Things that drive you nuts!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back on thread -

Another thing that really annoys me is when a group of people on the way home from the pub decide to stop right outside your house for a 20 minute goodbye chat at 1.30am. :(

Back on thread -

Another thing that really annoys me is when a group of people on the way home from the pub decide to stop right outside your house for a 20 minute goodbye chat at 1.30am. :(

I get that as well!

Unrealistic times - drives me nuts when I ask somebody how far aware are you? just happened with a courier and he says i'm 15 mins from you now, an hour and a half later & no sign. It must be garmyns giving people unrealistic expectations. :mad:

"how far aware are you?"

I love it!

I never knew that sat nav could tell people they were like so unaware of how their actions/behaviour/attitude could impact on the people around.

I'm kidding. ;)

mf

How about when you have a tradesman or a delivery arranged and they promise to ring an hour before they arrive!

They call you when they are at the front door asking if you are at home. Of course I am not I am in work earning money so I can pay you to fix my fridge cooker etc etc!!!!!!!!!!!

Couples on buses kissing and hugging and staring into each others eyes. You don't look romantic, you look cringey.

P&C spaces right up at the door of the supermarket.

Looks like he is off to jail for 3 months today!
His son and nephew are off to jail and they're hoping Sean Snr will lead them to the hidden €500m.

Is it worth going to jail for 3 months to hold on to €500m? Will be interesting to see what the final outcome is.

No. There was no point. There was a man there for 17 hours with a continuously expanding head due to some allergic reaction and apparently he had had the problem before and knew he needed some particular shot but he was getting nowhere despite a bit of prolonged scene causing by him and his pals. He left too without medical treatment.

There was also a man who came in at the same time as my father in law with a suspected heart attack and despite the fact that he had a history of heart problems he hadnt been seen after 7 hours either. Im genuinely not sure there were any doctors there at all. There were no more than 8 or 9 people waiting to be seen in the waiting room, but according to father in law the inside of A&E was just people on trolleys waiting on beds.

After 7 hours my father in law was really upset and hadnt had any sleep and with his health history it was probably safer to take him away so he could rest properly, so we brought him home, put him to bed and brought him to his own GP later that afternoon to get checked over.

They wanted him to sign a disclaimer stating he had refused medical treatment and left of his own accord so he crossed out 'refused medical treatment' wrote across it that he hadnt been offered any medical treatment in 7 hours so he was leaving.
Sounds like a dreadful situation for all of you. Did he see a triage nurse at any time during his stay?

Six years ago, from my experience in A & E I could have written a near identical post to that of Truthseeker. Unfortunately, six years later it appears things have not improved in A & E.

When will this A & E nightmare scenario end?

When will this A & E nightmare scenario end?

Its dreadful, my father in law will not call an ambulance now if something happens because his experiences of A&E are so bad.

A few weeks before the 7 hour ordeal he spent 20 hours in James A&E - in fairness he saw a doctor within a couple of hours and the rest of it was tests etc but he needed physio for his back after it from being left on a hard chair for 20 hours.

Did a see a triage nurse during his 7 hours in Vincents A&E?

Im not entirely sure how this bit worked, we werent allowed into the back of A&E and he went in by ambulance, and is a bit confused himself by it all. I dont know if he was triaged by the ambulance people or a nurse. He did say that he began to tell the ambulance men his medical history (which is extensive and complex to say the least) and they told him if needs be his charts could be requested from a different hospital. He then asked 'a nurse' (but dont know if it was a triage nurse) about getting his charts requested and she told him that they could. 7 hours later he asked someone else and she said that only a doctor could do that and as he hadnt seen a doctor......

Its irrelevant anyway, a triage nurse only prioritises cases based on urgency. If there are no doctors around anyway then its a bit pointless eh?

People who leave dogs barking out in the garden at all hours of the night or really early in the morning.

Also people who think a sunny Sunday afternoon is an ideal time to play really loud music with all the windows open, or to light a bonfire and cover the area in smoke. :(

House alarms that go off everynight at bed time and at 8.30am on a Sunday morning!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back