Current public sentiment towards the housing market?

Status
Not open for further replies.
murray said:
it's a top floor apartment - no lift - we are looking towards having a family..... - wont stay in an apartment for 10yrs , the plan would be ; (hope prices pull back!!) and buy a house in a year or 2.

Given this information it makes it an easier decision, I would definitely sell. It looks like you would want to move anyway so moving costs, stamp duty etc. would apply regardless.

Name : WHATHOME
Marital Status : MARRIED
Owner / Renter : OWNER
Advice : Investors Sell, Trade uppers : Sell to rent, FTB : Don't Buy

Have to agree knowing your situation...I'd sell, but would trade up if you have the funds.

Firefly

Name : BEDSIT
Owner / Renter : NEITHER (unique situation) :)

Name : ECSTATIC
Marital Status : SINGLE
Owner / Renter : Owner
Advice : Investors Change Market, Trade uppers : Buy, FTB : Buy

Name : Sandymount
Advice : Investors SELL, Trade uppers : SELL to RENT, FTB : WAIT, can't say how long?

Bedsit said:
Name : BEDSIT
Owner / Renter : NEITHER (unique situation) :)
Are you living at Hotel Mum and Dad ? (TM I'm an Adult, get me out of here)

redo said:
Are you living at Hotel Mum and Dad ? (TM I'm an Adult, get me out of here)
No I have been allocated a house by the organization that I work for for a period of 5 years

Name : CONTRARIAN
Owner / Renter : RENTER
Advice : EXIT/DON'T BUY

Name : ROOM305
Advice : Sell or do not buy, whichever applies.

NAME: CelloPoint
MARRIED: No
OWNER/RENTER: rent
BULL/BEAR: definite bear
ADVICE : Investors: sell, trader-uppers: sell to rent , FTB: don't buy
MARKET WILL: crash within 9 months

Name : whizzbang
Marital Status : So very SINGLE
Owner / Renter : RENTER
Advice : Investors Sell, Trade uppers : Depends on equity level, FTB : Wait
Outlook : Gloomy, with a large depression moving over the country in the next year to 18 months. Could lead to prolonged spells of massive debt and emmigration.

CelloPoint said:
NAME: CelloPoint
MARKET WILL: crash within 9 months

CelloPoint,

What will be the event which will cause the market to crash? I'm very bearish but I tend towards a view of a long-drawn out correction as I think interest rates are on a gradual increase. To get a crash, we need a sharp change and I don't see where that comes from....

Neffa said:
To get a crash, we need a sharp change and I don't see where that comes from....

You don't need a sharp change - the trigger doesn't have to be a large event, sometimes it's just the straw that breaks the camel's back. Rising interest rates are more than enough. The market has started to turn already.

Thanks for the replies (almost feel like I'm running the place now!). I had my own idea that the "renters" were young(er), renting and living a carefree live of debauchery (ahh the dayz), but am surprised to see quite a few in their 30s and owning houses recommending to Sell..puts a different slant on it for me entirely...

Think we might all sell and crash Bedsits gaff!

Firefly

Neffa said:
CelloPoint,

What will be the event which will cause the market to crash? I'm very bearish but I tend towards a view of a long-drawn out correction as I think interest rates are on a gradual increase. To get a crash, we need a sharp change and I don't see where that comes from....

One word: sentiment.

A change in sentiment will be enough imho.

Conspiracy theory number 354:

Permanent TSB haven't released any figures for their June Price Index. Generally they release figures before the end of the next month. June figures could be interesting especially with the World Cup. I would suspect a drop in prices.

Alternately the person who compiles the information might be on holidays.

Name : Beattie
Marital Status : Single
Owner / Renter : Renter
Advice : Investors sell, Trade upers hold, FTB Don't Buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back