Over 8 years of non payment and no repossession

When you’re down the hole keep digging. When you go to Niamh Horan in the Sindo you’ve lost the plot completely. Such self entitlement. It’s barely believable. And the deal they got. So utterly utterly stupid not to walk away. I loved the angle that she and Ryan are fighting for the ‘little’people. For all the people ‘struggling’ like them. What struggle is it to live in a property for free for 9 years while most of the ‘little’ people struggle every month to pay their bills including their mortgage. Unbelievable cheek really.

Any poster know are that couple earning much?

Seems that they are unable to cut their grass in their garden either.........oh hang on........we will probably have an article about her leaving her grass long ........for the poor bees......

The above article should be read in conjunction with the previous ones.

- A Lacanche cooker (which Ronan “insisted on”); these appear to be hand-made in France and vary in price from €5k to €27k.
- An Anne Madden painting (Louis Le Brocquy’s wife).
- Patrick O’Reilly sculptures.

In terms of lack of self-awareness, what’s going on here is far worse than “Swing-gate” and the ill-fated Sean O’Rourke interview.

Frankly, it’s laughable, pathetic, and disgusting in equal measure.

Seems that they are unable to cut their grass in their garden either.........oh hang on........we will probably have an article about her leaving her grass long ........for the poor bees......
How on earth do you know about their garden? Maybe they’ve no time what with running two food restaurants and kitting out their house with top stuff. I wonder how they juggle that with four young children.

If I rocked up to one of their food joints and refused to pay my bill because the interest on my mortgage is higher because fighting people like them don’t bother to pay a penny on their mortgage for 9 years do you think they’d call the police to have me jailed.

They probably would call the police but in what they're doing mortgage wise? Tells us something about them and their principals, doesn't it?

they were offered a brilliant deal, i cannot understand why they didnt take it, whoever is advising them has a lot to answer for also.

And the deal they got. So utterly utterly stupid not to walk away.

So far brass neck has served them well. People tend to keep doing what works.

It will be interesting to see if they have gone too far or if their brass neck has earned them another two months, at least, rent free.

My guess is the latter.

they were offered a brilliant deal, i cannot understand why they didnt take it, whoever is advising them has a lot to answer for also.
Ross Maguire has recently got involved with them according to the report in the papers last week

At home with Pamela Flood: ‘I am a total hoarder’
The above article should be read in conjunction with the previous ones.

- A Lacanche cooker (which Ronan “insisted on”); these appear to be hand-made in France and vary in price from €5k to €27k.
- An Anne Madden painting (Louis Le Brocquy’s wife).
- Patrick O’Reilly sculptures.

That is just astonishing!

If a lender had told me that he had customers refusing to pay their mortgage but buying top of the range cookers and art, I wouldn't have believed him.

Brendan

It will be interesting to see if they have gone too far or if their brass neck has earned them another two months, at least, rent free.

With any luck, they will get a long spell of rent-free accommodation.

The judge granted barrister Rudi Neuman, counsel for Tanager Bank, leave to seek short service of an application to attach and commit both of them to jail for breaching a personal undertaking and court order under which they would be out of the house by last Tuesday, July 9.

-

It must be the top end cooker because the article states it's the same one as is in the restaurant.

So far brass neck has served them well. People tend to keep doing what works.

My guess is the latter.

Did Pamela ever wonder was it 'illegal or immoral' to not pay her suppliers similar to her belief in not paying the mortgage.

That is just astonishing!

If a lender had told me that he had customers refusing to pay their mortgage but buying top of the range cookers and art, I wouldn't have believed him.

Brendan
Of course the art and cooker will have been paid for by Pamela, who does not pay rent, or anything towards the mortgage - she acquiring property rights as a spouse, but not being liable for her husband's mortgage. So all 'assets' will be her's. And that cooker and art will be leaving the property you can be sure when they eventually vacate it.

Ironic that the Anne Madden painting is titled "Icarus" - wasn't he the one who flew too close to the sun and his wings melted causing him to fall to Earth?

Perfect Celtic Tiger allegory!

Woe is me :rolleyes:
Is Maguire effectively advocating strategic default?

On advice from New Beginning, whose founder Ross Maguire is advising the couple, Ross and Pamela have vowed to stay in their €900,000 home, insisting they intend to fight back against the vulture fund seeking to repossess it.
Mr Ryan recently obtained a protective certificate under personal insolvency legislation which means they can not be interfered with by anyone for 70 days."..

"Meanwhile Ross Maguire, adviser to Mr Ryan, said any anger levelled at the couple has been misdirected.
"I understand people being angry when it looks as though people are deliberately not paying their mortgage. I think that creates a justifiable anger," he said.
"But when you look at the actual situation - and this would apply in many cases where the person believes 'I am goosed, I am going to lose this house' - if that is the case, if you believe you have lost your house then, leave out the morality of it, it doesn't make any commercial sense to make payments because you are losing the house anyway.
"So in the case of Ronan and Pamela - where the bank or the funds say 'listen, give us back the house and we will write off the debt', then it doesn't make any sense to make payments because why would you make payments against a debt that has been effectively written off? You might as well take your cash and throw it into the river Liffey. It's gone. You'd be wasting it."

Last edited:
Hello,

Right or wrong, it seems like the press and media are supporting this pair of fraudsters.

If there's any justice in the world, they should be evicted and forced to sell a significant part of their household assets etc with proceeds put against the debt.

I know the house where they live, it's probably worth €800k - €1m due to the road that its on etc. There is no need for them to live there whatsoever.

Long past time that the politicians also criticised the legal system for how this is handled.

The media and certain so called journalistic friends in it might think they're helping this pair but the Irish public aren't so gullible anymore. There are lots of unfortunate house buyers in this country, some have been hit extremely hard but this particular couple are an example of poor me, help, help, help, i'm sooo different, you don't understand, do you know who we awr? but paying back debt is not in their vocabulary. This is the very thing that gets everyone so angry here in Ireland, I hope an example is made of them and all within the full enforcement of legal protocols. For once it will set the right and proper example.

Back