Media coverage of results very poor

Ok Sunny,

It is valid to have a different opinion - remember?!

However, to say that...…..
I don't get the point you are making.

……..well now you're just beating Banagher.

Let's leave it at that. I shall resist the temptation to make further comment on this thread!

Ok Sunny,

It is valid to have a different opinion - remember?!

However, to say that...…..

……..well now you're just beating Banagher.

Let's leave it at that. I shall resist the temptation to make further comment on this thread!

:rolleyes:

Without that data, any forecast would be uninformed speculation.

Not at all. It would be their best forecast as of that time.

As the count continued, the range would narrow.

Based on your reasoning, they shouldn't issue any comment until the count is over in every constituency.

Brendan

Hi Tarfhead

I have just listened to a bit of the News at One, and it's the same story.

Number of seats so far, but no forecast of the likely outcome.

I heard a bit before that where they said it had not been a good morning for FF. So does that mean that FF and SF or FF and FG will not have enough seats between them? I have no idea.

Brendan

I saw one estimate had FF on 41 and SF on 37. That would leave them just short on a majority and might need some independents or a smaller other party to join in. I think the Greens would be too big \ have too many demands.

By "not a good morning" for FF I think initially it looked like they might get 45 but some of them not materialising e.g. Fitzpatrick in Dublin Central, Curran in Dublin mid-west.

Last edited:
By "not a good morning" for FF I think initially it looked like they might get 45 but some of them not materialising e.g. Fitzpatrick in Dublin Central, Curran in Dublin mid-west.

I knew that is what I meant, but I did not know what it meant in terms of final seats.

Brendan

In theory it would mean Mary Lou could cobble together a left alliance, leaving FF and FG in opposition, if every single independent got on board!

Lowery would have to get some bribe for tipp to get into bed with the Shinners.

FF especially in Dublin are losing out on transfers and seeing their first preference vote getting overtaken - seats going to GP, Independents, SDs that way.

I cannot see any combination that would be stable beyond one health crisis or budget.....

Back