SDCC - property path update

hey catherine101 - congrats on your new apartment!
have you tried EBS - I am going through them and they seem very good and helpfull. Didnt have to go in for a meeting did most of it by phone and post. I too was worried about the music coming from Captain America's but then its really only my bedroom that faces it so I'm not that worried. I was up there one day when they had music blasting from it but once I closed the door to the balcony in the bedroom you could barely hear it. And they did turn it down after a few mins. I'm glad the windows dont open that far for safety reasons. I wouldnt want anyone falling out of them - I'm on the 5th floor!
Sorry I dont know anything about the management company either other than the price is very high -2000 a year extra is a lot!

Congrats Catherine101! Yet another neighbour...I dont know where your apt is, but my living room looks out onto the monument at library square and once i close the balcony doors i cant hear even a whisper from Capitan Americas. Im also glad about the windows not opening too much as for the safety aspect.
Did you get a one bed Catgerine101???

Hi, Been reading the posts. I am also buying in Broadfield Hall, i'm on the 2nd floor, block 2, think i may be Ruthies neighbour.
I'm a bit concerned about this clawback thing. I've sent a mail to PP so i'm waiting to hear back.
My snag was done back in aug so i've been waiting a while. They've told me that it shouldn't be too much longer before its done. After that i don't know what the hold up will be.

Catherine

Nice to hear of another neighbour !! Welcome to the thread!!

My mortgage broker was The Independant Mortgage Bureau and I dealt with Matt Duff. They are based in Drumcondra but that's not a problem as they meet you wherever yoiu are based. Matt's number is : (087) 2487778. He got me my Loan offer and did all the running around. I didnt' have to do a thing. Just fill in forms etc when I met hiim and get things together. All the running around I left to him. That's what brokers are for.

My insurance broker was Melvin Doyle Insurances. I dealt with Padraig Melvin who is another nice man. They are based off Camden Street but he will meet yiou where yoiu are based. His number is (01) 4782900.

The Property Management Company, I have found out only recently are called O' Dwyer Property Management Company and I think they are based in Sandyford. Their number is (01) 6603822.

I rang them and the manager rang me back but I really didn't know what to be asking them...they were pleasant enough to talk to though.

They were saying the rubbish bins are in the car park...Im not impressed with that..it will be a long treck down for me from the 4th floor. Oh well.

Also, when I close the sale of the apartment, I will have to pay a years property management fee up front there and then. After that, we will have the option of paying installments 4 times a year or paying once a year.

Hope this helps.
Yvie

Hi, Been reading the posts. I am also buying in Broadfield Hall, i'm on the 2nd floor, block 2, think i may be Ruthies neighbour.
I'm a bit concerned about this clawback thing. I've sent a mail to PP so i'm waiting to hear back.
My snag was done back in aug so i've been waiting a while. They've told me that it shouldn't be too much longer before its done. After that i don't know what the hold up will be.

Hi Sammy,

Im in the 4th floor, Block 2. The clawback on my apartment is quite a lot so, yeah, but I've been speaking to my solicitor and he doesn't think there is anything that can be done about it, but also said he would have toi wait until he gets the contracts from the Council's solicitors.

The only option is to hold onto the apartment for at least 10 years. I don't think anybody is happy with the clawback, but what can a person do?

Hiya

There probably isn't anything we can do but at least we can check it out, if you don't ask you won't get as they say. I think the council think they are doing us a favour by giving us the apt at a cut down price but at the end of the day, they're still expensive.
Anyway, it doesn't put me off buying the apt but i just want to make sure everyhing is above board before i sign.

Hey lads and ladies, here's a link they may be of use to you all. The complex is Section 23 which means more cash for us... yeay!:)

[broken link removed]

Hi again

I was talking to a lovely guy in the revenue who reckons i won't have to pay a penny tax, he just said to make sure i had all the documentation ie. cert of constructions costs and cert of consistency etc. It was the reason i went for a two bed and not a 1 bed.

Thats a good question, i don't actually know, i think i am but can't be sure. I don't understand how the tax credit thing works. Not very helpful sorry

Hi folks,
Thanks deedav for the info and thanks also Yvie for all the contact details, really appreciate it! Ruthie-81 yup I am buying a one bed, it gets smaller everytime I look at it but least it will be all mine! As for clawback my one bed is a very reasonable price so I’m hoping to hang on to and not have to sell, if the tax breaks are as good as section 23 makes out it should be fine so would make more sense financially to hold on to it (for at least 20 years anyway!)

I was more concerned about the windows opening for ventilation reasons and also for a quick exit eg if there was a fire but was there today and they open out enough so should be fine. Just have to watch balcony door being open and bedroom window being open at the same time as they could hit off each other.

Also has anyone noticed opposite the apartment, just outside the library they have a planning permission notice, the upper floors of the building (where the library is) have a pp for the HSE, not sure what exactly it is (hopefully not a methodone clinic…eeek!) but think this may be it: http://www.irishmedicalnews.ie/index.php/component/content/article/1-news/54-new-healthcar not sure though

Had the snag done today by didn’t think they were that great, long story but sure will see what they say.

Catherine

Catherine101, i actually liked the lay out of the 1 beds, think they are really good for the price...oh and thanks for the info on the HSE centre, must look into it tomorrow. Didnt notice the planning permission thingy up at all.
RE: Ventilation, did you notice the pop out panels on the side of each window, they can be opened for vents without opening the windows. Also fire exit is avail through the steps at the communal garden, brings you straight to ground level at entrance to block 1 i think.

Hi

i think it is [broken link removed]

i dont think it will be a methadone clinic but maybe other services will be offered...councelling ect .... its all office space up there

did anybody do their own snag (get a builder friend to do one??) if so did you get a template from anywhere

hey actionmags, I just got the copy of my snag list from the guy I used and it doesnt look like any template was used. All he did was put the address of the apartment on the top of the page and then listed the problems in bullet points room by room. This was accepted by the council!
I shouldnt think it would matter what format its in. good luck :)

Hey all, just wondering has anyone any updates? Anyones solicitor received contracts yet from the councils solicitor?

Hey all, just wondering has anyone any updates? Anyones solicitor received contracts yet from the councils solicitor?

Not as yet, Ruthie, think all the snags have to be completed first...will keep you posted though.

yep yvie thats what I was told too- once we sign off on the snag list pp will then hand all the details over to their legal department for the sale to go through!

On another note - I rang the Management company yesterday and the receptionist there doesnt seem to know that they are looking after our building! Have left a message now for someone to ring me back as it has been confirmed to me by pp that it is them. I just wanted to get something in writing about the charges and what they cover. Heard too many stories about peoples charges being upped before they even moved in!!

yep yvie thats what I was told too- once we sign off on the snag list pp will then hand all the details over to their legal department for the sale to go through!

On another note - I rang the Management company yesterday and the receptionist there doesnt seem to know that they are looking after our building! Have left a message now for someone to ring me back as it has been confirmed to me by pp that it is them. I just wanted to get something in writing about the charges and what they cover. Heard too many stories about peoples charges being upped before they even moved in!!

You have a point Deedav,
I asked them about a sinking fund and they said they would have a sinking fund alright, which is good to know and they will have a Board of Directors as well.

I don't know much about this Property Management thing and what questions to ask them really but I have been reading up on a website called [broken link removed] Its a fairly good website for anyone buying property in a development. It even gives a person advice on what questions your Solicitor should have on the Requisiton on Title ( a legal document which your solicitor will send to the Council's Solicitor).

Hi everyone.

I have purchased in Broadfield hall aswell.I am in block 1 on the 3rd floor.I had my snags list done, It wasnt too bad, just worried about the cylinder it looks damaged.As anyone moved in yet???:)

Back