Dublin Airport drop-off areas have become pick-up areas

I will give you 24 Hr bus lanes as OTT (currently anyway) , but you are unlikely to ever get done for it.

Surely you can do better for OTT v non-OTT examples . Everyone driving on the same side of the road is basic cop on. Humans would work that out if it was not legislated for. Sheep seem to manage to do this.

How would your rule barometer rate parking on double yellow lines, cycle lanes or pavements, slowing to stop on amber and not passing a red light, in terms of OTT and excessive state power etc, which I should say has nothing to do with the subject of the thread. Maybe bring that theory or gripe to another thread.

I am all for civil liberties, but minor rules relating to the use of the drop off at Dublin Airport are hardly impinging on anyones liberty.

Especially considering they used to enforce it, and now don't.

It's also very common worldwide to enforce limited loitering at airports.

Exactly re other airports, for security and traffic management perspectives.

It could be a good ministerial question for a Dáil Éireann sitting.

At the weekend I was driving by T1 departures and witnessed a miracle: an airport police officer had appeared and produced an ominous looking book. He started taking the details of a very nervous looking fellow who was idling in the drop-off zone. Within 30 seconds 3 other waiting drivers had vacated their spots. A sight to behold.

Maybe DAA read AAM?

Back