SDCC - property path update

Hi all i passed by Broadfield Hall today and it seems name plaques have been put on the walls of the different block entrances. Gives a nice finish to the place. block 2 has 35 apts at its entrance. Block 2 is the entrance to the sales suite.

Ruth

Hey Everyone. Im new to these posts but have read most of the comments on Broadfield Hall. Has anyone had any progress yet? I did my snags back in August and still havent heard anything back. I rang PP this morning again and they can give no indication of a time for the repairs.

hi there

did anybody get an independant valuer to value the apartment??? just think if things go slow you can get stuff in the january sales

hi, all, re. the valuation in broadfield hall, mine is 320,000. However, the market price SDCC provided is around 360,000. I am in doubt whether i should go ahead for it or not. by the way, i did the snag myself and then i found out it is important to ask the professionals to do the snagging list. i asked the permision from the SDCC to redo the same, they refused. what should i do in this stage?

i would appreciate if you could give me any advice. thanks a million.

Hi Sean before you sign contract ask SDCC that you want too see if the snag list has been done so they will have too let you see apartment before you sign anything then you can bring a professional with you. if your also saying your apartment is only worth 320,000 now, ask SDCC too reduced clawback send them a letter rather than by phone. i will be doing the same. I think you should not back out of your apartment cos is a really good price and good location ie luas,hospital,square town from town

Thanks Andy. I called the SDCC re. the price, who told me that we are on owner occupier tax which will make the difference. Have you ever heared about that?

Hi Sean yes you can claim for up to 10 years for this tax which you can claim at the end of each tax year. but you should go into your local tax office to find out about it. by the way do not give up getting your clawback reduced their are people in other areas getting it reduced send a letter too SDCC tell your solicitor to tell sdcc solicitor that you want the clawback reduced and get on to your local TD about it and ask him to look into it.

Hi
Has Anybody been able to get pp to get there apt revalued?

My solicitor suggests asking SDCC for a re-evaluation before signing your contract. She rang Property Path about this and it can be done. The re-evaluation is then done by Dublin County Council. Also maybe if we hire a private valuer we can get a good rate if we all use the same person. Then send his value into SDCC.

Hi everyone, I think it would be a good idea to get the apts valued by an independent valuer, it may be better to use different ones though to get more of an idea on the ground what the valuations are rather than someone giving a blanket price. Best to get a recommendation from a friend. I think the apts may be open early on 31st Oct but you have to clear access with SDCC in advance before going in as they won't have keys with them etc.

hi all,

just wondering if anyone has heard back on the snag lists. I sent mine in over a month ago now and still nothing!

Also just rang them and yes the apartments will be open this Friday 31st from 10am.

Hi all, havent heard a dickie bird yet, but i have spoken to an independent valuer today and organised for them to value the apt for me. I dunno if a submission from an independent valuer will make a difference to the claw back, i dunno if Property Path will be willing to negotiate. but its worth a try

Hi Ruthie

Thanks for that info. I phoned them and have arranged to get the valuation done on Fri. The Girl (Avril) was saying i was the 4th person buying in Broadfield to contact them. I think it will be more beneficial to have as many people getting these done and sending them into property path, it will put more pressure on them to reduce the clawback (hopefully)....

I'm also gettin a valuation done on Friday by these people. I found them to be very plesent to deal with on the phone.

Hopefully we can get some kind of reduction with the clawback!

Hi all, did anybody contact Property Path and tell them they have a valuer attended the block... and if so who did you speak with?

Hi Ruthie

I mailed over to property path to ask them if it would be okay but didn't hear back. The guy who will be doing our valuations phoned me and said he was up there yesterday anyway so will run it by them and would let me know if there was any problems.

Hi y'all... happy holloween!
I was at the apts today and im sooo excited , even tho none of the snagging is done yet it still is great place. Had the valuer out and he said he'd come back to me on monday with his valuation. Anybody else any news???

hi everyone, just had Myles on to me from independent valuations, and his current valuation is a hell of a lot lower than the councils in August....wonder what PP are gonna do?