Neighbor's cats

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. I am a responsible dog owner and I clean up after them. I abhor anybody who doesn't clean up the droppings of their pets.
2. The subject here is multiple cats invading other peoples' property. Cats kill birds too + mice etc.
1. good, but not all dog owners do the same, do we get rid of dogs who's owner dosen't clean up after them?
2. It is the owner that is responsible, there are no suggestions here to go after the owner, but plenty to do harm to the cats

get my point?

1. The thread is about cats invading a person's garden and the person doesn't want the cats.
2. Most cat owners couldn't give a hash about their neighbours who don't want cats.
3. "Do we get rid of dogs whose owner doesn't clean up after them?" Better again, if we can get rid of the owner.

I don't get your point.,

I get loads of feral cats come into my garden, I feed them r and I'm rewarded with never seeing a rat or mode around the place.
What kind of person are you to even think of suggesting that? Unbelieveable
I'm sure she was being humorous

1. The thread is about cats invading a person's garden and the person doesn't want the cats.
2. Most cat owners couldn't give a hash about their neighbours who don't want cats.
3. "Do we get rid of dogs whose owner doesn't clean up after them?" Better again, if we can get rid of the owner.

I don't get your point.,
My point is deal with the owner. Just because you say most cat owners don't give a 'hash' dosen't give you the right to harm the cats. Its not the cats fault, same as its not the dogs fault if the owner dosen't clean up after them.
It sounds like animal hoarding, and you would be doing the cats a favour by dealing with the owner OP, or a rescue. And it would solve your problem if they were rehomed if it is a welfare issue.

I have cats in my garden that don't belong to me. They don't bother me. If they did, I wouldn't have any qualms about getting rid of them.

I hope you pick up your dogs poo, Leper, as 90% of dog owners think it ok to leave it on the footpath, or the green where children play. At least cats bury theirs

Seriously, this is not a cat vs dog argument, but wildlife could be in his garden as well, foxes etc. What about birds, they poop! Very annoying when there is washing on the line.
don't get me started on the mice and rats.

Ah here, 90%. If it was anything near that you would know all about it.

I'll let you in on a little secret too, its just as annoying for dog owners as it is others when dog poo is left not picked up. We dog owners find it just as repulsive and annoying, and we also happen to be just as likely (or maybe 90% as likely??!!) to step in it.

What kind of person are you to even think of suggesting that? Unbelieveable
If you had rats in your garden or house would you use traps or poison?
Rats are more intelligent, more social and make better pets than cats. Why is it okay to kill one animal that invades your home or garden and not another?
I would certainly prefer a pet rat to a pet cat. When I had rats in the house I used traps and killed one (and felt bad about it). It was suggested that I get a cat but I can say categorically that I'd prefer to have rats than a cat. I hate cats. That's probably because of all the dead birds and squirrels I found dismembered in my parents garden by the neighbours dead eyed cats as a kid.
Why should I have to deal with them coming in to my garden or my house because their owner chooses to let them behave like wild animals?
If you want to own a pet then keep it under control. That applied to every animal other than cats. Why is that?

Ah here, 90%. If it was anything near that you would know all about it.

I'll let you in on a little secret too, its just as annoying for dog owners as it is others when dog poo is left not picked up. We dog owners find it just as repulsive and annoying, and we also happen to be just as likely (or maybe 90% as likely??!!) to step in it.
I always cleaned up after my dog when she was alive. I see walker's every day and it's years since I saw one not pick up after their dog.

If you had rats in your garden or house would you use traps or poison?
Rats are more intelligent, more social and make better pets than cats. Why is it okay to kill one animal that invades your home or garden and not another?
I would certainly prefer a pet rat to a pet cat. When I had rats in the house I used traps and killed one (and felt bad about it). It was suggested that I get a cat but I can say categorically that I'd prefer to have rats than a cat. I hate cats. That's probably because of all the dead birds and squirrels I found dismembered in my parents garden by the neighbours dead eyed cats as a kid.
Why should I have to deal with them coming in to my garden or my house because their owner chooses to let them behave like wild animals?
If you want to own a pet then keep it under control. That applied to every animal other than cats. Why is that?

exactly - deal with the owners! but no, just because it is a cat you are happy to poison it. Just because you hate cats, and you think it ok to encourage animal cruelty on a public forum, and whats worse you are allowed do it by the mods.
I can imagine the uproar if it was 'I hate dogs'

Agree that it's much better.

But there is a lot of dog dirt on the paths.

Brendan
It very much depends on the area. The paths in Cabra are like an obstacle course, in Glasnevin it's hardly ever seen. Better class of a dog in Glasnevin.

exactly - deal with the owners! but no, just because it is a cat you are happy to poison it. Just because you hate cats, and you think it ok to encourage animal cruelty on a public forum, and whats worse you are allowed do it by the mods.
I can imagine the uproar if it was 'I hate dogs'
So if your neighbours dog came into your back garden and house to defecated, frightened your children and dug up your lawn you'd be cool with it?

I'll ask you again; if you had mice or rats would you use poison or traps to get rid of them?

So if your neighbours dog came into your back garden and house to defecated, frightened your children and dug up your lawn you'd be cool with it?

I'll ask you again; if you had mice or rats would you use poison or traps to get rid of them?
Of course I wouldn't be happy, but I would deal with the owner, not harm the dog.
You are advocating the opposite because it is a cat.

I only ever had a mouse issue once and the plug ins (forget what they are called but they emit electrical pulses that annoy the mice and they move out) sorted the issue.

Of course I wouldn't be happy, but I would deal with the owner, not harm the dog.
You are advocating the opposite because it is a cat.
I have no idea who owns the cat in my garden as, let's be honest, they aren't really pets just wild animals who choose to live in your house (like rats but less friendly).

I only ever had a mouse issue once and the plug ins (forget what they are called but they emit electrical pulses that annoy the mice and they move out) sorted the issue.
If that didn't work, and it often doesn't, would you just accept that there are rats or mice in your kitchen, eating your food, leaving their waste on your counters, beds and floors, or would you use traps or poison?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back