New Houses in Diswellstown Castleknock

Did anyone in dm have to get their doors trimmed before/after putting down carpet and if so did you use someone on site to do it?
We had a flooring company measure up last week. The guy said doors are put in to fire safety standards not to what works with carpet/tile/wood (makes sense as floorings are a different thickness and you don't want a gap). Most flooring companies will do this (but charge for it)

Really struggling to find a company to supply blinds. Can anyone recommend? Any help much appreciated!!

Clonsilla blinds in Coolmine industrial estate are close by and not too pricey we found.

Same - went with Clonsilla Blinds on family recommendation. They were good although the selection was pretty small and they were not cheap. When in hickeys a few months later we regretted not getting the fabrics there based off their larger choices

I'd recommend ACME blinds. They have shops in Swords and Walkinstown but they will come to your home and do measurements / show samples etc. I always feel with Clonsilla Blinds that they feel they have the D15 market cornered and don't make too much of an effort. ACME are no dearer and the blinds are made in Cork/ they are a national chain. I also think they are higher quality.

I found Signature Blinds (based in Ballycoolin, D15) very good. Great selection of modern blinds and well priced too. We had a few different companies out to measure up and I found that Signature Blinds had the best range. They have done quite a few of the blinds in HP / DM.

Thanks for all the posts on this thread they have been very helpful. Just wondering if anyone had problems getting the kitchen stuff (fridge, dishwasher etc). We were told if we signed the contract within 28 days in DM that they would be included but there is nothing in the contract that the builders solicitor sent out.

Just came across this in the planning application for Diswellstown Manor. I'm nearly sure it refers to the entrance at The Beeches there? Looks like it will be closed at night

[broken link removed]

Thanks for all the posts on this thread they have been very helpful. Just wondering if anyone had problems getting the kitchen stuff (fridge, dishwasher etc). We were told if we signed the contract within 28 days in DM that they would be included but there is nothing in the contract that the builders solicitor sent out.

I had this concern too when receiving contracts...mainly that it didn't mention the Heat Recovery system which i thought would be expensive if it wasnt included. For this reason i delayed a while to get confirmation it was included but the contract wasnt updated. Sure enough all white goods and the heat recovery system itself were there upon moving in so my caution wasnt needed.

Something funny enough was that the contract did mention washer & dryer which the agents were saying in the viewings were not actually included even though they were in the viewing documents/booklet. We didnt push for them though as we already had our own. Also the process was so strenuous and delayed I just wanted the purchase finalised. (dont get me started on those delays or Hooke & McD muppets)

Alesto. Its stamped 2013 so its now superseded I assume

Saw that alright but nearly all documents in that file are from 2013. This was a response to questions the council had before granting planning permission. I can't see anything in the file where it could be superseded but open to correction.

This gets a mention in the planning app, dated 11 Oct 2013. Says it will be opened during the day and controlled by a management company, and closed at night. But I would take that to mean you can still get in if you live there, you just might need a code, or to buzz someone somewhere watching on a camera, and verify you do live there? A bit unusual, and adding to your management fee, but not a big deal either? Probably means more to folk living in the Beeches, as it means less traffic there at night, if only DM folk can get in and through anyway? A question to anyone who has moved into Adam? Any M50 issues, either noise or fumes, especially on the eastern part of the site? And is it very visible from those back gardens on the eastern boundary of the site? Thank you.

Could anymore recommend a flooring company for laminate floors and carpets? I've had hamptons out but not sure about them at all. Thanks.

Could anymore recommend a flooring company for laminate floors and carpets? I've had hamptons out but not sure about them at all. Thanks.

dohertyflooring.ie

These guys were very good for Carpet especially and do flooring too.

Otherwise Canadia flooring and TC Carpets both good for each.

Just an update on the gate between DM and HP; HP have submitted updated information to the coco on a number of items, among which one of them was about the gate. They have submitted a letter from the receiver responsible for DM giving blessing for opening it on their side and HP have said they will open it once the phase 2 is finished development. So looks like it will be open, albeit probably not until 2018/19...

Also, they are implying that the overlook from the proposed apartment block will not be much of a problem for DM; the orientation of the block means it's the 'end' of the block that will be facing DM and they are adding some extra balcony 'end-plates' to further obscure the overlook.

I wonder if it's too late to object to these apartments? 4 stores seems too high for the area, all other apartment blocks around are 3 stores as far as I know? (Woodbrook, BP, Fernleigh?)

Back