Another rant about bad driving

The biggest trend that always comes across in these bad driving discussions is that people hate not being able to drive as fast as they like to - in other words not being able to control how fast they should drive themselves. The funny thing is if the same people were doing the same journey as passengers sitting at the back of a bus they would more than likely be much more relaxed as they wouldn't be concerned about overtaking the car in front. I'm sure there could be some interesting experiments done on this type of thing but I'd imagine people get a hell of a lot more stressed when driving as opposed to sitting on public transport. The big question people need to ask themselves is why. Maybe it's you who should change here, maybe you should relax a bit, take a chill pill. Maybe the driver in front is a learner or someone who isn't very confident on the road, maybe you should be more understanding. Whatever, I think there are much more important things to be getting so frustrated about rather than making your journey in a few minutes less time. That said I agree with burger1979 about q jumpers - height of arrogance that - but then I remember my mantra about letting it go and I take my finger off the trigger! :)

but then I remember my mantra about letting it go and I take my finger off the trigger! :)

whats your secret? how big of a chill pill do you take? can i order them on-line through my timbuktu pharmacy (who still have to send me those little blue XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX btw)

Had a reminder of another pet hate just last night, while approaching a T-Junction, with the intention of turning left. Only one car ahead of me, which was indicating to turn right. All looking good for a quick getaway, until, at the last minute, the car in front swerves to the left and blocks my access to turn left at the junction, despite the facts that
a) As I said they are turning right, and
b) that there is ample room for it to pull alongside the centre line as they should. So I had to sit there waiting for him/her to get a sufficient gap in two lines of traffic on a busy road at rush hour!!

Back