Current public sentiment towards the housing market?

Status
Not open for further replies.
WhatHome....

do you have any more links to cache price decreases. mentioned the impending crash (moment of weakness) and i'd like to show him some price decreases.

The Irish market is small in the overall context so I am not sure how it will effect other markets. Perhaps this is going off topic and should be dealt with in a seperate thread?

WhatHome....

do you have any more links to cache price decreases. mentioned the impending crash (moment of weakness) and i'd like to show him some price decreases.

Example 1
Old Price : €725,000

New Price : €700,000
[broken link removed]=

Example 2
Old Price : €540,000

new Price : €520,000
[broken link removed]=

Ad of the decade.

SMITHCURLEY estate agents have a superb opportunity to acquire a stunning three bedroomed semi detached family home coming to the market in showhouse condition throughout with no expense spared by its current owners. This property boasts a large rear garden and off street parking for 1/2 cars.

[broken link removed]

SMITHCURLEY estate agents have a superb opportunity to acquire a stunning three bedroomed semi detached family home coming to the market in showhouse condition throughout with no expense spared by its current owners. This property boasts a large rear garden and off street parking for 1/2 cars.

Well, if the agents themselves have a superb opportunity to acquire it, why don't they :rolleyes:

Honestly, the quality of some of the writing in these ads.....!

[broken link removed]

"No expense spared"! You have to see the hallway.

Admit it. Someone from here but that ad up, its a joke. "Showhouse condition throughout with no expense spared by its current owners" The kithchen is offensive, it has no aplliances, the grass hasn't even been cut.

WhatHome....

and here's another three:

Example 3
Old Price €785,000

New Price €745,000 : Reduced by €40,000
[broken link removed]

Example 4
Old Price €720,000

New Price €690,000 : Reduced by €30,000
[broken link removed]

Example 5
Old Price €650,000

New Price €575,000 : Reduced by €75,000
[broken link removed]

Ad of the decade.

[broken link removed]

"Asking Price: €355,000 to include curtains, blind, light fitting, barna shed."

Just the one mind! :rolleyes:

Ad of the decade.

[broken link removed]

When they said 'stunning' I think they were referring to the aah... decor.

I note that in many of these "cached dropped price" threads the houses are vacant\bare - these must be the houses owned by investors because most owner occupiers are stuck in property chains.

Also the quality of the fittings in most of these pictures suggest that (despite the good addresses in some cases) there was no houseproud wife in residence at any time recently.

As suggested during this thread it appears that specuvestors will be quite happy to take tens of thousands off the price of their houses to shift them so it appears the housing market isn't as sticky as some people would think it is.
I'm forming the opinion there is no invisible support to the market that will prevent the market from collapsing - specuvestors want out at any price above their mortgage liability and developers have a financial imperitative to continue to develop on the land they paid over the odds for over the last few years.

Is that a fair assessment of the market?

I note that in many of these "cached dropped price" threads the houses are vacant\bare - these must be the houses owned by investors because most owner occupiers are stuck in property chains.

Also the quality of the fittings in most of these pictures suggest that (despite the good addresses in some cases) there was no houseproud wife in residence at any time recently.

As suggested during this thread it appears that specuvestors will be quite happy to take tens of thousands off the price of their houses to shift them so it appears the housing market isn't as sticky as some people would think it is.
I'm forming the opinion there is no invisible support to the market that will prevent the market from collapsing - specuvestors want out at any price above their mortgage liability and developers have a financial imperitative to continue to develop on the land they paid over the odds for over the last few years.

Is that a fair assessment of the market?

I'd tend to agree. The speculative nature of the market may make things more liquid on the way down. Subsidising an underwater 'investment' when prices are falling is financial suicide.

Classic "sure [broken link removed] but it's still a great investment" type apartment.

99 Bushy Park House
[broken link removed] - 599,950

There's loads of properties in this apartment complex that have recently appeared on myhome.

The reason that the ERSI are calling for a brake on new migrants is the probability that there wont be work for them here. They mention the risk of the bursting US housing bubble but make no mention whatsoever of the higher risk Irish market? Pretty worthless analysis.
i am sure its to soothe the frayed nerves of the workers who are competing with the migrants already here and if not under threat of displacement will have seen their wages and conditions lower than they otherwise would have been
thus the esri have thrown them this sop
i think it is wrong to have restrictions on romanians and bulgarians if poles etc have no restrictions
if there is no work for them they wont come or at least stay

also predicting rates peaking at 3.75 and mentioning the us housing bubble _all great comfort talk_who can take this pr/spin seriously

Example 5
Old Price €650,000

New Price €575,000 : Reduced by €75,000
[broken link removed]

575K for a two-bedroom "shack" in Shankill. The 3 photos are even more laughable; one shows the golden sands (!) of Shankill beach. With this kind of madness, is it any wonder we are starting to see a correction?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back