Women going out in their pyjamas

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP1234

When did it become ok for women to not bother getting dressed before leaving the house? I have noticed over the last couple of years the odd one, at the shop in their pjs or dropping their children at school but recently they seem to be everywhere, in Tesco yesterday ( around 1pm) we saw at least 3 doing their shopping in their nightwear, the woman across the road from me regularly takes her son to school in her pjs and my work colleague was telling me the local primary school has had to start sending out letters to parents asking them to dress more appropriately! ( I know some people will argue that it is no-one else's business but I grown women should have some common sense)

Is is really so difficult for some people to get dressed? What kind of an example is it to a young child that their parent can't be bothered putting on clothes to take them to school or do the shopping?

Maybe I am behind the times but to me it just looks slipshod and a bit grubby really:confused:

Saw two rather large young ladies walking down Lombard Street yesterday. My first thought was "lazy".

People have their going out pajamas and their pajama pajamas. When I worked in Dublin city centre, I saw it all the time. To be honest, I think it is a bit of a skanger thing. Younger ones I saw had their hair done, makeup done, etc and a pair of penny's best silky pajamas. So it wasn't lazy, it was done on purpose.

I read last year that a school in Belfast sent home letter to parents banning them from wearing the pajamas in the school area.

Years ago, long before mobile phones were in vogue, I lived about five minutes from my mam. She phoned late enough one evening looking for something and I had just gotten out of the bath. Lazy me said I will just go over the in the car in my dressing gown and give whatever it was. Got to the end of the road and car, which was a bit of a crock, broke down and would not go. I spent about 20 minutes sweating in the car before it decided to go again. Panic!

Friend who was on a Fas training course came across two students who got out of bed late and went to their course in their PJs rather than turn up late - priorities, huh! ;)

Its a pure skanger practice and anyone who does it is usally a dolie freeloader

" How hard is it to even pull on a tracksuit? "

Now you are really moving up the food chain!!

" how hard is it to even pull on a tracksuit? "

now you are really moving up the food chain!!

+1

like in Seinfeld ..

Jerry:Again with the sweat pants?
George: What? I'm comfortable.
Jerry: You know the message you're sending out to the world with these sweat pants? You're telling the world: "I give up. I can't compete in normal society. I'm miserable, so I might as well be comfortable."

Last edited:
I am amazed when I see women in pajamas. Perhaps they like that they are shocking people and getting such a reaction?
I do think it is a way of saying to the world that you just cannot be bothered fitting in with normal conventions.

Slobbish zombies.

Extra points deducted if they do the slipper shuffle into the bargain.

Two such lovelies made it onto the Late Late earlier this year where Tubs proceeded to interview them in the audience! I'm not one for stereotyping but lets just say they sounded about as intelligent as they looked.

I agree, its a chavvy, skangery, disfunctional look. However, a teacher in a very deprived area told me that at least the mums in pjs were bothering to bring their kids safely to school, a lot of tiny kids were sent off on their own every morning, minus breaksfast and left to navigate the traffic on their own.

I think it makes them look like skangers
Which means they probably are and still look like "them things" even when dressed.

Does this mean that Champion Sports, JJB, Lifestyle Sports, etc can now sell night-attire and claim to offer a complete clothing range for the discerning chav?

I think it's sad to see that people will still make huge assumptions about people based on their clothing. Are all leather-clad beardy bikers mad drug fiends? Are all the ladies and gentlemen in sharp business suits considered to be 'good' people, whatever good means in that context.

Lots of guys and gals change into their jammies when they get home from work - are they down the 'food chain' from those who change into their trackies?

Lots of guys and gals change into their jammies when they get home from work - are they down the 'food chain' from those who change into their trackies?

It's a bit of a leap to compare those who wear pjs in their own house with those who wear them to the local shop or on nights out!! :rolleyes:

Are all leather-clad beardy bikers mad drug fiends? Are all the ladies and gentlemen in sharp business suits considered to be 'good' people, whatever good means in that context.

Yes, yes and yes.

;)

It's a bit of a leap to compare those who wear pjs in their own house with those who wear them to the local shop or on nights out!! :rolleyes:
Indeed, that would be a bit of a leap, if I had made that comparison. I didn't make that comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back