Things that drive you nuts!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there really anything wrong with that?

Are you serious?

Why should neighbours sitting in their garden have to listen to your taste in music blasting out all over the place? Either close the windows, turn the volume down, or use ear plugs.

Gawd out with the fun police Purple! Thank God I no longer live in an estate for fear that playing music during a sunny Sunday afternoon might offend someone! Someone should tell those nasty musicians to stop holding concerts within an asses roar of civilisation too!

Actually, another thing that really annoys me is people who excuse their rude, selfish and anti social behaviour by claiming that the people who object to it are 'party poopers' or 'kill joys' or 'noise police' or whatever, implying that they themselves are great fun and the life and soul of the party, when they're actually just annoying and bad mannered.

I assume that other people are also 'thanking God' that you no longer live in your former estate, with that attitude.

Get over yourself liaconn! So if I'm holding a party out the back of my house during a Sunday afternoon you think I should have everyone going around quietly for fear of what the neighbours might think? If I wanted to have some music playing out the back I would see no problem with that!

Maybe you should get over yourself, as you seem to think consideration for the neighbours doesn't matter and it's all about YOU. If you're having a party you should inform the neighbours, preferably invite them to pop in for a drink, and keep the music at a reasonable level.

In any event I was talking about people just playing loud music with the windows wide open, not someone having a one off party.

Or maybe to flip that you seem to think that it's all about YOU as you don't care what reason the neighbour might have for playing music! How do you know it's not a one off party? Anyway, enough, I've better things to be doing than arguing about a situation I'm not even involved in!

I am talking about the situation where someone is sitting out in their garden or in their sitting room on a sunny afternoon with the windows of the house wide open and the stereo going full blast, with loud music blaring out over half the estate. If you cannot see how inconsiderate and annoying that is, then no point in arguing with you. I will leave that to any unfortunate neighbours you may have in the future.

I never thought I'd say this, but I agree with liaconn here.

I'm all for people enjoying the good weather etc but why do some people think that they should spend 4-5 hours blaring the latest dance tunes out in their garden for all 30 houses within a 50-yard radius of them to have to put up with it as well.

Surely it's not too difficult for people to have a bit of consideration for their neighbours and at least keep the music down to a level where people living next door can at least have a conversation with each other without having to shout

Funny enough if liaconn had said right at the start that it was where music was blasted out over half the estate I might have agreed as well! But it was phrased as "play really loud music" on a sunny Sunday afternoon which I thought wasn't so bad - plenty of Sunday afternoons I would have played music out the back of the house but my idea of really loud would have meant only the neighbours immediately either side of me would have heard it if they were out the back as well (but not if they were indoors) so I guess one persons idea of really loud is different from anothers!

... plenty of Sunday afternoons I would have played music out the back of the house but my idea of really loud would have meant only the neighbours immediately either side of me would have heard it if they were out the back as well (but not if they were indoors) so I guess one persons idea of really loud is different from anothers!

I would have issue with this if I was your neighbour. What makes you think I want to listen to your music tastes as I sit in my garden on a Sunday afternoon ??

I dont want to listen to my neighbours music, loud, not too loud, out the back, through open windows etc... I dont want to hear it at all!

Why would I? If I want to listen to music I put my headphones in and bop around to whats on my ipod and dont bother anyone else.

I would have issue with this if I was your neighbour. What makes you think I want to listen to your music tastes as I sit in my garden on a Sunday afternoon ??

Because obviously I'm just a selfish, rude, inconsiderate old codger who doesn't realise that soundwaves cross over fences between back gardens and might be heard by others!! But don't worry gianni you won't need to fear that my selfishness might impede on your enjoyment of your back garden on a Sunday afternoon because the only poor sods likely to be affected by my selfish behaviour are the cows in the fields around - although I might need to check with the farmer now that you mention it in case it's affecting their output! Mind how you go now.

Because obviously I'm just a selfish, rude, inconsiderate old codger who doesn't realise that soundwaves cross over fences between back gardens and might be heard by others!! But don't worry gianni you won't need to fear that my selfishness might impede on your enjoyment of your back garden on a Sunday afternoon because the only poor sods likely to be affected by my selfish behaviour are the cows in the fields around - although I might need to check with the farmer now that you mention it in case it's affecting their output! Mind how you go now.

Glad to hear it.

Isolated living is probably the best solution in some cases.

Its irrelevant anyway, a triage nurse only prioritises cases based on urgency. If there are no doctors around anyway then its a bit pointless eh?

It's very relevant. There are doctors in A&E depts, funnily enough. If he saw a triage nurse, who assessed him as being of low urgency, that would explain why he was at the back of the queue for seeing a doctor.

It's very relevant. There are doctors in A&E depts, funnily enough. If he saw a triage nurse, who assessed him as being of low urgency, that would explain why he was at the back of the queue for seeing a doctor.

Funny how he was there was 7 hours and saw no doctor even though he was in a corridor and could see everything. When I say 'saw' I mean, he did not have a visual experience whereby he saw a doctor passing by and attending to anyone else.

I wonder how your triage explanation worked for the man with the suspected heart attack?

Even at lowest urgency (which believe me, with what was wrong with him and his medical history would not have been the case) 7 hours is still totally unacceptable not to even be assessed by a doctor. Or do I just expect too much. What about the guy who was still waiting after 17 hours for a shot to take down his continuously expanding head? He left at 8am because his growing head was just getting worse and still no medical attention.

Funny how he was there was 7 hours and saw no doctor even though he was in a corridor and could see everything. When I say 'saw' I mean, he did not have a visual experience whereby he saw a doctor passing by and attending to anyone else.

I wonder how your triage explanation worked for the man with the suspected heart attack?

Even at lowest urgency (which believe me, with what was wrong with him and his medical history would not have been the case) 7 hours is still totally unacceptable not to even be assessed by a doctor. Or do I just expect too much. What about the guy who was still waiting after 17 hours for a shot to take down his continuously expanding head? He left at 8am because his growing head was just getting worse and still no medical attention.

I was sorry to hear about your FIL. My own Dad is elderly and has had to go to A&E a few times over the years, it is very stressful and tiring on him and us and we have to try and keep him 'up'. My Dad goes to bed between 10 and 11pm, after that he's tired and having him sit in a waiting room when you know he's worried about why he's there in the first place just adds more stress. For the most part, our experiences have been good, long and hard but nothing like what you describe.

I do wonder if the fact that it becomes known I work in HR has a bearing on we're treated (some staff know me and then my mother tells the rest of them). I don't like to think that's the reason because it's not how I work.

Truthseeker, was it Monday the 9th July? That was the change over day for junior doctors this year and I would rather take my chances on the side of the road then go to A&E on the July change over day.

Honestly, if he was seriously ill, how could have managed to keep a vigilant watch out for doctors? How could he distinguish between doctors, nurses, radiographers, given that they all wear scrubs? Maybe the doctors were all working with patients in cubicles instead of roaming corridors. It is not credible to suggest that any A&E unit did not have doctors present for a 7 hour period.
Even at lowest urgency (which believe me, with what was wrong with him and his medical history would not have been the case) 7 hours is still totally unacceptable not to even be assessed by a doctor. Or do I just expect too much
7 hours is indeed too long, though it all depends on what else was happening in the hospital at the same time. If they had a mad busy rush of critical care patients over that seven hours, then less serious patients do have to wait. Why don't you contact the hospital or the HSE and enquire about their target service levels?

What about the guy who was still waiting after 17 hours for a shot to take down his continuously expanding head? He left at 8am because his growing head was just getting worse and still no medical attention.
I'd ask the same question - when did he see a triage nurse and what was the triage assessment.

Glad to hear it.

Isolated living is probably the best solution in some cases.

I agree, and I think yourself and Liaconn would be perfect for isolation given the fact that noise coming from outside in an estate bothers you. Is playing music worse than lawn mowers, strimmers, drilling etc?

And Truthseeker, while your consideration for others is admirable, I don't see how it is necessary to wear headphones if you want to listen to music.

I know it is a thread about complaints, but some people seem to have a problem with nearly every aspect of interaction with others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back