Harry and Meghan

So it's all the woman's fault then?
Good lad led astray by a manipulative gold digger?

No its not "the women's fault", it is meghan that has pushed this, she wants to move to Canada, but really get back to LA, Harry is just following like a lap dog. She is street wise he is not because of his upbringing.

So it's all the woman's fault then?
Good lad led astray by a manipulative gold digger?

I never thought it was a good match tbh. He should've stuck with a local lass that knew the craic..... but then he's never been a 'rocket scientist'.....

No its not "the woman's fault", it is meghan that has pushed this, she wants to move to Canada, but really get back to LA, Harry is just following like a lap dog. She is street wise he is not because of his upbringing.
The last time I spoke to him he seems to be the one pushing for the move.

I think that Megan and Harry have made the right decision for themselves. You get one shot at this life. He will never be king - being sixth in line.

They made the decision as adults in their 30’s to marry each other and have made a decision as adults to live their own lives.

I wish them well!

Marion

I think that Megan and Harry have made the right decision for themselves. You get one shot at this life. He will never be king - being sixth in line.

They made the decision as adults in their 30’s to marry each other and have made a decision as adults to live their own lives.

I wish them well!

Marion
No no, it's all her doing! Get with the hysteria Marion; this is yet another case of a shallow, greedy, social climbing woman leading a good man astray. Your logical and reasonable view couldn't possibly be correct!
Sure she's a Yank, and her mother is black and, worst of all, her father is a Catholic! And she's a woman. Did you realise that about her?

Last edited:
Channel 5 had a long interview with Thomas Markle last night, he is actually an interesting and soft spoken man with alot of interesting things to say. He has been basically ghosted by Meghan Markle since she married Harry, she has tried to pretend he doesn't exist. He had a good description of what Harry and Meghan are doing now its "Walmart with a Crown".

Channel 5 had a long interview with Thomas Markle last night, he is actually an interesting and soft spoken man with alot of interesting things to say. He has been basically ghosted by Meghan Markle since she married Harry, she has tried to pretend he doesn't exist. He had a good description of what Harry and Meghan are doing now its "Walmart with a Crown".
That's the same Thomas Markle who is testifying against his own daughter at a libel trial?

There's a sex tape, it seems. Was that the reason for the extended Canadian trip?
What a horrific invasion of privacy.

@Purple, Really!, where did you get that information? If thats true they will be moving down market on the speaking circuit. The "brand" is coming under severe pressure, imagine what the tabloids will do with "Royal Sussex" , there is a load of possibilities

Last edited:
The confirmation I always dreaded reading - Letting Off Steam is now officially the West Brit Red Top of askaboutmoney. :( :(

Well at least nobody is discussing the premiership soccer on this thread, so are all the irish in liverpool and Man U tops "West Brits" now . Maybe there is a "West Brit" waiver scheme for irish premiership supporters

Last edited:
Well at least nobody is discussing the premiership soccer on this thread, so are all the irish in liverpool and Man U tops "West Brits" now . Maybe there is a "West Brit" waiver scheme for irish premiership supporters
Don't forget the English Tabloid readers, indeed the London Times "Oirland edition" readers and anyone who says "the Queen" when referring to the British Queen.
Personally I'm delighted whenever any member of a Royal family leaves the family. The fewer of that lot there is the better.

The Mail Online despite it's anti-Irish (anti-anything that is not white English) is one of the most popular websites in Ireland....

I stayed up to watch the last British Election. I enjoy watching England in major sports tournaments (mainly to watch them fail I admit). London is probably my favourite major city in the world. I fully supported Oasis against Blur in the Britpop war. I laugh at Essex girls. I always stand to one side on escalators to let people pass. I love the madness of the Tube and how people complain about the service and then come home to use the dart. I enjoy the BBC. I have been known to watch the odd last night at the proms showing. I am partial to a bit of marmalade on a toast and a good cup of tea. I love the English sense of humour and how they really struggle to understand Irish sarcasm.

West Brit and proud I guess!......

Ah lads, don't be after confusing your average common or garden West Brit with an involuntary economic exile.

I was one of the latter in my day having been recruited in Ireland by an English/British ban to work in London. I was based in a data-processing centre on Lothbury City of London, opposite the rear entrance to the Bank of England, which of course fronts onto Threadneedle St.

Because of where I lived, I supported Arsenal during my English/British residency, attending Highbury regularly. Once I moved home I switched allegiance back to the 'Pool. I now receive two pensions from Great Britain, I still subscribe to The Sunday Times and some of my favourite TV channels are BBC2 & 4.

I'm not a West Brit, not even my worst enemy could describe me as such and I cannot understand how the Germano-Greek royal (not Royale) family holds so may Irish people in thrall, any more than I can understand the fascination with so-called celebrities. Once upon a time a celebrity was a person whose life and career perhaps was deserving of celebration - an inventor, musician, actor, author, athlete, etc. These days if you have had more protein or plastic injected into you strategically or have an ass bigger than the three people next to you, you is a celebrity maite, innit? Eh, eh, ja know wot I'm sayin' man?

Ah lads, don't be after confusing your average common or garden West Brit with an involuntary economic exile.

I was one of the latter in my day having been recruited in Ireland by an English/British ban to work in London. I was based in a data-processing centre on Lothbury City of London, opposite the rear entrance to the Bank of England, which of course fronts onto Threadneedle St.

Because of where I lived, I supported Arsenal during my English/British residency, attending Highbury regularly. Once I moved home I switched allegiance back to the 'Pool. I now receive two pensions from Great Britain, I still subscribe to The Sunday Times and some of my favourite TV channels are BBC2 & 4.

I'm not a West Brit, not even my worst enemy could describe me as such and I cannot understand how the Germano-Greek royal (not Royale) family holds so may Irish people in thrall, any more than I can understand the fascination with so-called celebrities. Once upon a time a celebrity was a person whose life and career perhaps was deserving of celebration - an inventor, musician, actor, author, athlete, etc. These days if you have had more protein or plastic injected into you strategically or have an ass bigger than the three people next to you, you is a celebrity maite, innit? Eh, eh, ja know wot I'm sayin' man?
So you went native and, in modern terms, took the Queen's shilling. Is that what you are saying? :D

Back