Pregnant girl looking for abortion money

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mods hasn't this post veered slightly off the topic of the Ops opening post? ie was the guy being scammed and hadn't the Op effectively drawn a line under it with their last post?

I don't think that there is reason for bringing mods into it and if anything the issue does lie deep in the ops original question because the issue of abortion is at the core of it.

So bloody patronising! - I think you are grossly misunderstanding the trauma that carrying a child to full term and then giving it away could have. Not to mention the severe pain that children of drug addicts/alcoholics are born with, all going through withdrawals and having after effects for the rest of their lives.

For the record, I am pro choice and if abortion is to be carried out I believe it should only be carried out at an early stage I don't agree with eight months or anything like it!. The first trimester would be my own personal limit.

with regards the point that keeps popping up about the life that the child will be born into, I'm sure some of the most gifted, creative, and brightest people have come from such terrible beginnings to flourish in later life and vice versa so i don't believe that this element belongs in an abortion debate, but (disclaimer) obviously its only my own opinion.

I don't think that there is reason for bringing mods into it and if anything the issue does lie deep in the ops original question because the issue of abortion is at the core of it.

He he feel like somebody just told the teacher on us because we were fighting :D

Well maybe Malta has tighter abortion laws than Ireland. Germany, France, Italy, Poland and others have various restrictions.

See here.

OK I forgot about Malta but I think you are understating Ireland's position.

Essentially, in Western mainland Europe, abortion is completely legal and freely available in all but and handful of countries: Spain, Poland, Germany, Finland and Ireland - and Ireland has the most restrictions.

As has been mentioned, Germany is an unusual case.

Spain and Poland are conservative countries that are strongly influenced by the catholic church so no surprises there.

Finland's stance is actually not that far from practical legality.

You mentioned France and Italy? whilst obviously conditions as to length of pregnancy etc vary, abortion is legal and available in these countries.

with regards the point that keeps popping up about the life that the child will be born into, I'm sure some of the most gifted, creative, and brightest people have come from such terrible beginnings to flourish in later life and vice versa so i don't believe that this element belongs in an abortion debate, but (disclaimer) obviously its only my own opinion.

Just as I am sure that they have had terrible early lives having been born into a situation out of their control - it's not all disney happy endings for a lot of kids, particularly those who were never wanted in the first place!.

Anyway I've made my views clear - I think we all need to be a little more tolerant and recognize that not everybody out there aborts a child because they can!. There's a whole other world out there and there's a whole bunch of people who are in horrible situations, situations which we couldn't even begin to understand. The zealots on this thread should try to recognize that.

The zealots on this thread should try to recognize that.

I dont know if the zealots are all that zealous though. There seems to be a grey area around abortion in cases of rape, sexual abuse or incest. This would indicate to me that they think the unborn baby has the right to life - sometimes. Other times its ok to abort it.

I have been accused directly and indirectly of looking for a row, trolling, being a religious nutbar and being a lunatic so far in this thread :).
There's a whole other world out there and there's a whole bunch of people who are in horrible situations, situations which we couldn't even begin to understand. The zealots on this thread should try to recognize that.
I dont know if the zealots are all that zealous though. There seems to be a grey area around abortion in cases of rape, sexual abuse or incest. This would indicate to me that they think the unborn baby has the right to life - sometimes. Other times its ok to abort it.
I'm gonna assume that I'm included in 'zealots' above and add that to the list of accolades I've collected in this thread. Just to be clear, I'm apposed to abortion in all cases (and I'm sure there's nothing in my posts to suggest otherwise).

The grey area for me is that we have a right to create life and having sex obviously has a risk of doing just that, but if someone violates your rights i.e rapes you then you are not a willing party in the creation of life so you have a right to opt out as it were.

The grey area for me is that we have a right to create life and having sex obviously has a risk of doing just that, but if someone violates your rights i.e rapes you then you are not a willing party in the creation of life so you have a right to opt out as it were.

Thats true. Also in some cases people take all the proper precautions - so they did not try to create life, but the condom burst, the pill failed (or whatever method was being used failed for some reason). In this case the woman is not a willing party in the creation of life either.

I'm gonna assume that I'm included in 'zealots' above and add that to the list of accolades I've collected in this thread. Just to be clear, I'm apposed to abortion in all cases (and I'm sure there's nothing in my posts to suggest otherwise).

In all cases? In the case of an 11 year old girl raped by a family member and ends up pregnant as a result? (I realise this is an extreme example - just wondering about your thoughts on it - and what do you think is the correct way to proceed in this situation?)

Thats true. Also in some cases people take all the proper precautions - so they did not try to create life, but the condom burst, the pill failed (or whatever method was being used failed for some reason). In this case the woman is not a willing party in the creation of life either.

I kind of agree but another part of me says that the condom is a precaution and known to not be 100% safe so you are still entering a risky situation. (I really hope I'm not jinxing myself here).

I kind of agree but another part of me says that the condom is a precaution and known to not be 100% safe so you are still entering a risky situation. (I really hope I'm not jinxing myself here).

So does that mean that anyone who engages in activity that may lead to pregnancy - whether or not they willingly intended to create life - should just suck it up and take the consequences?

Fetus is simply the term for an unborn child from eight weeks until birth. It's linguistic semantics; people are more comfortable with 'abort the fetus' than with 'kill the unborn'; somewhat similar to the military using 'collateral damage' to describe 'civilian deaths'.

Speaking of semantics, what does 'unborn' mean anyway? I'm alive and breathing - does that mean I'm 'undead'.

In all cases? In the case of an 11 year old girl raped by a family member and ends up pregnant as a result? (I realise this is an extreme example - just wondering about your thoughts on it - and what do you think is the correct way to proceed in this situation?)
Yes. All cases. I view things the other way round, which simplifies the issues for me (some might view this as indulgent), in that I do not believe the right to life of the unborn should be predicated on how conception transpired. Hard cases make bad laws.

I'm apposed to abortion in all cases (and I'm sure there's nothing in my posts to suggest otherwise).

Can I assume from your name that you are a Man? - if so perhaps you also underestimate the mental trauma that having an unwanted child could have - i.e carrying it for nine months, bonding then giving birth and giving it away!. (Oh god, here I fear I have opened a big ass can of worms!) And before all the men jump down my throat - I do think that a woman has a greater insight into this as she is the one who potentially carries the child.

Yes. All cases. I view things the other way round, which simplifies the issues for me (some might view this as indulgent), in that I do not believe the right to life of the unborn should be predicated on how conception transpired. Hard cases make bad laws.

Any thoughts on the resultant effect that this would have on the 11 year old girl in this instance?

So does that mean that anyone who engages in activity that may lead to pregnancy - whether or not they willingly intended to create life - should just suck it up and take the consequences?

Thats the thing, if you willingly have sex then you are doing so for the enjoyment if not procreation and if you happen to end up pregnant anyway then you should have been aware of this possibility in the first place. Pregnancy is a real possibility if you have sex, thats not a shock.

Thats the thing, if you willingly have sex then you are doing so for the enjoyment if not procreation and if you happen to end up pregnant anyway then you should have been aware of this possibility in the first place. Pregnancy is a real possibility if you have sex, thats not a shock.

I agree - but surely sex is a basic human function that people should not be punished for partaking in, if they were responsible consenting adults who took all proper precautions to avoid an unwanted pregnancy but there was some failure along the way that was no ones fault?

AS someone else said, he should call to her house with a pregnancy test and the €700 euro. Tell her to do the test while he waits, and if it proves positive (and she shows it to him) he should give her the money. It would be a lot better than bringing an unwanted child in to the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back