SDCC - property path update

Thanks Yvi and Ruthie81 for your answers. :) just gettin a bit worried as nothing seems to be happening or moving forward but then I'm probably worring over nothing! :p

Ruthie81 how did you manage to get in again did the council let you know or did you just take a chance and go up? I had measured the last time I was there for the snag but not to sure if I measured correctly in my excitement. :eek:

As for my snag - I am still waiting to get my hands on a copy of it to hand over - apparently there is not much on it but there seems to have been problems with emails coming through to me so now I am waiting for it by post - hopefully it will be here monday. Do you give this to property path?

Deedav,

I got a Surveyor to do my Snag List and Valuation at the same time.
I paid them and they gave me a copy, sent a copy to the Council (who sent it to the Builders) and sent the Valuation to my Brokers, who sent the Valuation to the Bank in order to approve my loan.

If you have a Surveyor do the work, all you have to do is pay them straight away and they will do the rest.

I hope this helps Deedav.:)

Oh i dont mind how long it take now i guess, the longer the better for me i might have myself sorted out better financially... and think of the new year sales for furniture etc.

Ruthie and Andy,

I know what you mean. Im going to be broke once the deposit it paid, so the more time between now and moving in, the better, and there are things which will be cheaper in the January sale. From that point of view, January would be better. Still, on the other hand, Im anxious to close the sale as well, and move in.

They told me before Christmas or January as well, so, time will tell.

Ruthie,

How did you know the apartments would be open on Friday last?

Yvie, I had heard they were viewing the 1 beds so I called and asked could I go in seen as they were open.

I know how you feel with being broke Yvie, I hate saving but Ill need more time before moving in to get money for all the bits and pieces ill want done and then at that stage ill be handing out money like theres no tomorrow. I have all the bits and pieces to decorate and make it a home and ive most of my electricals paid off so all im saving for now is flooring , blinds and Sofa.. which i know isnt much seen as i have practically everything but it still costs a bomb:(

hi Yvi

thanks for that - I've just arranged to meet with the guy who did the snag to get it from him. I am starting to think I'm not meant to get it as its been a month now and i'm still waiting. However the only thing is that I know the guy so I know its prob been a mix up somewhere!!

If anyone is having problems getting mortgage protection, as a lot of companies have told me that they wont put anything in place untill I have a closing date for them, Insure.ie are very good. I just rang them and had a great guy give me all the info that I needed. He is going to put it in place and keep it on hold until I tell them. Plus they are one of the cheepest I have found so far.

Ruthie

I guess we're all in the same boat then :) i bought a few things for the apartment on Sunday..duvet, laundry baskets, blanket, towels...they have a sale in Clerys and I got a duvet there for 20 Euros...There was 20% off those duvets. TK Maxx is good for bigs and bobs too. The Homewares section..its the kind of place you wouldn't know what you would find there.

I have a few of hte big things picked out but I won't be able to buy them until I have the keys..no place to store them. As well, Im going to get a few things in the January sales.

I know its such a pity I have no storage too... as the amount of bargains Ive had to pass on. Tho i do have my oven and hob in my mothers spare bedroom along with tonnes of boxes and bags of duvets, covers, towels, pictures etc...im afriad the ceiling will fall in!
Picked out the stuff I want too ie. sofa so im hoping by the time ill be buying it it will have been discounted in a sale.
I dont know if you seen a previous post of mine, but if you want to buy your electricals in power city I have choosen what I want and have them on hold in power city until i need them, and I putting money off them every week or so. Its great, Ive already put a few hundred off them and it wont be long til ill have them paid off.

I know its such a pity I have no storage too... as the amount of bargains Ive had to pass on. Tho i do have my oven and hob in my mothers spare bedroom along with tonnes of boxes and bags of duvets, covers, towels, pictures etc...im afriad the ceiling will fall in!
Picked out the stuff I want too ie. sofa so im hoping by the time ill be buying it it will have been discounted in a sale.
I dont know if you seen a previous post of mine, but if you want to buy your electricals in power city I have choosen what I want and have them on hold in power city until i need them, and I putting money off them every week or so. Its great, Ive already put a few hundred off them and it wont be long til ill have them paid off.

Thats a good idea, Ruthie. However, I need some advice from my parents regarding electrical equipment so gonna wait until they are in the city and have a look then...I would pay it off bit by bit otherwise.

Thanks

I just went for the basics that i need, and ones i can afford. The stuff ive ordered tho some of my friends and family have so i knew they were good.
Im not getting a dishwasher tho, i cant justify it for the price, how much its un-economical and for one person alone. So ive decided to put the dryer in the dishwasher space in the kitchen and am now turning the utility/storage room into a walk in wardrobe:D...its a great space so im gonna shelve it and put rails in it, will keep bits and pieces of house hold stuff in it too but it will be primarily used as a closet.

I just went for the basics that i need, and ones i can afford. The stuff ive ordered tho some of my friends and family have so i knew they were good.

Im not getting a dishwasher tho, i cant justify it for the price, how much its un-economical and for one person alone. So ive decided to put the dryer in the dishwasher space in the kitchen and am now turning the utility/storage room into a walk in wardrobe:D...its a great space so im gonna shelve it and put rails in it, will keep bits and pieces of house hold stuff in it too but it will be primarily used as a closet.​

Ruthie,

I had the same idea for the storage room...I thought straight away of puttiing a rail in for clothes and storing some other things like a hoover in there too...Well, you know what they say..."Great minds think alike" :) !!

Putting shelves up could be a great idea....must see about that.

I don't have room for a dishwasher..only have room for a washing machine and cooker/hob and fridge...don't know where I'll put my dryer..maybe in the living room area or might buy a washer/dryer...not sure yet. I have a one bed ..so obviously your 2 bed has a bigger kitchen..all well, never mind. Im still happy with my 1 bed. I don't think there is any need for a dishwasher for 1 or 2 people anyway, Ruthie..it doesn't make sense.

Ya know what i didnt see that much of a difference in press space in any of the kitchens and I seen nearly every size apt. mine is a 2 bed something like 70 sqm and i have more presses in my kitchen than some of the 2 beds at 80 ish sqm. I think the one beds are quite big compared to other places ive seen. did you get one with the curve in the rooms?

Your prob best off getting a separte dryer imo as the life expectancy of washer dryers arent as long .. it would be worth even if you dont have a whole lot of space to buy the small dryers- kinda like a counter top size. Ive seen them in action and theyre grand things altogether, just handy for when needs be and have a couple of things that need drying, but yet they done take up half as much space.

why dont you girls get a washing machine with a good spin cycle ie 1400 spin and then put your clothes on a clothes horse will save ye buying a dryer plus save on esb bill cos dryers use alot of juice:). by the way have looked into dishwashers an they seem more economical than useing sink

Your prob best off getting a separte dryer imo as the life expectancy of washer dryers arent as long .. it would be worth even if you dont have a whole lot of space to buy the small dryers- kinda like a counter top size. Ive seen them in action and theyre grand things altogether, just handy for when needs be and have a couple of things that need drying, but yet they done take up half as much space.

Ruthie

Thanks so much for the advice. Im happy with my 1 bed. As for curve inthe room, I dont' really know what you mean about that...please explain.

I was thinking of getting a separate dryer alright..Do you know where I can get one of those counter top dryers yiou were talking about.....would be a great idea for me.

why dont you girls get a washing machine with a good spin cycle ie 1400 spin and then put your clothes on a clothes horse will save ye buying a dryer plus save on esb bill cos dryers use alot of juice:). by the way have looked into dishwashers an they seem more economical than useing sink

Andy
I really would like to have a dryer for drying things like bed linen and heavy towels that I wouldnt' be happy to have drying around the apt....that's just me.

I forgot about bed linen and towels:eek: i think i might have too look into buying a dryer:eek: Yvie

Sorry Yvie, some of the 1 beds had like a curved wall in some of the rooms like a semi circle. Ive seen the smaller driers in Power City.... i swear i dont work for them!!!!:p

Sorry Yvie, some of the 1 beds had like a curved wall in some of the rooms like a semi circle. Ive seen the smaller driers in Power City.... i swear i dont work for them!!!!:p

Ha ha. I must have a look at those smaller driers...thanks for telling me about them Ruthie ..I wouldn't have know.

I don't think my apartment has any curved walls. Im certain it doesn't ..didnt see those apartments at all.

Hi everybody, joining in because I've 'bought' an apartment in Tallaght Cross too, (Broadfield Hall), I'm getting the snag done this week and it's great to see all your comments for tips and advice. Just be a bit worried that the sound proofing isn't great with the music coming from Captain Americas (as my apt faces that) and also saw some other apartments in the block that had leaks from the windows and also water damage on the ceilings. Also windows in the bedroom don't open very far and saw another apt there where the window was closed but on closer inspection you could still see a gap it in. I can find very little information on the developers or for the property management company. Want to know if mgt fees include a 'sinking fee' (incase someone defaults on their payments or if something goes drastically wrong). Yvie you said you had details of a broker for mortgages, would really appreciate the details as I emailed one last week but they never got back, and some of the banks I rang I had to go to make an appointment, think it was BOI and don't have the time. This is a great thread for getting to know the new neighbours! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back