Is eir the worst company in Ireland for customer service?

I wouldn't use Eir even if they were paying me. Their customer service was rubbish 20 years ago and it's rubbish now.
They are the worst and Sky are the best for customer service in their sector.

Last edited:
I agree that Sky customer service is good but only after waiting a long time trying to get through.......and the same can be said most services.

The eir(com) guy in the van is great... easy to talk to and they know their stuff but without customer service there is no service.

You can't say that their service is good not to mind quite good when their customer service is appalling.

I left eircom about 6 years ago... my issue was the broadband was terrible. I had been a loyal customer for decades up until the time where customer service (and that was the time you could get through to them) kept giving me the run around.

I eventually left them and they actually refunded me the broadband side of the bill as the service had been non-existent.

Until such as time as people vote with their feet, the likes of eir, Ryanair etc. will keep getting away with it.
How do I give them notice when I cannot contact them?

Write them a letter to their business offices, registering it if you feel you need to. Or fax it using your own software fax. Or address it or email it to the Boss listed a few posts back as suggested by another poster.

One email to Carolan Lennon and it was sorted quite promptly.

Write them a letter to their business offices, registering it if you feel you need to. Or fax it using your own software fax. Or address it or email it to the Boss listed a few posts back as suggested by another poster.
I already sent a letter to 2 different offices, they are very careful not to disclose email addresses.
Who is Caroline Lennon?

I agree that Sky customer service is good but only after waiting a long time trying to get through.......and the same can be said most services.
Really? I haven't needed to contact them since last year but I got through straight away.

The last time that I rang Sky I was 15th in the queue. I got a reply after about 20 mins . Like I said , and its the same for most companies, when you do get through the people who answer are very nice to deal with , even Eir staff, in my opinion, although I would be lucky to get through to them in 20 mins.

I switched to them in April as they had a fantastic offer - they sent me 2 modems and charged me for them both, got both refunded after about an hour on phone. Delivery guy laughed when he came with the 2nd modem and said he regularly delivers twice for new eircom customers. They must lose serious money by this that could be avoided by better investment in people/systems . I still have 2 modems.

Was trying to cancel my broadband account for several weeks.

Eir confirmed cancellation today and thats after I asked Comreg to sort about 10 working days ago.
Glad to be free of them, hard to believe how bad their customer service is.

Eir confirmed cancellation today
Congrats for getting things sorted.

Did they ever accept cancellation call via 1901 or emails / online chat? How did you get Comreg involved - again just via email? Did you have a reference number from Eir to give to Comreg?

Just wondering if you got details of a "cancellation process" from Eir at the end of all that fun you went through - their website just references "1901 to cancel". Anything that could aid others in their quest to rid themselves of Eir?

I finally got to talk to a human being after 53 minutes on hold.

Was told I would get a call back - missed call on my phone, but when I go to ring back call cannot be connected.

Cancelled DD payment, wrote yet another letter & relative (on who's behalf & with agency have been acting), is now being pestered with text messages.
..sigh...

1 Did they ever accept cancellation call via 1901 or emails / online chat? 2 How did you get Comreg involved - again just via email? 3 Did you have a reference number from Eir to give to Comreg?

4 Just wondering if you got details of a "cancellation process" from Eir at the end of all that fun you went through - their website just references "1901 to cancel". Anything that could aid others in their quest to rid themselves of Eir?
1 no, online chat agents gave me phone numbers and the automated phone system wouldn’t recognise my account number to allow me to get through to speak to a person in order to cancel my account.
2 emailed.
3 the Eir online complaints form submitted but didn’t give me a reference number or acknowledgement. I did this a second time a few days later and took a screenshot of the complaint successfully submitted message which I emailed to Comreg.
4 record your dates of contacting Eir. If they don’t cancel, complain using the online complaints form. If they don’t respond within 48 hours then email ComReg. This worked for me, just one or two emails between Comreg and me and Comreg emailed Eir who acted quickly after that or rather within the 10 days they have to deal with a complaint after Comreg get involved. Eir agent full of apology etc but no explanation other than to say my account is cancelled to the year 9999 which is good enough for me!

Eir agent full of apology etc but no explanation other than to say my account is cancelled to the year 9999 which is good enough for me!
Very strange to say to you o_O
Thanks for the follow up - will be of help to others that are trying to leave Eir. Glad you (eventually) got sorted out

I see now on Sky's website you don't have to contact Eir anymore Sky will do it for you

"If you’re joining from Eir, Vodafone, Imagine, Pure, or Digiweb, Sky will handle the switch over and you won’t need to cancel with your current provider"

I actually didn't know this, for some strange reason I thought that you had to cancel with your BB provider before you could change
I cant explain why I thought this when every other utility providers offers this service
Well it's good to learn something new everyday and has put my mind to rest when my contract is up with Eir next March

Back