SDCC - property path update

Hi Everyone,

Just had a call from the valuer re the valuation that was done on Friday. He was saying the max value he would put on it is 280000 - a big difference! 70 grand is a lot. He was saying that they did valuations in another property in tallaght and that person managed to get the council to reduce the clawback - so apparently it can be done.

Looking forward to hearing everyone's else's view! Looks like the war might be on with the council!

Hi Guys

Yeah i pretty much got told the same thing. It came in at €270000. I think if we all stick together we can get it reduced.

mine came is at €285000, clawback should be reduced from approx 51% to 39-40% if my calculations are correct

yep ruthie - one of the big 2 beds! got quite lucky with that.
however I am not prepared to be stuck with a overvalued price to pay back if I ever decide to sell.

mine is one of the medium sized 2 beds and it seems mine had a lesser of a reduction, dunno how that was calculated!!!!

thats a bit weird!
my clawback at the moment is something like 43% which should now be reduced (if they allow it). However I wonder did the car space come into play with the new valuation as I forgot to mention that!

Hi All i got my valuation today on my 2 bed apartment price from sdcc 361,000 euros now valued at 270,000 euros what a drop. lets us know how everyone else done on their valuation

yeah i mentioned the carparking space, but it didnt seem to make a difference to him whether it was included or not!
on the off chance nothing is done with PP with the new valuations do you think you will still go ahead?

I dont know - its a hard one. I've waited so long. I have a son and its getting to the stage where I really want my own place for me and him. Dont know if I could afford anywhere else, so I might be in a catch 22 situation. Hopefully though we will get somewhere with the reduction. My solicitor is calling me back soon - so as soon as I hear what he has to say i'll post that info too.

to be honest I cant really see myself selling it as it is in a very good location!! But sure you never know where life will take you! Plus the fact that I really like it and have nearly everything bought!!

Oh i hear ya with the everything bought thing!!!! yeah im still undecided as to what decision i will make pending the outcome from property path. I think i seen you on fri morning, did you have your son with you? Im the same too, ive waited so long and with the way mortgages are being offered on the open market i still cant see myself being able to buy privately.

yep had him with me. He is all excited! I was looking around at all the other people wondering if anyone from this was there and thinking how funny that we all chat on this and havent a clue as to what we look like! :L

I hear ya abotu buying privately- the only way I could buy privately is to move out of Dublin and if I was going to do that it would have to be a fab house with a huge garden. But to be honest I dont want to move out of dublin. I'm happy with Tallaght Cross as i'm from Knocklyon so its close to home for me. Dont think I could really have gotten any closer!

I bet he is excited alright!:D
Im the same, for me its ideal too, work is a few seconds walk away and family and friends are all within a 20 min drive so i couldnt get anywhere more ideal for what i need. Id say your little guy has big plans for his bedroom!!!

Hey Folks, did anyone get a independent valuation for the one bed apts? If so, just wondering how you got on...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi All the tv company sky-conway that we have in the complex seem to have alot of bad reviews on www.boards.ie from other apartment developments have had a look at their web site:eek: and if that is any thing to go buy it dosent look too good. but maybe they will be ok:confused:
though i would let ye know

Thanks Andy88, I havent heard anything about it myself im going to go with NTL i think, seems the cheaper option.

Hi Ruthie so we can get ntl in complex i was told it was only sky-conway by PP do you know how much it is too connext to them. and you are 100% sure we can get ntl

yeah no dish is needed for NTL, its alrtight to get into apts. The NTL guy will come out and connect you. there are loads of different packages just check them out on www.upc.ie

hey all

was just on to pp and apparently they are in discussions about reducing the clawback. So good news there, they are at least talking about it.

Also have been told that we should defo be in by Xmas!!

Back