Better offers for new customers than existing- Virgin Media

Use if your in the final month of your contract or out of contract. It'll give you 50% off your current full price contract for the next 12 months
Only if they have already contacted you first though?
This offer is personal and exclusive to existing Virgin Media Broadband and /or TV customers only, who have been contacted by Virgin Media with the Half Price for 12 months offer via SMS.

I have virgin media. Was paying €35/mt x 12 mts. Due to go up to €70/mt. One month before contract end I called them to cancel it. They offered €45/mt. I declined and said cancel it. Had intended allowing it to cancel and then signing back up the next day as a new customer (I have done this before) for €35/mt. Interestingly, on this occasion, about 5 days before my contract was due to end (and 5 days before my 30 days notice period was up), they called me and offered €35/mt x 12 mts. I accepted this. So I could then cancel the cancellation and no down time whatsoever and have the new customer rate for a further 12 months.
The couple of days down time I would have had while waiting for new router does not bother me at all, I just use my phone as a hot spot if really pushed.

I have virgin media. Was paying €35/mt x 12 mts. Due to go up to €70/mt. One month before contract end I called them to cancel it. They offered €45/mt. I declined and said cancel it. Had intended allowing it to cancel and then signing back up the next day as a new customer (I have done this before) for €35/mt. Interestingly, on this occasion, about 5 days before my contract was due to end (and 5 days before my 30 days notice period was up), they called me and offered €35/mt x 12 mts. I accepted this.
I think my mistake was that I explicitly told them not to call me again once I gave notice of termination. They still called me but I gave the guy short shrift. Maybe I shouldn't have? :D

They never contacted me with that offer, I saw it elsewhere, and it worked ok once I used the link in my final month of the contract. I didn't get an email to say it had worked but it did and my new bills are exactly 50% off
Fair enough - well done! :)

Back