Lucan - opinions?

[broken link removed]

Here is a handy link if you are interested in Lucan schools. It's on our local Green TD's site.

If a moderator feels this is canvassing-feel free to remove it.

When I lived in Lucan South, Archbishop Ryan National School was the school for our Estate too. However, I know most of my neighbours got their children into the Griffeen Educate Together School.

Thanks for that.....where is Balgaddy - is that a bad area?? Would the Educate together school be better??

Balgaddy is the most south-easterly part of what has become known as South Lucan. Sandwiched between Foxborough and Foxdene.
[broken link removed]
It consists of County Council social and affordable housing which won an Irish Architects award in 2004. There are lots more houses planned for the area so might lead to more crowding in the Archbishop Ryan school.
If you send me a private message or maybe MandaC we could give you more information.

Going slightly off topic for a moment, I cant believe that project won an award. It looks absolutely terrible.

Going slightly off topic for a moment, I cant believe that project won an award. It looks absolutely terrible.
Staying off topic for another minute: I loved the development at first. If Picasso was designing houses this is what he would do. I know most of my friends hate it and I had to find the link above to prove to my wife that I wasn't crazy.
The landscaping around it is a joke and completely lets the development down.

Back