Newbury Wood, Clonshaugh, D.17

the outline of the road and footpath is down and there is a trench built with what looks like cables (esb, gas, ntl? not sure).

the outline is down for the last four weeks without any noticable change :mad: but let's hope for the best. i passed by last saturday and seen some guys (they weren't builders but couldn't exactly tell who they were either) handling lots of thick cables. according to one of the builders i spoke to months ago, except for ESB all the other connections have been completed meaning gas and ntl is already done - now we can really hope that them cable guys outside house 1 and 2 last saturday were from ESB!

the outline is down for the last four weeks without any noticable change :mad: but let's hope for the best. i passed by last saturday and seen some guys (they weren't builders but couldn't exactly tell who they were either) handling lots of thick cables. according to one of the builders i spoke to months ago, except for ESB all the other connections have been completed meaning gas and ntl is already done - now we can really hope that them cable guys outside house 1 and 2 last saturday were from ESB!
Hate to burst your bubbles but I've been speaking to the builder a few times over the past two weeks. He said the contracts are with DCC and would be sent out to us last week. So now, if DCC are saying the opposite....I dunno, I'm begining to wonder if any of them know where the contracts are!!!

I suppose we just have to go with them saying the houses are to be ready for snagging at the end of June and we'll get the contracts then in July. My other half passed by last night and the footpath has now been laid. Progress! A little bit but still a bit.

Hate to burst your bubbles but I've been speaking to the builder a few times over the past two weeks. He said the contracts are with DCC and would be sent out to us last week. So now, if DCC are saying the opposite....I dunno, I'm begining to wonder if any of them know where the contracts are!!!

annpg- what does bubbles and contracts have to do with my last post? I didn't mention anything about contracts and only stated things I saw last saturday i.e. the guys with the thick cables on site. please make sure you copy the right quote for your replies!

in regards to last saturday, the builder's company confirmed to me that ESB are actually on site at the moment - so yes, the two guys last week were ESB guys *yeay*. they're connecting cables to mini pillars (?) but haven't connected the metres yet and the site manager (according to them) hasn't got a definite date yet either as to when this will be done. so that means for us - more waiting :(

can't wait to be your neighbour! Absolutely no need for that attack - won't be posting here again!

Hi guys,

I was speaking to tom on wednesday, according to him they (the builders) are hoping to finishing on site within the next 2-3wks. All contracts were sent to solicitors on wed 18th, if you haven't heard from your solicitor ring them and ask. i haven't seen mine yet but it is with my solicitor. If all goes according to plan (contracts, snags + ESB) we will have keys first wk in Aug, if not ....................?????????

does anyone else think the chimney breast is an eyesore???

Hi All,

Yes I agree the chimney is awful..

For anyone who is not getting their loan from DCC, listen up: the contract from the builder looks for ANOTHER 17K DEPOSIT. I was in with my solicitor this morning signing up when I pointed out the 17K deposit. I assumed the bank would pay this? Apparently not. I nearly died when I realised we would need to find this money somewhere else. The total deposit payable would be 10% or 24K with the 7K already paid.
The solicitor thought this was highly unusual as we are affordable where are we supposed to get 24 grand from? He questioned this with the council who agreed it was preposterous that we should be expected to pay this and that the 7,350 we already paid was unusually high also. They say the deposit is normally about 2-3 grand?
So make sure you READ the contract before you sign anything and if it says you have to pay anymore of a deposit make sure you question it with the council. My solicitor is now writing to the builder's solicitors to point out the mistake and advise that we will not be paying any more of a deposit.
If we could afford a deposit of 24 grand we would have bought a house the usual way!!!
I'll keep you posted...

Hi guys, was talkint to my solicitor today and she has the contracts, so have to go in during the week to check them out.
regards the other 7% deposit i was aware that it had to be given but im getting the mortage through the bank and am of the opinion that they will give the deposit, so fingers crossed....
but if u ask me because its affordable i taught they would wait till we drew down on the mortage before asking for more money.... stressful times guys...

hi all

tom actually rang me last week about the same thing he actually just casually mentioned the other 7% deposit in passing so naturally alarm bells went off in my head i rang my mortgage broker who in turn rang me back and asked me would i have the other 7% deposit my self ? eh i don't think so wouldn't be on the affordable housing if i did now would i so i rang dcc and questioned it and a fella there said don't worry about it too much as its usually covered by the mortgage company . when we received the letter from dcc at the beginning about clawback and deposits and stuff in only remember it saying we pay 3% deposit i don't remember it saying anything about a further 7% ,
correct me if i'm wrong though?

hi guys,
just got the info from the builder's company that ESB still hasn't completed their job and they have not given any dates either as to when they will do this. therefore the first 20 houses will not be completed (let alone doing the snagging) this month. :(

Hi all I've kept my head down the last while trying not to stress out about this but with my time off looming near (assumed to be moving in) I had to find out.
Drove up to the site today and had a chat with Alan. He's the gateman I'm sure we all know him, he's a nice chap and will always tell you what he knows, even if it's not much ;)
Anyhoo Eircom were up yesterday and have done their bit. The very front left corner is where their box will go right opposite no 1.
Tomorrow and Sunday see's the water mains connected, then all our attic tanks will fill with water and the plumber can come on site and check radiators etc. He doesn't get paid till this is done so I'm sure he's in a hurry.
Tarmac goes down Monday and the back wall (J59 you should pop up and have a look) is pretty much done albeit the space left for a gate is HUGE not sure what's happening there but we'll see.
ESB Alan said he hasn't seen on site in a while so who know's......

Then of course we up to Builders hols the last 2 wks of the month, so I think realistically we're all looking at mid August.
Frustrating isn't it !!!!
However Alan's been there that long that he's able to tell me the Sun rises in the front of our houses and sets behind them so maybe just maybe weather permitting we can sit in a gardens with a drink and a sunny smile in August :)

However Alan's been there that long that he's able to tell me the Sun rises in the front of our houses and sets behind them so maybe just maybe weather permitting we can sit in a gardens with a drink and a sunny smile in August :)

hehe that sounds great, I am up for the drink in my garden :p

It is quite frustrating waiting this long - I agree and if I understood Moston correctly yesterday, everything is manageable except for ESB. They sounded frustrated enough yesterday in regards to the ESB as they keep chasing them without getting anywhere. :(
Well let's hope that August it is now!

Can I just ask if most of you are paying this 16,500 that the builders want at this stage? I haven't asked my bank about it yet, and am not sure if I'll get it, but am wondering if other people are paying it????? Thanks

hey guys,

as i am going through the shared ownership scheme i dont have any news on the extra % the builders are asking from you now but i have some general news on the houses. i talked to tom today over the phone as i had some quesions in regards to the home insurance and he said to me that there are fire detectors in the house but no house alarms. according to him DCC didnt want them to put in a house alarm which might gives us some extra hassle because i was shopping around for home insurances (just to get an idea on the prices) and the ones i looked at all have down as a requirement - house alarm and fire detectors - which means, you can only get a home insurance if you have these two things in the house and we only have one of them. AND we wont be able to get the house alarm in until we have the keys and we wont get the keys if we dont have a home insurance. yep, we're moving in a circle. ill be contacting the DCC law dept. today to find out what they suggest to do instead now. love the fact that someone in DCC made the decision not to put in a house alarm without consulting the potential buyers. AND also, Tom said that they - the builders are finished next week and all there is left is literally ESB. he also said that the more they chase them, the less reactions they get - very frustrating. DCC and Moston have been on to the ESB several times in the last few weeks and still not even the basics were done. :( Tom said, he will contact us all next week or so in order for us to do the general snagging. the snagging for the cables, electrical connections etc. will need to be done some other time. date not set due to ESB :(

Drove by tonight still no sign of tarmac / road etc. They do however seem to have started painting the walls opposite the houses, but the rusty railings is still attached to the top of them !!! Had thought they were being removed ???
Drove round to the back to see the end wall/gate etc and delighted to see a huge poss 8ft wall completely across with a small space for a gate so in time there will be access.
Me wonders when we'll be in ..................

hi all

have all of you signed your contracts yet ??
also did any of you speak to your bank about the other 7%
also the extra snagging that comes with the cables and connections does that come with extra cost also because technically that would mean we have two seperate snags to get done doesn't it ?? all a bit frustrating really isn't it

I signed my contract and didn't pay the extra 7% and got word this morning that it's been accepted as we are so close to closing!!! As far as I know, we've to pay for our own snag and the council will do their own snag at no cost to us...so I'm just waiting to get a letter about my snag :D

Back