Harry and Meghan

Sunny

I know everyone has been waiting all morning for someone else to open a thread on this so I am going to step forward.....

I was shocked. Heard the news while listening to Off the Ball last night and had to pull over the car....Puts Iran and the black and tans into perspective...

Ah, in the good old days Harry would be in some outpost of the empire like Iran giving it the old bish-bash-bosh.

What's behind this move. Do tell.

The Irish Independent has totally lost the plot on this one . HALF the front page and THREE inside pages given over to this tittle tattle coffee table gossip . Gawdalmighty where is journalism headed when this is considered as " News " . I despair . :mad:

He should never have married her. All she wants is to get back to L.A. to all her Hollywood mates. She just used Harry to turbo charge her celebrity. She was a z list celebrity, now she is an a list celebrity. Divorce in a few years and Harry's image ruined

He should never have married her. All she wants is to get back to L.A. to all her Hollywood mates. She just used Harry to turbo charge her celebrity. She was a z list celebrity, now she is an a list celebrity. Divorce in a few years and Harry's image ruined

Sadly you could be right.

The Irish Independent has totally lost the plot on this one . HALF the front page and THREE inside pages given over to this tittle tattle coffee table gossip . Gawdalmighty where is journalism headed when this is considered as " News " . I despair . :mad:
You think the indo is bad. Daily Muck in Britain had SEVENTEEN pages on Thursday and FOURTEEN pages yesterday.

God only knows how many pages they'll have tomorrow.

Fair play to Harry and Meghan, they stood up to the racist bile of the British gutter press and gave them the two fingers.

And the gutter press hate that.

maybe the'll move in with his Dad.
It's tough on young people nowadays, trying to make a start on their own. Especially when they already have a child and one of them is going to have to mind it or pay exorbitant childcare fees.

It's tough on young people nowadays, trying to make a start on their own. Especially when they already have a child and one of them is going to have to mind it or pay exorbitant childcare fees.

Still I am sure George Clooney and Opera Winfrey will help out with the babysitting. I know Bono was a great help to me when I had young kids.

I admire the way they just want to want to do things for themselves. Well you know, apart from being able to pimp out their royal titles, get a couple of million a year from daddy, taxpayer funded home, taxpayer funded round the clock protection, Holidays in royal estates, billionaire friends lending places to stay and private jets..... Apart from that, just a normal young couple looking to make it in the world like everyone else....

Still I am sure George Clooney and Opera Winfrey will help out with the babysitting. I know Bono was a great help to me when I had young kids.

I admire the way they just want to want to do things for themselves. Well you know, apart from being able to pimp out their royal titles, get a couple of million a year from daddy, taxpayer funded home, taxpayer funded round the clock protection, Holidays in royal estates, billionaire friends lending places to stay and private jets..... Apart from that, just a normal young couple looking to make it in the world like everyone else....
Ah that's not fair; she made her own money long before she met him. She's very much self made. He married up.

Ah that's not fair; she made her own money long before she met him. She's very much self made. He married up.

Well that is true but sure can't she just go back to Suits to earn a few bob? He can be stay at home Dad. They will be fine.

Can't Harry fly helicopters? Could be a nice little earner around that set :)

And knows horses. He could get one of those horse and cart businesses around Central Park in NY.

Also, there probably isn't a pantomime out there that doesn't have a Prince. Now imagine having a real Prince in your Panto and what that would do for ticket sales...(Guess that is why he wants to keep the royal title)

And knows horses. He could get one of those horse and cart businesses around Central Park in NY.
Also, there probably isn't a pantomime out there that doesn't have a Prince. Now imagine having a real Prince in your Panto and what that would do for ticket sales...(Guess that is why he wants to keep the royal title)

I don't think the Yanks do pantomines. Think he'd need a crash course in acting and star opposite Megan in one of those Hallmark Christmas movies... A Real Royal Christmas Prince :)

Perhaps we should have a collection for him , the poor "prince"////. How will he ever survive.

The Russians had the right idea when it comes to Royalty.
I presume you are joking here, it was shocking what happened the romanov family. Yes they did not care about the suffering of the Russian serfs in the 19th century. But at this remove there is a lot more love for them than there is for the communists and Stalin among Russians now.

Leaving aside the antics of press, and regardless of how one feels about the inherited wealth, titles and funding from taxpayers; what really stinks here is the 'we're emigrating' post without talking to family.

If you found out from their social media post that your son / brother / grandchild was emigrating, I think you'd have every reason to be upset.

I also wonder that they didn't properly discuss how their life together would work; clearly they skipped the pre-marriage course ;)

Back