New Houses in Diswellstown Castleknock

I wonder if it's too late to object to these apartments? 4 stores seems too high for the area, all other apartment blocks around are 3 stores as far as I know? (Woodbrook, BP, Fernleigh?)

According to the online plan, I think it's too late - "The submission/observation period for this application expired on 02-Aug-2016"

Just an update on the gate between DM and HP; HP have submitted updated information to the coco on a number of items, among which one of them was about the gate. They have submitted a letter from the receiver responsible for DM giving blessing for opening it on their side and HP have said they will open it once the phase 2 is finished development. So looks like it will be open, albeit probably not until 2018/19...

Also, they are implying that the overlook from the proposed apartment block will not be much of a problem for DM; the orientation of the block means it's the 'end' of the block that will be facing DM and they are adding some extra balcony 'end-plates' to further obscure the overlook.

Super thanks for the update

I may have missed this being mentioned but where specifically will there be Apartments?
Is it along where the 'Proposed Pedestrian Accesses' are?

Im curious on 2 other things people may know here:
a) Will there be any entrance to HP from Porterstown Road between the entrance to DM and the M50 bridge?
b) Behind houses No. 1-18 in DM, will there be apartments or houses?

[broken link removed]

Have put my understanding in beside your questions below.

I may have missed this being mentioned but where specifically will there be Apartments?
Is it along where the 'Proposed Pedestrian Accesses' are? Yes - Although only the one beside houses 36 and 37 is going ahead

Im curious on 2 other things people may know here:
a) Will there be any entrance to HP from Porterstown Road between the entrance to DM and the M50 bridge? No I don't think so
b) Behind houses No. 1-18 in DM, will there be apartments or houses? Houses

[broken link removed]

Just to add my understanding is 3 rows of HP houses between nos 1-18 DM and M50 boundary , emergency road access only between DM entrance and M50 (not sure about this), seems there will be access on HP side of gate to DM beside houses 36 /37 eventually but I imagine up to DM residents whether this gate is opened or not, and if opened with or without open access (ie keypad etc), at the moment 4 storey apartment block side on to houses 36-37 but set back a small bit

I wonder if these apartments will definitely be built as part of the Phase 2 development - is there really a demand for apartments in Dublin 15. I would have thought houses were more in demand? It might depend on how the Phase 1 apartments sell. Does anyone have a sense of how well other apartments in D15 are selling?

I wonder if these apartments will definitely be built as part of the Phase 2 development - is there really a demand for apartments in Dublin 15. I would have thought houses were more in demand? It might depend on how the Phase 1 apartments sell. Does anyone have a sense of how well other apartments in D15 are selling?

There are queues to join queues to view to rooms to rent these days. D15 is not that far from the city centre and is well served by bus and train. Not everyone has the 400k+ for a house and apartments are at least attainable for people or couples on single incomes. So I don't see how they wouldn't be in demand...but I'm not that well informed on the subject.

Either way, I think it makes more sense for the developer to apply for permission for the apartments now. It will be a lot easier to change the planning application from 50 apartments to 8 houses if the market tanks, as opposed to changing it from 8 houses to 50 apartments.

Guys,

I am seeking opinions on reputable professionals to conduct a snag on the 4 Bed "Fairways" type house. This has been discussed once or twice previously on this forum but I was wondering if anybody has further contributions to make based on recent experience?

Appreciate it.

Guys,

I am seeking opinions on reputable professionals to conduct a snag on the 4 Bed "Fairways" type house. This has been discussed once or twice previously on this forum but I was wondering if anybody has further contributions to make based on recent experience?

Appreciate it.

These guys did ours:

mcgovernobrien.ie

Same - 4 bed Fairways.
They were very thorough!

Only things missed/discovered after a few weeks in the house was there was a creak in floorboard on stairs and 1 in a bedroom (not a big deal but worth catching in snag and fixing with a few nails BEFORE the carpet goes down)
Other than that a leak from the main Bath - this identified a gap the builders realised they needed silicone in all the houses so might not be an issue any longer.

We went with Hanna Loughnane from Five Seven architects based on prior recommendation on this forum.
Very happy to recommend and charges a fair price. Professional accreditation's in place and found report's were comprehensive and timely.
Contact No is 086 8569530

Guys, I wonder did the snag inspections by these professionals verify the function, fit and finish of the technical & structural features of the house? or is that somewhat outside the scope of the snag?

I have read a few sample reports from various sources and they appear to be kinda superficial in nature, a lot of observations on scratches/splashes etc etc. How can a homeowner verify that the technical detail of the plumbing / electrical / media / recovery systems are correct?

Thanks for the recommendations & insights.

Guys, I wonder did the snag inspections by these professionals verify the function, fit and finish of the technical & structural features of the house? or is that somewhat outside the scope of the snag?

I have read a few sample reports from various sources and they appear to be kinda superficial in nature, a lot of observations on scratches/splashes etc etc. How can a homeowner verify that the technical detail of the plumbing / electrical / media / recovery systems are correct?

Thanks for the recommendations & insights.
Ours checked rads/kitchen appliances/lights/ water harvesting etc and noted if thought anything wasn't fully functional /commissioned at the time etc. but at a reasonably superficial level. The scope/timescale of a snag review is probably too limited to go any further.

In terms of a deeper technical assessment I believe an engineer spends time with you when you get the keys showing how everything in the house works, so if some of the plant isn't working properly I suppose it might show up then and I would expect they'd attend to. But mostly you would probably be relying on the contract clauses vis a vis obligation on developer to fix minor and major defects uncovered within 6 & 18 months respectively post close if you should pick up any issues during that time.

Last edited:
Has anyone who bought in Hamilton park been successful on their land registry application yet?

New phase of Hamilton park released today. €450k for 3 bed v €410k from previous phase, €465 for 4 bed, I presume swift which looks to be north facing garden. Last phase north facing swift was €440k, a €25k increase. Didn't see that increase coming, despite first time buyers grant

New phase of Hamilton park released today. €450k for 3 bed v €410k from previous phase, €465 for 4 bed, I presume swift which looks to be north facing garden. Last phase north facing swift was €440k, a €25k increase. Didn't see that increase coming, despite first time buyers grant

Have they changed the name of thw Swift to Osborne? €450k for a 3bed is some increase in fairness from €390k a year ago. A pure knock on from the FTB grant!!

I would guess the increase on 3 beds is being done in a bid to sell the 4 beds. They've been trying to shift those swifts for ages so now with only 15k difference between 3 and 4 beds houses they should move the last of them.

I would guess the increase on 3 beds is being done in a bid to sell the 4 beds. They've been trying to shift those swifts for ages so now with only 15k difference between 3 and 4 beds houses they should move the last of them.
They had difficulty with swifts at €490k way back but reduced the south facing gardens to €450k then up to €460k for last phase, with north facing at €440k and they all sold well at these price points, hence a €25k increase for north facing Orborne. Only change between the Swift and Osborne looks to be kitchen and dining areas have switched.

They had difficulty with swifts at €490k way back but reduced the south facing gardens to €450k then up to €460k for last phase, with north facing at €440k and they all sold well at these price points, hence a €25k increase for north facing Orborne. Only change between the Swift and Osborne looks to be kitchen and dining areas have switched.

Ok makes sense. Very steep increase on the 3 beds then. Be interesting to see if they get interest at this price and also what our neighbours in DM do in response!

Back