Windmill, Porterstown, Clonsilla

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well what happened was we got a guy out from Electroplus to hook us up to the service and he got a normal tv cable lead - attached it to the wall and tuned in the stations, then told us not to bother signing a contract and paying because the stations were being piped in for free at the moment to the apartment and we should start paying when they disappear. Suits me as it isn't actually the service we want anyway. Think Electroplus have their main business in providing Satelite without the Dish - part of the reason we are not allowed dishes on the apartments (that and the fact that they look horrible) so aren't that adapt at providing basic packages.

Received a letter from NTL the other day stating that the apartment is pre-connected to their system, and that all of the analogue channels are available and that they will switch 'em off if I don't want the service.

This comes after I've made x million calls to them asking to be connected only to be told the estate is not on their network!!...

Have tried tuning their channels but to no avail, all I can get is a very poor signal on the electroplus channels. ( i never signed up to electroplus as I was waiting with baited breath for NTL!)

Question to my other windmill neighbours enjoying electroplus' generosity at the moment - Are your channels coming through ok or is the reception terrible? Just wondering if it's a problem with the wiring in my place.....

Hi banana,

The reception that we have is perfect but having said that we don't have any signal the other TV points aside from the living room, and the electroplus man tuned that one so there must be a knack to it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back