Swedex windows in Receivership

This gets more bizarre as time progresses.

I heard last week that my doors would be released (again) and when I rang to confirm it was stated that I could expect them within a week or so.

I rang within the week or so (Monday 16) to find out that the release was scuppered by the Swedish delegation who decided that my doors were worth douze points (it being the week of Eurovison and all that) and that they were now claiming ownership of them.

I have decided that they must be the most sought after doors in the country at this stage! :

I hope they are worth it when I do eventually get them!

Oldog: that is very interesting information.

Marion

Hi all,
I received my windows and doors last Tuesday 15th and had them installed on Saturday 19th....They're in, they work and they fit! - One happy ending I suppose. I hope your doors get sorted.

Just caught this thread. We have some doors on order via Swedex recommended installer McMahon + Nagle, with whom all of our dealings have been. I am not clear on the relationship between these companies, and they are exceptionally poor on communication. Names deleted. Please don't name particular individuals in companies - Brendan

Does anyone else have experience of them?

We are in a similar position . [Edited by Marion: name removed] promised that our windows would be here on thr 24th of May, since then we have not been able to contact anyone. As far as we can gather McMahon and Nagle should not have been trading since last November.

Why do you say that mc mahon and nagle should not have been trading since last november. We [Edited by marion ]
had 10K worth of windows delivered in october or so from swedex. It seems we were extremely lucky from the sounds of things....

When Swedex went into receivership last year, they failed to deliver all the aluminum cladding for my windows or to finish the installation. The Receiver claimed that they had delivered all the aluminum cladding that they had in stock, so that all they could give me was a letter acknowledging a bed debt.

So, I have the actual windows, but without the surrounding cladding which means that I have drafts and dampness due to water ingress. These would normally have been covered under the 10 year guarantee that came with the windows.

Since then I have been unable to find any window company interested in measuring and quoting for the supply and fitting of the remaining cladding. Has anyone had experience of this and who would they recommend?

Regarding the Aluclad - is this not an item that should have been fitted to the timber subframe in the factory?
Can the manufacturers in Estonia complete the order? Their number is in previous coorspondence on this thread.
Hope it works out for you.

Back