"The Kilns", Portmarnock-any thoughts on the development?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: "The Kilns", Portmarnock? any thoughts on the development?

I was told the managment fee for a 2 bed apartment in block 8 was eur 1,480. I do think it's very steep to be paying the same for a house but unfortunately this seems to be the norm in all new developments and people need to consider this before buying in a particular development. No point complaining afterwards.

While there isn't much that can be done at the outset, it should be possible to ensure a more equitable distribution in future years.

After Sherry Fitz stating that completion letters for Block 3 would be issued prior to the ESB bringing the light on the 29th a different member of their staff said no that would not be the case and the completion letters would not come until after the 29th therefore next week.

Got a mail from SF today saying the snagging on block one had commenced can anyone confirm this?
And if yes what is the finish on the units like any major problems

How can they expect people to snag if you can test the lights etc with ESB connection? I have a question that Im a hoping someone might be able to answer. I was down at the site yesterday evening and am very concerned about the trees lining the railway track - i.e facing the back of some of the blocks. These are huge and practically on top of the apartment/duplex windows. I can't see how these wont block out all of the light, leaving us with very dark homes. Do you know do we have the right to ask them to be cut down (i.e right to light).

It was specifically stated in the contact I signed for a unit in block 4 that the trees are not allowed to be touched.

AFAIK, most developments have to have a certain amount of trees. It could also very well be that these trees were to be left untouched as part of the planning permission granted.

I am aware of local activists protesting at the proposed removal of trees adjacent to Seabrook Manor.

i had a look at the plans and objectors letters at Fingal town hall and the trees are 100 per cent ringfenced for protection - it was a specific condition laid down by the Council (they even counted every one lest some buidler got a bit hasty with a chainsaw). the only upside is without them the DART track might look a bit too close for comfort.

I'm somewhat concerned at some of the posts that I have read this morning concerning Management charges. When I purchased my apartment (May 2005) I was informed that my charges for 1 bed apartment would be €450.00 (just over 550sq ft). When I paid my deposit and enquired about the Management fees, the lady in Sherry Fitzgerald whom I spoke to produce a list and she was able to inform me of my management fee. I'm now wondering if this has changed and what am I now to expect!!!!!!!!! If I am now informed that this is higher is there anything I can do about this?

Living in Seabrook Manor, my bedroom is about 30 ft from the track and God forbid, if a DART/Commuter train ever derailed, the trees might provide some protection.

Attn Cookiemon : Ref Prop Mgt Fees

I signed for a 2 bed in block 8 in July 05 - was given a listing of Prop Mgt Fees - 2 bed was approx 1400 . Will revert with prop mgt fees for 1 bed ( july 05) when I get home . I suggest you talk to your solictor he may have received a listing of prop mgt fees from the builder's solictor at the time you signed contacts .

Hi Ber,

I have also bought in block 8, just wondering have you heard anymore on the completion date - the latest i have is nov/dec?

thanks

Hi Virginiab,

I spoke with Sherry Fitz yesterday , Nov Dec is what they are saying at the moment for block 8 .At this stage it would be great to be in Dec .

Ber .

Attn Cookiemon : Ref property mgt fees

Block 6 & 7 1 bed apart 444.20 euro
Block 8 & 9 1 bed apart 1,023.48 euro

Above per schedule rec'd july 05 .

That's astonishing, that there is nearly a €600 difference between 1 bed apartments in different blocks.

Any explanation-I don't suppose the apartments in Blocks 6&7 are over twice the size of those in 8&9-or are they?

Attn: Ber - re property management fees.

Thanks for checking that for me, I knew I had a figure of approx. €450 in my head, I really cannot believe the management fees for 1 beds in block 8 & 9. I'm definitely contacting my solicitor regarding this a.s.a.p.

€450 seems very low for an apartment. The €1024 seem nearer to what apartments in the area pay.

Ref : Prop Mgt Fees

Budget A - 96893.90 euro allocated to all blocks
Budget B - 3300.00 euro allocated to all blocks
Budget C - 39,083.68 euro only to 8 & 9 blocks

Unfortunately on above no description of each budget expense type

Budget C is only charged to Block 8 & 9 .
Budget C is charged to a one bed at in Block 8 & 9 at 544.97 euro and at 779.23 euro to a two bed .
The Key is to ascertain what is the specific expense budget c allocated to Block 8 & 9

MAybe the lifts have something to do with it. Are blocks 8 and 9 more of an apartment block with communal area and lifts etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back