clawback percentages for citywest plaza?

Hi

i have asked for a more thorough breakdown of the management fees, the builders solicitors dont seem to helpful

the main thing I have to decide is if I am willing to pay the management fees this year and then when I am in trying to organise a new management company

i was speaking to the council and they advised getting the solictor to ask for a breakdown and maybe getting the comsumer agency on about the management fees, she did say about geting a new management company to take over

I asked my friend who has been throught this and she said the new management company take over lock stock so the contengency fund is passed over to the new management company

am i willing to give up my apartment for 450 extra euro this year ?????

God im soooooooo stressed with all of this! do i take the apartment or do i let it go and wait for something else. I like the layout and size of my apartment and its in a good enough area. I cant afford anything higher and think i wouldnt be struggling with the mortgage ill have to pay!

On the downside, im not happy with the clawback percentage SDCC gave and the market value, we dont have our own car spots, maintenance fees are way overpriced for what we have and these could well increase next year!

My head is thumping thinking of what to do!!! :( sorry for ranting!

Pass it over. Prices going in one direction only and 12 months down the line youll be glad you passed!

Hi

i have asked for a more thorough breakdown of the management fees, the builders solicitors dont seem to helpful

the main thing I have to decide is if I am willing to pay the management fees this year and then when I am in trying to organise a new management company

i was speaking to the council and they advised getting the solictor to ask for a breakdown and maybe getting the comsumer agency on about the management fees, she did say about geting a new management company to take over

I asked my friend who has been throught this and she said the new management company take over lock stock so the contengency fund is passed over to the new management company

am i willing to give up my apartment for 450 extra euro this year ?????

hi Everyone,
Just wanted to mention a book called "The essential guide to apartment living in Ireland" by Robert Gogan that you can get in easons or any big bookshop for 15 euros. Its very informative on the subject of management fees & companies.

Hi Shannon01
I feel exactly the same way as you.
Also I drove by the development the other day and nearly all of the car spaces were full. I hope there are enough spaces for everybody!
I am going to view a one bed apt next week privately. It's a bit more expensive but closer to home. I am hoping that will put things into perspective for me.

Hi Actionmags.

Did you contact the builders solictors direct for the breakdown or did you go through the one in Rathcoole?

morning all

i was back onto the solicitor this morning just to let them know where i stand at the mo and they said the management fees will not budge as far as the developers are concerned. They think its madness aswell with the lack of common area in the building. Im gonna have a good think during the wkend maybe have a few trips up that way and ill make up my mind!

Hi shannon01
You were saying before that the council were going to speak to the developer. Have you heard any more about that?

Hi Jinnyjojo

No i havent heard back from them about it. I was talking to them yesterday about it so since then i havent heard a thing regarding MFees. If i were you Jinnyjojo id defo go for that other viewing and then make your mind up.

I think I need to that Shannon. I am happy with the apt. It's just the clawback and management fee that I am annoyed at. I will think long and hard about it over the weekend.

Hello fellow stressed heads

my head is done in with the whole thing, i was talking to the solicitors and she said they are not budging and the management fee breakdown is the one that we got.. the girl in PP said that she would not be suprised if people pulled out and if i did i would go to the bottom of the list (so unfair) and that i should contace the consumer group regarding the management company. she did say that a old flower about once your in you are a stakeholder in the management company and therefore you have more rights and can employ an new agent (this was re-itterated by the solicitor but basically i would have to take the hit for this year)

I think if i move into the apartment i am deffo planning a coup next year....if you both go ahead with the sale are you with me??? i think i will try to get that book that was recommended and contact the consumer group at the weekend

i forgot to mention the car parking space... i drove by there are there were cars parked there already...mind you i am happy that there is security around..... if i move in i shall have to make friends with them :)

i have to give myself the weekend to think i was giving myself a stress headache last night over the whole thing

my major problem is the management fees but i understand you girls have clawback issues

Hi actionmags.
My head is also done in! Everybody is so unhelpful.
Well if I can get the clawback sorted I would be in with you with regards to sacking the managment company.
Have teh builders contacte dyou about a snag and have you arranged a date to sign contracts yet?

Hi

was talking to somebody else and they had to sack the managemet company it seems that is what everybody has to do, but for the first year you have to pay :( but after that we are share holders in the company and have more say

i have not spoken to anybody with regard to the snag or the signing (do we do the snag before signing and paying the rest of the deposit...also our solicitor seems to think that the builders will be in touch for that but i think we have to go through the auctioneers)

i will ask about the parking spaces too i mean even if there was reserved on the ground it would be better than nothing

i am sorry for ranting so much on this website... i was just venting... it just annoys me that when you get excited about the apartment it is ruined by something like management fees or clawback.

i feel a bit more positive now about the whole thing.. i love the apartment layout so might focus on that

I don't mind the delays as I want to be happy with everything before I sign.
If I can sort out the clawback I will be much happier.
I was looking around the shops at the weekend and I found some tiles and furniture that I want to buy, but I am afraid to get them now in case I back out!
I am going to ask about the parking as well as I have a friend who ended up in a situation where there were no spaces for her to park. I think it was because other people had rented rooms out and the tenants were taking up the extra spaces.

Hi All

Hope you are all well and not too stressed :) well i had a long think about the whole thing during the wkend and if i even have to think about the situation its not for me! i should be happy and excited to move in. So im backing out. Now dont let me put a downer on the whole thing for everyone its just how i feel. I was happy too with the layout i just dont think the complex is for me. I could be making a big mistake but im just goin with my gut feeling! Ive left a message with TP and havent heard a word back so they dont seem bothered about ppl pulling out! if i hear anything more on the situation ill keep you all informed! Good luck with it all and i hope you make a good home for yourselves there! its a lovely spot and your on the right side of that roundabout B)

xx

A wise move shannon1. Look back in a years time and see the wiseness of your move.

Thanks clown, i just hope its the right move :) ill just have to save save save and wait until something comes up!

Sorry to hear it hasnt worked out for you Shannon, but if your first instincts tell you not to go for it well then your right. Have you spoken to Property Path, will they put you at the end of the list? Would it be possible for you to view anywhere else from them?

Hi Ruthie-81

I havent spoken directly to who i was dealing with in Property Path but i expect them to prob ring tommorrow as they were out today. I expect to be put at the end of the list but who knows what might happen! At least i can save hard and hopefully wont need to wait on the list :D ill keep yis posted!!

Back