SDCC - property path update

Hi All
my solicitor has told me builder in charge of apartments till more people move in she is posting out tel no. for director of builder who you can ring will post no. when i get it. lift working again in block 3

Hoping to close next week :) Mortgage people(first active) will contact me tomorrow to tell me when the funds are ready for release. keeping my fingers crossed so much!!

Are any pets allowed in the complex? (eg:small dog?) I was thinking of getting one.
Also, another couple slightly odd questions :)
I'm a big energy saver, Can any who has furnished thier place, tell me, have you found the insulation/draughts sufficent? and did you insulate your concrete floor is anyway before putting flooring down?

Is it allowed to have a wooden indoor stove fire in the apartments? I've a big ready access to wood so it would certainly help with the heating costs in the winter? A small pipe would obviously have to be run outside

Hi Thinker
your solicitor should be able to answer most of your Q by looking at contracts think you might have a problrm with fire but maybe wrong

Popped off the questions to him.
Also asked a few regards management fee periods and issues with getting Sky instead of SkyConway, Ill pass on any relevant answers i recieve

congrats all, great news, Sammy78 will be good to have another neighbour on our floor ... think you are the last in.

Yeah i believe so, its the story of my life really.....Not looking forward to organising everything though, lots of work to be done. FYI, did you say you had some sort of carrier thingy to bring your stuff up in. Do you still have it?? Would you mind if i borrowed it? See i haven't even moved in yet and im already annoying the neighbours!!

yeah pop in i have a foldable light low loader which is great for boxes. doesnt take really heavy stuff tho, but it was a god send.

Hey,

I got my keys! Im in block 1, was convinced all along it was block 3! Whats the story with the car park? We cant use it til Easter-my solicitor is looking into it because they mentioned nothing about it to me on closing. Its annoying. I never asked about the bins, I presume they are in the carpark??
Hope to meet you all around the place soon

Thats Fantastic Betty, Congratulations.

Hope to see ya around and that your new place is everything your hoping for.

(ill be the guy that is always wearing a hat and fingerless gloves)

Hi Everyone, do ya remember I mentioned Hooke and MacDonald will be selling apartments in our blocks on the private market at reduced rates. Here's a link: [broken link removed]
What do you guys think about high-lighting this with the council in relation to our clawback?

Hi, all,

I hope you all coping well. just got chance to drop in this interesting forum again due to the busy life. Could I just ask somthing about the car parking space which mentioned in your contract when you signed it? I am nearly reach the final stage of buying it. However, I could not find the car parking space number at all in -2 or -3, which is 700 somthing. spoke with my sol. who contacted the SDCC sol regarding this issue who confirmed it is 700 somthing. I spoke with the staff from SDCC who said all the car parking numbers has been changed for security reasons. in this stage, my sol. said he could not do anything more. it is up to me whether I want to go for it or not. I am so desperate now. I do appreciate if any of you could give me some advice at this stage as soon as possible. Thanks a mill.

Hi Sean
if your only fear is about car space i wouldnt worry about it you will get one also my solicitor told me we own the space so when you are told your car space no. you can put in car space bollard if you want so nobody can park in it

Sean -08 i wouldnt be worrying about the space, its there and if it in the same spot as mine which i think they all are, i can pin point it for you once you map has it coloured in on your lease. there is plenty of parking and i honestly dont think anyone actually uses their designated spot, i certainly dont anyways!!!

Hi all
some alarming news my apartment door was opened useing a key by some guy who i think was a junkie tis mourning went out after him told me he was working for builder didnt beleive him called gaurds he got away. dont know if he only had key for my place or might have keys for other apartments, got lock changed will also be getting a chubb lock on door
have been on to properthy path and think they should change locks on main doors and we should be given codes for those doors and key code should be fitted on -3 carpark door maybe it would be good if we could meet up to know faces with apartments sure let me know what ye all think

I cant believe that! Lucky you were at home! I have an alarm on my place but was thiniking about getting a chubb too.. will deffo get one now!
What did he look like? has anyone seen anyone dodgey hanging about? lucky you guys in block 3 have a code and lock for your door.. we dont have one in block 2.. im still awaiting to speak to someone about it!
im sorry that happened to you andy, nothing worse than something like that

he was about 5`5 medium build short dark hair defo junkie think he was up sleeping up were penthouse landing is cos builders were up their asking him what he was doing and he told them he was wireing my apartment they didnt belive him so they came down to me see if i knew anything, told them i called the gaurds and they changed my lock. ill repeat this again he might have other keys for apartments i dont know.
bty Ruthie how much was alarm to be fitted

Back