Sit In at the Passport Office

Phew, the AAM Circle of Life is back on track.

Personally I think the WTR is a good thing so we could get back to Them V Us, we were running out of things to talk about for a while there.

Complainer already beat the odds on mentioning bankers and property developers way earlier than the bookies had in mind, but bets are being taken the following:

1. Use of FAS as an example of PS/CS wastage before the end of page 3
2. Use of "I've taken a pay cut of X, so you should take a pay cut of Y" before end of page 4.
3. Reference to ERSI report by either side
4. Subsequent rubbishing of ERSI report by opposite side.
5. Counter use ERSI with reference to OECD report...and subsequent rubbishing.
6. Asking for a specific example by either side, but then rejecting the example provided
7. Blaming Bertie.

Bertie and FF are to blame. I thought that was pretty much accepted fact at this stage.

Personally I think the WTR is a good thing so we could get back to Them V Us, we were running out of things to talk about for a while there.

Complainer already beat the odds on mentioning bankers and property developers way earlier than the bookies had in mind, but bets are being taken the following:

2. Use of "I've taken a pay cut of X, so you should take a pay cut of Y" before end of page 4.
6. Asking for a specific example by either side, but then rejecting the example provided
7. Blaming Bertie.
Excellent.

I'll look forward to it and hearing about your assessment of Paddy in his roles as financial regulator, corporate law enforcer and champion of truth, justice, fairness, transparency, dispenser of passports and monitor of minimum wages.
No chance of you giving just one example of any public sector union official claiming that the public sector is self-sufficient or self-financing to back up your earlier claims, then?

7. Blaming Bertie.

Yeah, it does look like we are returning to the good old days!! Still tiresome!

I agree with the latter part of your point. I was just making the point that 100% of civil servants had taken two pay cuts.
that would be because they all work for the same broke (in more ways than one) employer

7. Blaming Bertie.

Good one...just need an election now to give us something else to discuss.

Meanwhile, back on topic, a simple solution would be to pay extra to a couple of managers so that they fast track training for new employees. Then sack the old ones, and let the new (lower paid) employees take over. A condition of employment would be that they aren't in a union.

Even better, privatise issuing of passports.

It's an utter disgrace, and the government need to deal with this now.

Meanwhile, back on topic, a simple solution would be to pay extra to a couple of managers so that they fast track training for new employees. Then sack the old ones, and let the new (lower paid) employees take over. A condition of employment would be that they aren't in a union.

And using this solution, how long do you reckon before a full strike starts?

You've obviously never heard of Employment Rights, the Unfair Dismissals Act or the Employment Appeals Tribunal.

You've obviously never heard of Employment Rights, the Unfair Dismissals Act or the Employment Appeals Tribunal.

That's where his system is beautiful in it's simplicity, the EAT and Labour Courts would be first against the wall.

Well, 'simplicity' certainly comes to mind.

This isn't the "can do attitude" we need right now. I think it's an idea that's could just win Your Country, Your Call. Well runner up to my idea of using the E-voting Machines to issue passports, give driving tests, appear as witnesses in Court Cases, write ministerial responses for the Dail, review radiological tests results and direct Air Traffic.

On the upside, the sheer weight of the IT system failure would generate an additional 200,000 jobs in that sector and we can open a brand new call centre (in Hanger 6) with High Grade Technical Jobs for a 1000 people given the amount of queries it will generate.

Public/Civil sector reform sorted and the unemployment numbers halved at the stroke of a pen or pressing of a button.

This isn't the "can do attitude" we need right now. I think it's an idea that's could just win Your Country, Your Call. Well runner up to my idea of using the E-voting Machines to issue passports, give driving tests, appear as witnesses in Court Cases, write ministerial responses for the Dail, review radiological tests results and direct Air Traffic.

On the upside, the sheer weight of the IT system failure would generate an additional 200,000 jobs in that sector and we can open a brand new call centre (in Hanger 6) with High Grade Technical Jobs for a 1000 people given the amount of queries it will generate.

Public/Civil sector reform sorted and the unemployment numbers halved at the stroke of a pen or pressing of a button.

But what if the E-Voting machines turn on us? Remember Terminator.

Back