Kilbrack grove - Cork

That's madness to have to pay the deposit without an opportunity to view the property! Thanks for all the details on them. I hope it works out for you whatever you decide to do next.

Hi I was offered a property in Kilbrack Grove - Number 27 - it is a 2 bed mid terrace and from the site map they sent me it appears to be backing onto the lane running up to the Blackrock Inn. Market Value is € 245,000- affordable price € 205,000. I had just purchased a property off the county council so I sent back the letter to the city council to advise them of same. So they is one person out of the running. Seems a bit crazy to expect people to send back deposits and solicitor details without ever having seen the property. I got to view my house and then had 7 days to send solicitors details and did not have to send a deposit until everything was finalised and the keys were ready to be given out. Best of luck to everyone going for them, great location, price could be slightly more affordable though.

hi, has anyone accepted and offer on one of these houses, i have been offered no 33 but cannot get any information from the council as to when the viewing of these house's is or when the engineer can go on site to do a snag list!

Hi intermec1, I've been offered one and I got a call last Friday from the council to say the viewing dates are this Wednesday & Thursday. My engineer has to carry out the snag then too. Luckily he was flexible enough to fit me in on such short notice. The council said I'd be getting a letter too but none has arrived yet.

oh thats brilliant, just gave them a call there and the appointments are from 9am to 12pm tommrow and thursday. Fingers crossed my engineer will be as accomodating! what do you make of the properties, have you heard anything more about the build, or if the kitchens are in or any more on them? thanks

I have a 2 bed mid-terrace and I was able to get a copy of the plans from the council. The house itself is teeny-tiny (just under 4m in width for the entire house) and the windows are a bit odd but I don't care. Its the perfect location for me! I don't know about kitchen etc... guess we'll find out tomorrow!

well as you say its the location is perfect for me as well, i got one of the 3 bed ones, so fingers crossed they are ok inside. best of luck tommrow, will post a comment after to let you know how i get on

hi amc lady,

i went to see the house in kilbrack grove today, my engineer wasnt with me but i thought the finish on the houses was good, what did you think? did anyone else go to see them and what were there thoughts. Thanks

Hi intermec1,

I went up today too and brought my engineer who said it was one of the best finishes he’s ever seen. He was struggling to find faults! I was very happily surprised to see that they had fenced the back gardens and laid the lawns as well. But those front and back door colours? What were they thinking?! Hopefully the rest of the process won’t be dragged out for too much longer – I can’t wait to get in!

hi amc lady

that is brilliant to hear, i am going back in the morning with my engineer so will let you know what he says, i was very pleased as well now i must say with the finish and delighted the gardens were fenced off with decent fencing. Couldnt agree more about those doors, but i did check them and it seems they just painted over the brown pvc, so i hope it might come off! oh i do hope the process wont be too lengthy now, cannot wait to get in either.

hi amc lady

went up this morning with my engineer, and much like yours he thought it was one of the best builds he had seen in a while, and like that found it very hard to find fault, they had done everything pretty much to current building regulations, the heating was well installed and a good quality boiler. fingers crossed it wont be a long process now!

That’s great reassurance to hear that another engineer thought it was of high quality. J

Hi Amc Lady

i am just wondering how you are getting on with the city council, have they been able to give you any firm date on closing. I have been told that it is going to be september before anything can happen but they dont know the exact date yet, i just wish at this stage things would move a bit faster!

Hi intermec1,
I’m in the same boat as you. I did get a letter from them weeks ago about getting a “caretakers agreement” once the snag was completed – I’m guessing you got the same. My solicitor advised me to stay away from it. The reason it’s going to be at least September is because it has to go before a Council meeting and they don’t sit in August. I’ll be very surprised if we even get a closing date by the end of Sept. From speaking to other people who have gone through the process I had expected it to take a minimum of 6 months – that doesn’t make it any less frustrating though!

Hi Amc Lady

I got the same about the caretakers agreement, and my solicitor advised me to do the same thing. It is very frustrating this waiting game. I have been on to the city council to see when they are back but from what i can gather it is nearer the end of september, was hoping at least if it was the start of september things might move a little faster, but i suppose all we can do is wait.

Hi intermec1,
Have things moved on for you? I signed contracts yesterday – but don’t have keys yet. My solicitor is a bit wary about me moving in straight away and being one of the first to close sale. Both for security reasons and “in case there’s something wrong” reasons. What do you think? Do you know anyone else buying there?
AMC-Lady

I was wondering whether anybody else was still paying the charge under the "caretakers agreement" or has everybody closed sale now?

Hi intermec1,
Have things moved on for you? I signed contracts yesterday – but don’t have keys yet. My solicitor is a bit wary about me moving in straight away and being one of the first to close sale. Both for security reasons and “in case there’s something wrong” reasons. What do you think? Do you know anyone else buying there?
AMC-Lady

Hi amc Lady
i signed the contracts as well last week, and hope to draw down this week, as soon as i have the keys and the major bits one i intend to move in, i am a bit wary about the solicitor saying "in case there is something wrong" do u know what he ment by that? when i was was speaking with the engineer on site he told me one person has the keys already and is planning on moving in very soon.

I think my solicitor just meant problems with lights and roads etc. He’s also a family fried so is probably being a little protective J. Seeing as they even have the trees planted I think we should be ok! I took a drive up there last night all the street lights were on but I didn’t see any house lights on. Another person I know is eager to move in as soon as possible too.
I’ve been building up a collection of bits and pieces over the last few months and will be borrowing other bits from family & friends so plan to move in as soon as possible too.

Back