Beware "€10 cashback!" Ticketmaster,IrishRail,Ryan,eBay

Hi there guys,

I have similarly just found that I've been paying these guys for months. I really am shocked that Ticketmaster are giving these people direct access to their customers.

Has anybody tried the US class action in an email recently as below? Thanks, Ross.

This did the trick

"I am hereby requesting you refund the money deducted from my account in light of the previously settled U.S. Case of your parent company;

In Re: Webloyalty.com, Inc. Marketing and Sales Practices Litigation, MDL No. 07-01820, Lead Case No. 06-11620
JLT; (2)

Failure to refund will lead to action in the Irish courts with similar results"

I purchased tickets at [broken link removed] at the weekend and saw the Complete Savings offer. I wasn't caught out by it as I had seen this thread. I have emailed Vue to make them aware of the US court case.

I got the exact same email today. Got caught with Ticketmaster. Not best practice from this company.
I mentioned that I was about to email Joe Duffy show....to see how widespread this issue is ...co incidentially
I got reply about two hours or so later.

Reply from Vue Cinemas.

Dear Páid,

Thank you for your email.

I am sorry to learn of your disappointment with the cash back offer provided to you on our website. The Complete Savings advert is a third party company who have paid to show this on our site. Vue are not affiliated with Complete Savings in any way, it is an advert provided to which customers can click on if they choose to.

As such, I would suggest contacting Complete Savings who are involved in this advertisement and will be able to assist you further. You can contact Complete Savings by calling 0800 389 6960 (free phone from UK landlines), Monday to Friday 8am-8pm and Sat 9am-4pm or email[email protected] anytime.

Kind regards,

Charlotte

Getting paid to show this offer and stating they are not affiliated with them in any way is a cop out and a contradiction in terms if you ask me. If they had any regard for their customers they would stop showing the ads.

I didn't get caught out by the offer but I won't be using Vue again anytime soon.

The websites carrying links to this promotion clearly have no morals and are simply drawn by notable commissions and referral fees. We need to act in unity and campaign to have significant numbers of people boycott the websites who carry the adverts... be it VUE, Ticketmaster or anyone else.

Are ordinary decent organisations such as Irish Rail, Argos, still facilitating the "Completesavings" post transaction marketing "trick"?

I hadn't used Ebay in years and it just so happens I ordered a small part last week and was offered a £5 voucher off the purchase which I redeemed.

After seeing your post Brendan I thought I may have become an inadvertent victim!

I've just checked the transaction and it appears to be a genuine voucher. Whew!

Brendan, the first one looks like an advert (due to the little X in the top right corner) - do you have an ad blocker installed on your browser?

the first one looks like an advert (due to the little X in the top right corner)

Hi username. I switched browser recently, so I probably don't have an ad blocker.

But that seems clear that you can get that discount "anywhere you shop" which I presume includes ebay.

Brendan

Yeah but I'd just prefer to block that at source - suggest you install adware blocker asap to block all that stuff. Google for relevant options available

Have to say "thank you" to Andrew Murphy for reminding me about the Ebay voucher
Came in handy on Wednesday when I bought a new phone on Ebay
Mine was for $5 which converted to a saving £4.08

Just checked my online banking and yesterday €15 was taken from my credit card by this company. I haven't used Iarnród Éireann, Ryanair or any such company. In 2020, what other firms are party to this scam? I can narrow the rogue firm down that way. Thanks.

I just checked and that’s exactly where it was (my deleted mail). I came across this: ‘You've made a great decision to sign up for Complete Savings benefits, the first of which is your €16.87 cash back voucher towards your next Look fantastic

Add look fantastic to the dodgy sites. I rang completesavings 1800 806167 number, and a message said to ring back when Covid-19 ends. I then emailed them requesting a refund and removal of all my personal data. To whom can this company be reported?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back