When were 7 digit phone numbers introduced in Dublin?

It literally set-out when exactly it happened in stages across Dublin in the link I shared.

1990-1994.

Unless you have something to the contrary?
My mistake. I didn't see that detail either. Always happy to stand corrected.

My number was prefixed with an 8, so I'm declaring top trump here :)

I had completely forgotten about the change, but now I remember it happening.

And your ex girlfriends numbers...

Only my posh girlfriend (Mount Merrion) had a phone in her house!
My (Northside) girlfriend's family didn't get one until after we were married - and we had to wait for four years before Telecom Eireann could install a phone line in our new love nest in Swords. Back then, even our local GP had to wait for months before getting a phone installed.

I moved house in early 1991 to Co Meath (within the 01 area) and got a new 7-digit phone number at the time.

Back then, even our local GP had to wait for months before getting a phone installed.
Thanks to my da's job as an inspector in the Corpo we had one earlier than many neighbours so would have a steady stream of them dropping in to make a call and leaving their tenpence behind to pay for it. When other neighbours got one installed it was a big deal to be the first to call the new number for some reason. I'm surprised that the priest didn't do house calls to bless the new technology...

we had one earlier than many neighbours so would have a steady stream of them dropping in to make a call

I used to spend a lot of my time answering calls for neighbours and being told to go and get them to take the call. Don't remember ever getting any money as a tip for doing the good deed which at that time kids looked forward to:p

I used to spend a lot of my time answering calls for neighbours and being told to go and get them to take the call. Don't remember ever getting any money as a tip for doing the good deed which at that time kids looked forward to:p
Sounds like that early scene in Goodfellas. ;)

I remember my parents getting a cream coloured telephone, sitting on the table in the hall.

Back