January 1st a big day for payment of interests on lump sum savings accounts?

Re: Today big day for payment of interests on lump sum savings accounts?

Sorry to hear that! Statistically speaking now that FA and UB paid their interests it seems that they are the last to pay interest... Not a good sign is it?:confused:

I remember when I went to the subsidiary to close the account... I felt like it was a funeral and you could hear everyone whispering... Poor NR in Dublin! I felt so sad for them!:(

Where's Nemesis? Care to defend this? :D

I'm here :) No I'm afraid I can't defend this and have to admit it's just unacceptable to let it slip another day. I'm not concerned about the security of my savings or interest and believe it is just technical but it looks bad and given all that's happened someone should have sorted this out by now.

agreed, considering the bad press they got over the 'run' etc this is anotherreason for those who have kept the faith to move on. As you say its not that I'm worried just more slackness on their behalf.

EDIT: Just logged in, mine not there either.

You would think NR would realise the damage of their latest 'issue'. The only reason people deposit their money with them is to get the interest & it seems that they can't even get that right.

I agree with a previous poster who is withdrawing their deposit but for 1 euro.....

You would think NR would realise the damage of their latest 'issue'. The only reason people deposit their money with them is to get the interest & it seems that they can't even get that right.

Yes. I think this was a key test for NR. If I was in charge of this I would have done absolutely everything to ensure the interest was visible on people's accounts as early as possible - it would have silenced all the doubters and might even have encouraged some of those who left to return. If the problem was sorted this morning, I think it would pass off as an insignificant issue. But to let it run like this when there has been so much uncertainty surrounding the bank is quite extraordinary. As someone who has remained loyal to the bank and defended them here I feel quite let down by this.

Like I said, I do believe this is just a technical problem and there is no cause for concern. A delay in displaying interest is not a huge issue so long as the interest is paid and accessible but you really have to wonder who is responsible for letting this happen. NR simply couldn't afford these kind of slip ups after the troubled few months it's had. This was a chance for a positive start to the new year and it's just been squandered.

Patience has run out, just withdrawn all bar €50 from NR - can't help but feel its more than just 'technical glitches' this time. Will keep account open for old times sake and withdraw the interest if and when it is paid.

Just checked google news, this hasn't been picked up by the analysts, or if it has they are not concerned...

Yes. I think this was a key test for NR. If I was in charge of this I would have done absolutely everything to ensure the interest was visible on people's accounts as early as possible - it would have silenced all the doubters and might even have encouraged some of those who left to return. If the problem was sorted this morning, I think it would pass off as an insignificant issue. But to let it run like this when there has been so much uncertainty surrounding the bank is quite extraordinary. As someone who has remained loyal to the bank and defended them here I feel quite let down by this.

Like I said, I do believe this is just a technical problem and there is no cause for concern. A delay in displaying interest is not a huge issue so long as the interest is paid and accessible but you really have to wonder who is responsible for letting this happen. NR simply couldn't afford these kind of slip ups after the troubled few months it's had. This was a chance for a positive start to the new year and it's just been squandered.

pretty much it in a nutshell, agree 100%

I totally agree. That's why I couldn't believe that they were going to change and I closed my account.

can't help but feel its more than just 'technical glitches' this time. Will keep account open for old times sake and withdraw the interest if and when it is paid.

Ditto, was thinking exactly the same.

I've issued the order to withdraw what's left. Hopefully I'll get it and if the interest finally shows up it I'll count myself lucky to have escaped.

Ditto, was thinking exactly the same.

I've issued the order to withdraw what's left. Hopefully I'll get it and if the interest finally shows up it I'll count myself lucky to have escaped.

I've just done similar,reducing my balance to less than €100. Enough is enough.

Billo

I enquired by e mail earlier about 07 interest, just got a reply saying '' Due to technical difficulties I will not be able to view or access interest payments made on 31/12/07 '' they are working to resolve this issue ASAP. No timescale was given. I've left €1 and will transfer interest when and if it arrives.

I enquired by e mail earlier about 07 interest, just got a reply saying '' Due to technical difficulties I will not be able to view or access interest payments made on 31/12/07 '' they are working to resolve this issue ASAP. No timescale was given. I've left €1 and will transfer interest when and if it arrives.
They told me I would be able to see it today. I can't. See my earlier post. I have emailed them again about this.
Yeah - I emailed them and got the following via their secure email system (plus a normal email notification):

logon screen now showing a messgae that they are trying to solve the problem.

Yeah
sign in screen

Please be advised that due to technical difficulties you will not be able to view or access interest payments made on 31 December 2007. We are working to resolve the issue as quickly as possible, but in the meantime please contact us on (01) 480 6050 if you have any queries. Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.

Please enter your ‘Customer ID’ and click the ‘Sign In’ button. You will then be asked to enter your password on the next page.

Not the first "technical" issue they've had recently either, back in early December I emailed them as I've not had monthly interest added for October nor November - I believe I've posted about this in another NR thread here. The response I got was;

Thank you for your recent correspondence. i have looked into this matter for you and it appears that an error has occured on northern rocks behalf . Interest frequency was changed on the system but it was not set up in such a way as to have your interest added to your balance monthly.

please accept my sincere appologies in this matter and i can assure you this matter has been resolved and interest will now be added on the last day of each month hereafter. interest that has accrued on your account from 30/09/07 to date will be added at the end of this month

As someone who wasn't concerned in the slightest by/during/after the run I am by these continued problems. I suspect my balance will be going elsewhere come March...

Still no interest today. I transferred money yesterday morning and it is still in my A/c. its there as a pending transaction, but it cant get to its new home until it leaves its old home. I phoned and was told it was not done yesterday because of a technical difficulty , but it would be done today. Does not sound good to me.

bye bye NR. I can't put up with inefficiency when its not even a market leading rate of interest.

Managed to log in this morning after a long delay. The interest is finally there.

Too late though. As Billo said enough is enough. Having a savings account shouldn't be like riding a rollercoaster.

Transfers out of Rabo, FA, & AIB arrive in my current account the next business day. Who knows how long this one will take :(

Back