"The Kilns", Portmarnock-any thoughts on the development?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: "The Kilns", Portmarnock? any thoughts on the development?

If the development is wired for NTL-you're onto a good thing IMHO (we have a 'niche' cable operator next door). I don't think NTL offer 'wireless'-it's cable broadband AFAIK.

FWIW-Eircom, UTV and BT broadband services are all available on Station Road (with an Eircom line obviously).

Re: Completion

ESB are hooking the development up on friday 26th of this month so I assume by the time they get meters into all the apartments it will probably be a week or so after that.
On another issue does anyone know exactly how spots there are in the underground car park?

I think there are around 70 or so. Was speaking to the Foreman some time back and think thats what he said

Hi all,
I have been trying to get in touch with the foreman to arrange a possible meeting. Does anyone have the contact details?

Also has anyone else bought in Block 8 - is the completion date still set for nov/dec or has this been put forward again?

Any news on the security gates?

Has anyone heard anything more about when the first tenants will be on-site?
As this thing changes each week, what dates have people got for block 3?

drove by on the weekend: imho its seems that the date of june 12 as given by SF for block 4 is unlikely: there's still scaffolding up around block 4 :( the stairs to upstairs apartments are in the process of being built and the underground carpark still seems far from complete. might still be a while for us block 4 folks.

i'm waiting on a place in block 9.
work is going ssssssssssslowwwwwwwwwwwwww
seriously.
put deposit down last may 05.
if i get in by end 06 i'd be happy by the looks of progress.
humpf

If it's any consolation to you all, I rent in Seabrook Manor while I'm waiting on my own apartment to be built and the builders wake me up every morning working very early !!

we were told yesterday that we would be getting completion notices early next week (Block 3) and that we could snag (snaggin only during the week by the way) and that the ESB would be sorted on 29th may and that we could close after that.

Hi there
We have bought one of the townhouses in the Kilns. When we went to sign the contracts there are loads of restricions, the main one being that we don't own the driveway and cannot park more than one car on the driveway. Also no pets, no satellite dishes, no changes alowed to the house and a management fee the likes of which our solicitor has never seen for a house. Has anyone else questioned these issues?

These conditions are fairly standard these days. If you don't like them, think carefully about whether or not you want to live in a privately managed development.

what kind of figure was the management fee?

Management fee for townhouse 1500 euros but all you get for that is bins.

The €1500 includes your property insurance, refuse removal and a contribution towards the up keep of the development, all you have to insure is your contents.

no! with the houses, all you get for the management fee is the refuse collection according to sherry fitz- there is no block insurance for the houses....1500 for bin collection seems a little pricey to me!

What about upkeep of common areas, public liability for common areas, sinking fund etc.

Any chance that the fee for the apartments is actually higher (although I would be surprised if it is)?

Be sure that you are not being charged for something you are not recieiving of course-you may have to wait until the AGM and the agent have been appointed before this is sorted out however.

AFAIK you will not be able to close without first paying over the management fee requested.

The 1500 only includes upkeep of the development and the refuse collection. With the apartments you get block insurance, maintenance of the underground carpark, corridors, lifts, lighting etc in the apartment blocks. I live in a similar development at the moment and the fee for the houses is much less as they do not benefit from the things above and only pay for the maintenance of the estate and the refuse.

I don't suppose that figure is for the end of terrace? The reason I ask is that I would imagine the fee to maintain the wood used would be higher then normal (not defending this at all, just trying to understand).

How does this differ to the fee you were quoted initially??
Is this proving a sticking point at the moment?

Thanks!

i think the 1500 figure is for the end of terrace but the other houses aren't much cheaper from what i have been told....in addition, there is no upkeep of the wooden parts of the houses according to sherry fitz so they can hardly charge for something they're not providing...can anybody tell me what the management fees are for the other units in the development- both houses and apartments?

I have been told that my mgt fee is €1400 for a 2 bed apartment in block 8. Are others the same?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back