SDCC - property path update

fook sake....how did he go un noticed for so long, and how did he get the keys!!! at least the builder changed your locks. i was looking for them at lunch time and couldnt find them so see what the story was.
a mate of mine did it as a nixer for me, but id imagine a bog standard alarm for a pre wired place is only about €500.00.

Ive just spoken to Danninger Development (the builders who are looking after our block) and spoke with a lady called Celina. I asked her to get in touch with the site manager and request that all abbloy locks(the ones with the key codes) be recoded or changed. also asked her how someone has keys as this needs to be resolved and is quite worrying. there is no abbloy lock into block 2 from the courtyard so i requested that this is put in place ASAP as its is too dangerous. her number is 01 8657100

thanks a million Andy and Ruthie. the only thing I am waiting for before signing the contract is that my solicitor said he has to get confirmation from SDCC solicitor the section 23 document will be available on closing. is it necessary to wait for the confirmation or is my solicitor over worrying about it? I am fed up with waiting already at this stage. when did you get the section 23 document? I am indeed looking forward to joining you guys as soon as possible.

I am so sorry to hear the story about the unsecured lock, Andy. It is really a serious issue. Hopefully it will be sorted soon.

section 23 docs will be with your closing docs. there is nothing to worry about. when closing ask your solr to hand same over to you and then you produce them in the local revenue office in tallaght which is over at the square.
ive been talking to the site manager john on the phone and conveyed my worries. he also told me that there will NEVER be an abbloy lock fitted to the courtyard entrance of block 2 as the fire marshal requested it to be removed.

its a pain now to be worried when comming and going from the carpark etc that there may be someone hanging around on the landings etc.

ive gotten a quote for a chubb lock to be fitted.

Ruthie, if that is the case, recode the chubby locks should be a solution. for sure the man must be from outside. thanks a million for the reply regarding section23 which is very helpful.

hi Andy - sorry to hear what happened to you. Its a disgrace that somebody had a key and actually got in so far. If it was this morning at about 8.30 I saw a man about 28 or or maybe younger same discription you gave in a dark top and jeans heading for the lift but when he saw me coming he turned and went back into the building. I have never seen this person around the place before, it was odd and stuck out cause everyone else I meet always says hello or gives a friendly nod. This person wouldnt even look at me. Struck me as strange.

Anyway - i'd have no problem if there is a get together organise in going. It would be nice to get to know the neighbours.

Dee

maybe it would be a good idea when we get home later if you pop into your immediate neighbours and let them know whats going on and everyone can keep an eye out. i was thinking of putting up a forum on www.neighbours.ie and posting adds in each letter box for it. It may be useful to have all occupiers know that there is a place for sharing info etc.

also it may be a good idea to have some sort of informal meeting.

HI there everyone,
Marlene M back on the scene.
I viewed, chose, got what I wanted, paid and now waiting for Bank to approve mortgage.
I need to do the snaglist next week. Don't exactly have money to get in a professional snagman.. or whatever he will be called..
Please can you guys let me know what you found was the most needed things to be done/fixed, and also what you might have discovered since your list was done?
As always, all comments/advise and help is greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance.

Hi Marlene, one piece of advice from me is no matter how much money you need its vital to get someone decent to look at snagging your apt. its unbelievable what you would miss out on yourself. once youve closed you dont really have any comeback if there are any probs. do you know anyone that may be in the building trade or is just generally handy wiht DIY etc? in a snag you could pick up on a lot of minor things which is grand yourself, but there can be major ones also and ones that could cause you a nightmare. good luck with it no matter what you choose.

Thanks Ruthie,

You are so on the ball. Have spoken to my partner and his son is a builder and will come to do it - thanks for the advice.

How long is the average time one waits for the bank to approve mortgage?

Also can anybody suggest the name of their lawyer?
The one suggested to me wants to charge €1,600 ( i am planning to buy a 1 bedroom @ €127,000)

Hey all,

Does anybody know the brand and colour of the paint on our walls?

These security issues are worrying. I havent seen anyone around the apts. So far Iv met Dee, and you were a great help! Thanks:)

These questions may have been answered already, but I'm curious. Which blocks in the development are affordable housing and are these blocks 100% allocated to affordable housing?

Also, I see people are getting one bedroom apartments for €127,000? The affordable housing website suggests the cheapest properties in Tallaght Cross are €175,000?

Hi betty
you can have security issues were ever you live, but wasnt nice what happened to me but i am not going to let some scumbag rule me. its is really nice liveing there and people i have met so far are very nice. i would advise you to put mortis lock on your door i got one put on last night cost me 100euros supplied and fitted guys name is Maurice tel.1800 303075 locksmith. talking to dee last night and really think it would be good idea for us all maybe go for a drink just to have a talk and get to know names and faces. bty thanks Dee will get you back if you run out;)

Andy,

Thanks for that locksmith number. Im not living there yet, its a shell at the moment! Getting floors in tomorrow so I can start moving in then. Im sure I'll meet ya's around soon.

Hi Betty I have a tub of paint I asked the builders for when I moved in, i cant remember off hand what the colour was but ill check when i get home.

hi all ive another quick question... has anyone sorted out their section 23, my stuff has gone in but its still in a back log in the revenue commissioners. apparently it wil be looked at in the next 2 weeks. can anyone give me an idea as to how much on average (as i know it depends on amount paid etc) it works out as???

Hi Ruthie, tax credit on mine came back at 1400.00. I was really disappointed and went back to them to check it. That could not be right, I thought it was going to make a huge difference. Let you know when I hear. Hope you are all settling in, havent seen any randomers around but crazy to think these guys are making themselves at home in our apt blocks.

Hey,
I asked my solicitor today about section 23 and he said it only applies to the developers?? something to do with renting property. I dont know. He checked it out and got forms for me, said I may not be entitled to any credits tho.

Back