Swedex windows in Receivership

I had considered Swedex, but found them very difficult and disinterested. Not surprised they are in liquidation. I used a wonderful company called Vrogum. Windows are not exactly cheap, but they are the ones I want, cheaper than Swedex and give a brilliant service. I used an agency in Clonberne, Galway, - FGH Property Services

Hi Bluebells,

Are you able to provide a contact number/details for this company?

guys, it seems I'm alway plugging this company but Bereco (western) in Athlone have brilliant windows and are cheaper than Vrogum and provide a sliding sash window which is very traditional and unique.

Hi All,
As another affected party trying to finish my house and one that has fallen into the 'Swedex' black hole, I would let you know that I spoke with the 'Aru Grupp' (who were most helpful) today and althought my order was manufactured and released in Dublin port, the container has gone missing! The hole just keeps getting deeper!

Indeed, of your 5 posts to-date only 1 has not been an advertisment for this company :confused:

I see you're confused S. Thank you for your point, we've just gone through the whole window thing from investigation through to installation and it happens to be a topic i feel very strongly about. We received a great service which is rare when self building so I let the world and it's mother know when I can, as I would expect others to do also.

The legalities with regard to ownership have been sorted. It is my understanding, that they are going to honour commitments to those who have paid deposits.

Marion

The shipping company was 'Trinity' and I believe that it is 'Elite Logistics' that are the company to deliver to the site. The guy at Aru Grupp gave me the container number so I'm trying to track it down. I've had no response from the liquidator. Has any one else?

and I believe that it is 'Elite Logistics' that are the company to deliver to the site

MickeyC,

Ring the liquidator to make sure that they have your details. The number is provided above by Brendan.

Also, try Skantrans 01 8867777.

Marion

Last edited:
Update for those interested.

I received confirmation this afternoon that my doors are to be released and I should have them next week. Horray!

Eventhough I sent the relevant information to the liquidator's office I was not getting any contact from them. The only contact was from me to them at least twice a week!

Thankfully, I was in touch with a very helpful person who always took my call and who, when he was presented with a final logical summary of the situation this morning, acted swiftly.

Following representations from their legal team it was agreed to release my doors.

Anway, it seems that eventhough I gave all my details at the earliest possible time, I wasn't on any relevant list and therefore I was not contacted. The office was not aware (strangely) of business undertakings outside of Estonia.

It does show that perseverance and proactiveness pays in the end.

[Dooria in Edinburgh was extremely helpful . They e-mailed me the invoice from the factory in Sweden that enabled me (with the help of another) to track down the goods.

Now, my only concern is that they arrive as specified and that no futher issues will arise.

In fact, I don't even want to think about that (nor my next month's mobile bill) right now! :eek

Marion

Update for those interested.

I received confirmation this afternoon that my doors are to be released and I should have them next week. Horray!

Great news Marion.

We will have to have a drink to christen those doors next time we meet up.

Has anyone received their windows and doors yet? Have there been any issues with sizes / specification. I've been told by the liquidator that it is a take it or leave it deal and what ever comes in the back of the truck is what you take.......it could be an expensive bombfire yet!! Not ideal but better than not getting anything at all! There is also an additional cost as if the windows were installed, VAT would be at 13.5% but as they are supply only, it is 21%. If you or the contractor is VAT reg'ed they can of course claim it back.

Also, there is also discussion regrading other window products. Be careful regarding the timber section of the opening sash (if the glazing is beaded from the inside) as I feel that it is a back to front detail. This detail relies wholly on the silicone sealant and if it fails water will be directed into the building through the sash. What if the glazing panel is broken and it has to be replaced. Will the factory come out and seal it for you? Window sections have been designed a certain way to keep water out and not keep burgulars, out as is the sales guys excuses when questioned. If some one really wants to get in they will break the window and not spend time taking beads off and removing the glazing carefully!

Has anyone received their windows and doors yet?

No. Unfortunately, there was a glitch (major ) with the information that I received.

I decided to travel on the scenic route - I tried another avenue to sort out the issue. I'm hoping that this will work out.

I should give up, but I am living in a virutal building site at the moment and I am willing to explore all avenues to get a speedy resolution.

MickeyC, when are you expecting to get your doors?

Marion

No. Unfortunately, there was a glitch (major ) with the information that I received.

I decided to travel on the scenic route - I tried another avenue to sort out the issue. I'm hoping that this will work out.

I should give up, but I am living in a virutal building site at the moment and I am willing to explore all avenues to get a speedy resolution.

MickeyC, when are you expecting to get your doors?

Marion

Hi Marion,
Sorry its taken so long to reply but I've been away.....I've agreed cost with the liquidator today so upon him receiving a faxed copy of a bank draft made out to 'Swedex (In Liquidation)' the product will be delivered.
It still remains to be seen.......

Also what was the glitch?

Hi Mickeyc

The glitch was that the following never occurred. I was misinformed.

Following representations from their legal team it was agreed to release my doors.

I rang the shipping company to find out what day during that week they were going to release my doors (outlining the fact that there was an agreement between them and the liquidator) to be informed that they had had "no contact whatsoever" from the liquidator's office. I was fairly stunned by this information - I couldn't possibly have anticipated that response.

This lack of communication between the relevant parties has now been resolved - though I still don't know when I will get my doors.

Let us know how you get on.

Marion

Hi Marion,
My contractor faxed a copy of the bank draft yesterday to Forster McAteer but has not heard back from them so we're still waiting. I'll let you know when I hear back from them. Let me know if you get any delivery dates from them. I've been told that it is 'Ocean Logistics' that are going to deliver. Is this the company that are dealing with your product?
Regrads

Hi Marion,
I've a delivery date of Wednesday 9/5/07 and Elite Logistics are to deliver.

Hi MickeyC

That is great news. I hope they work out well for you. My doors are in legal limbo.

Marion

Hi Marion,
We received the product on14/5/07. The windows and doors are still under plastic on palettes but we have them. Its when they get installed that we will really know if its been worth the wait.
I hope your order gets sorted.
Regards

Back