Beware "€10 cashback!" Ticketmaster,IrishRail,Ryan,eBay

I booked two tickets online today. The Complete Savings ad was there on the same screen as my Irish Rail purchase. I unwittingly signed up thinking it was an Irish Rail offer. It was only when I read the "small print" that I realised it wasn't and that there was a €12 monthly membership fee. I have cancelled with Complete Savings. I have emailed a complaint to the procurement section of Irish Rail. I regard the appearance of the ad and it's configuration as misleading and spam. I am concerned that Complete Savings will retain my credit card details and pass on my email to others.

Same think happened today. I have photographed the web screens. Irish Rail are clearly linked in. This, to me, is an unacceptable form of selling.

completesavings.ie

Hi
I used Irish Rail to book at ticket in March. I remember an ad, not a pop up appearing, that stated sign up and receive €10 back on your purchase. I signed up, I got no refund and forgot about it. On inspecting by credit card bill I have 7 payments to completesavings total €84. Can anyone advise me how best to get a refund. I have emailed them and received no reply and calling this mooring have just got an automated message. Are they obliged to refund me? I checked my email account and I had 7 emails from them in my junk email folder. How are Irish Rail allowing them to operate on their site?

Hi. I booked tickets on Irish Rail website yesterday. Seen the ad for cashback and thanks to warning on here I didn't sign up. I probably would have before I seen this thread. Thanks.

As for them no longer being associated with Argos - they are.

I bought tickets from National Express in August to go for a job interview in London, from Dover, when I was presented with the option for a discount.

I filled in details, but I saw the discounts were on all future purchases, then I just completely forgot about it.

The two emails I got highlighted how much money I could save, and in tiny writing at the bottom was the information about being billed if I didn't cancel the service - what service, I didn't order a service, I created an account?

To be honest, I get so much junk mail I didn't read any of their emails - I looked at the welcome message, and didn't scroll all the way down to the bottom to catch the fine print.

I didn't sign up for anything, so why would I have been worried. Sneaky buggers. They catch you by omission, because if you don't respond they just start monthly deductions.

Anyway, I have lost £45 (£15 per month) - I have asked them for refund, failing which I will be lodging a complaint with the Financial Ombudsman Service.

I only noticed the deduction today for the first time.

Why would an unemployed person willingly sign up for such a service?

I can't believe National Express would be associated with something like this.

I booked two tickets online today. The Complete Savings ad was there on the same screen as my Irish Rail purchase. I unwittingly signed up thinking it was an Irish Rail offer. It was only when I read the "small print" that I realised it wasn't and that there was a €12 monthly membership fee. I have cancelled with Complete Savings. I have emailed a complaint to the procurement section of Irish Rail. I regard the appearance of the ad and it's configuration as misleading and spam. I am concerned that Complete Savings will retain my credit card details and pass on my email to others.

Try something like;

"I am hereby requesting you refund the money deducted from my account in light of the previously settled U.S. Case of your parent company;

In Re: Webloyalty.com, Inc. Marketing and Sales Practices Litigation, MDL No. 07-01820, Lead Case No. 06-11620
JLT; (2)

Failure to refund will lead to action in the Irish courts with similar results"

You really don't have to go to these lengths to cancel/get refunded. Just ask them and they will accommodate you without any fuss. The last thing they want is a Joe Duffy moment.

It's amazing that ordinary decent companies like Irish rail and Argos continue their association with Complete Savings.

number 1800 806 167 does not exist any longer...

Hello gipsy18B:

We are very sorry you experienced difficulty when you tried to telephone the Complete Savings Customer Service centre. Please be assured that our telephone number, 1800 806 167, does still exist and works. We tested the telephone number after we saw your comment on this forum and we found it was working fine.

I received the email you sent to me directly. I checked your record and see that you were able to successfully use our telephone number yesterday and spoke to one of our customer service representatives who cancelled your membership as you requested.

I hope we have resolved your query to your satisfaction. Please don’t hesitate to contact me directly at [email protected] should you have further queries. Alternatively, you contact the Complete Savings Customer Service Centre via email at [email protected] or by telephone on 1800 806 167. Our hours of operation are Monday-Friday 8am-8pm and Saturday 9am-4pm.

Kind regards,
Mary
Complete Savings

thank you for your reply Mary
After investigation, issue with 1800 806 167 phone number was due to a phone problem and it has been solved by my internet provider.
I confirm the number is right, I managed to call it afterwards.

I have just noticed a similar scheme on eBay. I don't use it too often, so I don't know if it's new or not.

upload_2015-2-5_14-53-42.png

I gave them feeback
You should not be participating in a scheme like this

"Click here to claim €10 off your next purchase"

It greatly reduces my trust in ebay as a safe and honest place to do business.

Brendan

How long has this company been operating? I thought visa and friends were supposed to blacklist a company who accumulated a certain (low) percentage of charged-back transactions?

I bought a ticket from Ticketmaster a few weeks ago and got the same message "Click here etc to get €10 off next purchase"... No mention of a monthly fee. I signed up as I understood if was a Ticketmaster special offer. I got an email from Complete Savings - three pages long telling me all the savings I could make. In small print at the end of the third page I was told I could "enjoy Complete Savings benefits FREE for thirty days until 30/12/1899" and if I am 100% satisfied during the trial I do not need to do anything and my "benefits will automatically continue for just €12 a month....." It goes on to state that my next billing date is 31/12/1899!!!!

I cancelled straightaway and I don't know yet if my credit card has been charged. I cannot believe Ticketmaster is associated with what I can only describe as sharp practice.

I`m ashamed to admit that I have joined the ranks of those fooled by these crooks also. I`ve discovered that they have been helping themselves to €12 from my credit card account every month for at least a year. Like most people as far as I can see I did not knowingly sign up to the membership and I don't know what site I was on in order to have migrated to completesave, but I certainly did not sign up knowingly. I tried my bank to request a chargeback under SEPA rules, but no luck. It is incredible that this is legal, and no government agency is doing anything about it despite the number of people getting caught - and robbed as far as I`m concerned.

Back