Parklands, Northwood, Santry

Hey everyone,

When we bought in Block 5 we were told that it would be finished in Oct 2006.We were up at the wkend to have a look at how they are progressing and we were very happy.Block 5 and 6 and the two front blocks at the front nearest the old folks home.Block 5 is the block beside the old folks home and block 6 is beside it.They have done most of the building work to both.The windows are in on Block 5 and they have to do the balconies but as far as we could see its ahead of schedule and Id say we'll defo be in by Oct of this year:D

We had previously been up and talked to the foreman and he said Oct of this year at the latest they should be ready and that they are head of schedule.

Hiya all

Have bought in Parklands myself and was surprised to find out the builders were ahead of schedule when I contacted Amanda a few weeks ago, ie Oct/November 2006 instead of March/April 2007. Reading the link for Lymewood Mews, was expecting the opposite with a few extra months on top of scheduled completion for extra saving! Still, not complaining....twill be nice to be in by Christmas.

Has anyone else got additional car parking at Parklands? Managed to secure one myself which I was pleased about.

It will be great to be in by Christmas.Yeah we got the additional car space too hopefully there will be visitors parking too.Has anyone heard about the management fees yet?

Has anyone started snagging yet?It looks like some people will be doning that soon - windows are cleaned in some apartments.Does anyone know a good tiler for the kitchen floor and also to put the floor boards down?A person that could do both would be great.

moonbeam said:
Has anyone started snagging yet?It looks like some people will be doning that soon - windows are cleaned in some apartments.Does anyone know a good tiler for the kitchen floor and also to put the floor boards down?A person that could do both would be great.

Hey Moonbeam,

Handy link here for the most common topics:
http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showthread.php?t=2674

There is a sticky there for wooden flooring.
hope it helps,
J.

Thanks for the update Moonbeam, was also talking to Amanda she is now saying Dec/Jan now for Block 5 & 6 but might be sooner, and we will get notice 4 weeks before, for snagging.
In relation to Car Space have e-mailed Amanda bout getting extra space, but 1st asked her to clarify how many spaces will be kept for visitors Would be only buying extra car space for visitors since have only 1 car. So will only buy extra space if visitor spaces are going to be at a premium which probably will be the case reading other threads in relation to Northwood.
Will let u know what she says

I was talking to amanda and she said that the builders were off this week , so snagging will probably start next week(which really means about three weeks)

I also found out we definately allowed wooden floors on all levels.

I dont have a tiler/floorer as yet but i have arranged my alarm, if anybody wants the details.

Hi All,

I was following the Lymewood thread for a while, all the time wondering when a Parklands thread would get started. Delighted to have found this today. Just dropping by to say hello.

I bought in a 1 bed in Block 5. Can't wait! Would be great to be in by Christmas :)

Dedalus

Hey everyone,

Hopefully we'll all be in by Christmas :D

I thought the alarm was part of the package???I was looking at the brochure that we got when we bought it and it said that the alarm is fitted in all apartments.Is that right?

Yup, far as I know just wired for alarm..

Was down there on Saturday and got a good look into my place.. It's lookin well, just seems to be the surface area around Block 3 and 4 to be done before they'll start snagging..

Hi folks,

The apartment is just wired for an alarm! I shopped around abit for an alarm, the price depends on the amount of windows you have etc. You can also get 24 hour support.

I finally got a look at my own apartment yesterday! I was very sneaky! It was great to see it finally after all this time! I would say it was 80% finished. The wardrobes were not fitted yet and the main bathroom was not completed. The entrance to the building (block 4) was a bit like an assualt course but it is coming along.

what has everybody gone for sofa wise? 2 +2 ?

susan

Has anyone seen the latest on the lymewood mews thread.. God I hope that's not the case in Parklands when we get in there.

Yep a bit worrying alright
But as far as I know the Developments beside us Temple Court/ Temple Lawns etc.a re pretty peaceful friend living up there has had very few issues
I agree with Sue M that we should push for CCTV, there is network already in the Estate as a whole along the main roads etc. but we should ask for cameras in blocks on Car parks and Entrance Halls, Post boxes etc.
in relation Lymewood alot could be down to teething problems and Location its a bit isolated at the moment, hopefully will settle down when comes more established and estate is further developed.
There is already on Security on Site but reading the Lymewood Thread u wonder what they do?? Maybe they need to be taken to Task over some of the issues raised on Lymewood Thread?

Hey guys

Yeah, our place is definitely having a few teething problems at the mo but we're hoping to have them dealt with soon. The security at each end of the complex is a bit of a joke, but better than nothing i suppose. I would definitely push for CCTV if you could at this stage.

We had to wait ages for our apartments to be built as well so I feel your pain!

Good luck with everything.

Muffin

The security guards have nothing to do with the apartments - they are mainly to stop through traffic. Not sure that they even do that!

Temple Court had a few car break-ins and bikes stolen initially but the access codes were changed,CC TV installed and bike sheds have been introduced. Haven't heard of any apartment break-ins but that doesn't mean there hasn't been any.

I think all new developments have some amount of teething difficulties but Lymewood Mews seem to be having a nightmare!

Yeah we defo need to push for CCTV just to be on safe side.

Sue - how did you get in to see your apartment?Did the builders let you in?

I think we are going to go for a corner sofa - easy to get into the apartment, I reckon a 2 + 2 would smother the room - depends on the size of the apartment though - ours is 64 sq metres

ye, i think ours is about 63sq or so. we might go for a two seater and two one seaters.

Is anybody else getting an electiric shower in the ensuite?

We bought one at the weekend and i rang Angela in P & elliott and she said that they cannot be fitted at this late stage but the builders will around for a longtime after we move in , so maybe they will do it for us then. So if you are in block 5 & 6 maybe you should ask now!

Back