pay annually also. Do they contact me for the annual payment or does that not kick in until I’m up to date?
Hi

Zizigirl

Can you tell me what number you phoned them on - was it the number on the top of the letter, am getting nowhere ringing that number - I am trying to find out if my payment was received and I want to inform them what years to allocate to, I keep being passed around the place and getting no where.
thanks

Hi

Zizigirl

Can you tell me what number you phoned them on - was it the number on the top of the letter, am getting nowhere ringing that number - I am trying to find out if my payment was received and I want to inform them what years to allocate to, I keep being passed around the place and getting no where.
thanks
+441912037010
Found it quite faffy to get to speak to a real person both times but got there in the end.

I have now had an update regarding my incorrect initial letter (it showed accepted for Class 2, and then page 2 showed amounts for Class 3).

They now confirm class 2 applies however have corrected the qualifying years - initially it said i could pay from 2006 onwards, but now says can not pay for years prior to my time in UK, so will only be paying from 2024 onwards....does that make sense?

Hi Danny, I contacted them last year to get my NI Number as it was 1990 when i left. As far as i can see i am 6 weeks short of 3 years but am trying to see will I have any luck. I got my NI number but cannot verify as my passport in my married name. Will I fill out that NI38 formanyway and send it?

Back