Things that drive you nuts!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Off licenses closing at 10pm

I know, I know...they are open all day but some people are a bit last minute

What purpose does it serve anyway?

Nothing but an attempt to keep the publicans happy

People throwing chilli into every dish nowadays as casually as if it was salt or pepper. I am fed up buying prepared dishes in butchers shops, labeled as 'chicken with a tomato and cheese stuffing in a red wine sauce' or 'meatballs in a tomato and basil sauce' or whatever and discovering, too late, that they are full of chilli and I can't eat them. If chilli is included in something, say it on the label. Lots of people cannot eat chilli without being in agony afterwards.

People who sit on the outside bus seat so you have to squeeze into the window seat

Bus seats that are too small for anyone over 6'. So that the only way you can sit comfortably is with your legs twisted out in the ailse.

People who glare at you when you wont move in.

People who try and push you into the window seat.

In general .. public transport

Including,

- people with poor quality headphones
- people putting their bag on the seat beside them and then looking aggrieved when asked to move it
- people stepping on to the carriage while others are still trying to get off
- copies of that morning's METRO, thrown on the floor, at evening rush-hour
- secondary school kids with bags casually tossed in the aisle where people have to stand
- secondary school kids for whom the idea of offering up their seat is an alien concept

Also:

- People who don't have their fare or ticket ready when they get on the bus

- People who sit behind you shouting into mobile phones at the top of their voice

- People who have just run for the bus, get on all red and gasping and proceed to slam open several windows to cool down, blowing everyone else out of it

- People who leave burger wrappers, banana skins and empty coke cans on the seat after them.

So glad my current job has car parking!

Bus seats that are too small for anyone over 6'. So that the only way you can sit comfortably is with your legs twisted out in the ailse.

People who glare at you when you wont move in.

People who try and push you into the window seat.

Particularly true of Ryanair

People throwing chilli into every dish nowadays as casually as if it was salt or pepper. I am fed up buying prepared dishes in butchers shops, labeled as 'chicken with a tomato and cheese stuffing in a red wine sauce' or 'meatballs in a tomato and basil sauce' or whatever and discovering, too late, that they are full of chilli and I can't eat them. If chilli is included in something, say it on the label. Lots of people cannot eat chilli without being in agony afterwards.

I would never buy a prepared dish in a butcher shop - unless I really trusted the butchers.
I dont like not knowing what ingredients are in the mix.
Sometimes sauces are used to coat slightly 'older' or less good quality cuts of meat to get rid of them.

It drives me nuts when I splash out on a free range chicken for sunday dinner and my FIL tastes it, chews and says 'grand bit of pork' ;)

Someone reading a book while walking along the street. It puzzles me more than annoys me really.

Email.

People putting stupid titles like query or HR in the subject box. When I try and sort under the title I have 100's with the same title. They may as well just call the email 'email'.

Worse again is no title at all.

People cc ing the world and his mother. I get 20 - 50 emails a day and at least half could go.

People expecting instant replies because it's an email.

People emailing to tell us the fax machine isn't working and 30 minutes later telling us it's working working again. Who cares and how many faxes do you get anyway. Sure it's all email now.

Did I say email.

When you send me 15 emails and put top urgent on all of them it kind of defeats the purpose
They all get treated the same ;)

And what's with the attention seeking!!!!!!!! Is there a need for it?????? One is enough!!!!!!
I look at that and think drama queen

As for teammates who sit beside me and send me emails about lunch and coffee
Instead of clogging up my inbox why not talk to me? You know, like a normal person
You are right beside me

People who use the term 'team' when talking about work colleagues... since when did we become a team?? This drives me crazy!!

Where I work it has always been Section A or Section B... Now its Team A and Team B and Team meeting... And following the embargo on recruitment and a ban on promotions and pay puts in the Public Sector, the truth is we are further than ever away from the idea of what a team means.

(not referring to micmclo specifically)

Work colleague sounds awful formal, I'd never say someone is a colleague
They're a teammate, far more relaxed :)

Maybe the public service is a bit more formal, after all you have all these officer grades and demaracations set out

People who use the term 'team' when talking about work colleagues... since when did we become a team?? This drives me crazy!!

Where I work it has always been Section A or Section B... Now its Team A and Team B and Team meeting... And following the embargo on recruitment and a ban on promotions and pay puts in the Public Sector, the truth is we are further than ever away from the idea of what a team means.

(not referring to micmclo specifically)

Also 'Teams' that are full of 'me me me' types who are only interested in showing off and covering themselves in glory and couldn't care less if the team sinks or swims.

Also 'Teams' that are full of 'me me me' types who are only interested in showing off and covering themselves in glory and couldn't care less if the team sinks or swims.

You bet on Portugal for EURO 2012 didn't you?

;)

People who use the term 'team' when talking about work colleagues

Not sure if I've already posted this, but ..

Staff in restaurants who refer to the table as "Well guys, what are we having today ?".

Eh, are you eating with us ? Who invited you to join our company ?

Winding new born baby drives me nuts... 3am... sitting rubbing baby back waiting for that very important burp so u can get back to sleep !!!

Going in to a restaurant and seeing on the menu that steak or fish or lamb or practically everything is marked with an asterisk that indicates this item is €4 extra, €6 extra etc. If an item on the menu is priced at €24* but you have to add €6 to the price then the item is not €24 it's €30. Why not advertise it at €30.

This one has surfaced in work today; People who have a bit of information, but don't grasp the full concept. These are a dangerous breed, symptoms of dealing with theses people include wanting to smash the computer to save reading the rest of the email.

Also Email. It was once a useful tool, it is now its is used:
1. To try to hang colleagues out to dry whilst not having the conhones to deal with them face to face.
2. By the brown nose brigade to CC everyone they can ,not necessarily related to the project but hey they might like to feel involved.
3. As a "Cover-yer-This post will be deleted if not edited to remove bad language" tool. That is why my inbox gets filled by chit-chat messages between two people who sit two yards apart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back