January 1st a big day for payment of interests on lump sum savings accounts?

Godfather

Hi guys,

so today is the day of the party? I checked:
ptsb = no interest paid yet on the c/a
rabo = no interest paid yet
fa = no interest paid yet
anglo-ir. bank = the web-site doesn't seem to work... :confused:

Anyone got their interests on lump sums yet?:)

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! I WISH YOU LOTS OF INTEREST PAID!

Re: Today big day for payment of interests on lump sum savings accounts?

Probably won't display until next year I'd imagine.

Are you sure TSThomas?:confused: I remember last year this happened but I thought it was because 31st dec. was on sunday and not a working day...

Just checked through a few of mine

NR - Not yet (yes I still have a couple of shekels with them).
Rabo - Not yet but they have a running total so I can see what will be added.
UB and FA eSavings accounts - Not yet. (And yes ok that is at the end of every month not every year).
NIB - Has a running total. Can't actually log into it at the moment due to a lack of PC problem.

Hi General, I just talked to Rabo. Interest will go during the night.

Just checked my N/R A/c no interest.Their T&c's state '' Annual interest is paid each year on 31 December. Other banks have paid.

Hi thofor1, my FA ECB linked account+FA reg. saver account+UB reward reserve account still have to pay interests... I'm sure they'll all do it tomorrow.

Rabo interest there this morning. They need to update their website, it still has banner ads trumpeting the now defunct 5.0% interest rate. UB & FA eSavings interest has been added.

NR interest not there yet, a bit disappointing considering all their troubles and that some other banks did manage to have it visible on Jan 1st.

I'm more surprised than concerned,for a bank desperately trying to hold on to the minority who did not jump ship, it does nothing to boost my confidence in N/R.

no interest in my NR account, waiting for it to be paid to close my acount. Was in my account on the 31st of December last year. PTSB have added the interest to my current account.

Hi guys, I'm in a similar position except the fact that I closed NR as soon as I could... I got all the interests except still: FA ECB linked account+FA reg. saver account+UB reward reserve account.

I wish you a quick payment of interests!:)

Just tried to log into NR again and got a "service currently unavailable" message after the password stage. :mad:

Thanks for the interest good wishes and here's wishing we all get good rates in '08.

Just logged on, still no interest. Thats it as far as I'm concerned. As soon as its in my account its being closed.

agreed, was waiting for the interest payment to close the account, will be closing asap

Just phoned N/R and was told it has been credited to my A/c but I wont be able to see it until tomorrow. System failure, has to be done manually,apoligies etc. Very poor. Mollser & Jetro you can close your A/c and you will get all interest due to date even if it does not show on line. I'm waiting for interest then taking all out except €1, as it's a hassle to open again when someone reliable eventually takes over.

Echoing those sentiments. I was toying with the idea of keeping it in for another 2 months to get the bonus rate but not anymore. The lot is coming out. I'll leave the account open in case anything decent emerges from the wreckage to avoid having to send in ID again.

Oh yeah. €10k sent from Rabo to AIB this morning :)

My FA cheque was sent off first thing this morning, as soon as it is off and running my Rabo €10k and the few quid i still have in NR will be winging its way to FA. I suppose leaving €1 in each is the most sensible thing to do as its avoids re-opening if rates move/someone takes over NR in the future.

Just phoned N/R and was told it has been credited to my A/c but I wont be able to see it until tomorrow. System failure, has to be done manually,apoligies etc.
Yeah - I emailed them and got the following via their secure email system (plus a normal email notification):
Thank you for your correspondence.

Interest was paid on your account on the 31/12/2007. However our system failed to update last night and that is the reason you have not been able to view this online.

We are currently rectifying this problem and you will be able to view your interest online tomorrow. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

If you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Services department on 01 6020324. Lines are open from 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday.

Kind Regards

Guys,

don't worry: still my FA ECB+1 UB Reward Res. accounts aren't showing any interests... :D

Re FA Reg. saver I'll write in the other tread...

Hi guys,

I got interest on UB Rew. Res.+FA ECB sav. account. Any news on NR side?:D

Back