clawback percentages for citywest plaza?

i have the letter infront of me and it says carpark space: -1
when i was in discussing the clawback i was told its not a designated space! then i was reading The Echo and they were advertising Citywest and mentioned designated car space for all apartments. so its all conflicting!

So there is definatley a space included then? I wonder is all the parking available just at the front of the block?

im really not sure if it is included! I think there is spaces there but we dont have a paticular spot! Youd think with management fees that high we would have a spot. I know theres an underground carpark but i think thats for the shopping centre. I was talking to security at the shopping centre and they are around 24/7 so thats something! and theres CCTV around.

I was speaking to a friend who was in a similar situation re managment fees and she said they have you over a barrel with regard to it but you can ask for a breakdown and the next year look into employing a new management company (also there was talk by the goverment of regulating management companies since there is no regulation on them at the moment) none of these are doing my blood pressure any good and if it went up 450 in a year what is it going to be like next year???

i was under the impression that there was a designated parking spot (rather than a free for all) i even went down to the basement to look if there was anything on the ground re apartment numbers but they all seem to be for the shopping center, I wonder is the management company so expensive because of the shops and the security?? a friends management company fee is 40 residents and 60 commpercial business so the residents are actually paying for security ect...

what about asking the solicitor advice regarding the clawback???

i get the feeling they all want it closed quick and the money in the bank

Hi Actionmags

i was beginning to think that myself we are probably paying for security because of the shopping centre. Consumerconnect.ie provide a booklet about management fees and what you need to ask about in regards to them. My friend is only paying €400 a year for her apt in Belfry! she has a garden area etc. Is it true you have to pay your first year upfront?

i havent said anything to the solicitor about disputing the clawback but she knows im in the process of it. I take it we are probably buying in the same building as its all affordable together???

shannon
when did you view the property?? I am happy about the apartment like the size ect, not mad on the outside, but its the lack of response that is getting to me

are we supposed to have the snag done before we sign the contracts on friday (which I am not doing)

I have heard vareying fees regarding management fees one person is paying 900 a year on an apartment on the second floor (like a house) so there is not lifts that is just for the maintenance

i mean what exactly does the management fee cover ?? if something breaks do they fix it ??

I am in the first block the ones closest to the car park

At the end of August. I havent heard a thing about signing any contracts by Friday. As far as im aware you should have gone through your snag list and made sure your happy with it, then you sign with your solicitor! Your solicitor should not make you sign anything until your happy that your snag is done and finished. i too am happy with the inside and im top floor aswell.

i was told that there were 40 affordable apartments and that 30 of them were sold and that the builder would rent out the last 10 if they were not sold (could we be paying the management fees for the 10 rented apartments... i know we shouldnt but ????)

you do have to pay the first year upfront and that is where you are over a barrel. somebody i know has an apartment in the belfry (in the block of apartments) and their fee was 1500 or something and it went up and they are in theprocess of getting a new management company

a girl i know who is currently buying in the AHI eg more expensive apartments fee is 1600

maybe we are being hit because there are less apartments than in a bigger complex.

I understand that I am in a bigger apartment so i am fine with paying a slightly larger fee , what I am not fine with is it going up willy nilly by a large ammount

I have not done the snag list at all

what they wanted me to do on friday was to sign contracts and pay the rest of the deposit...

have you done your snag list

i am actually on the ground floor (its above the car park so it looks a bit **** on the outside) but there is a lovely terrace and the living area is huge

so i am going to have to get my snag list done, ask the solicitor to go over the mangement fee thing (be ignored) find out about the clawback and then have a nervious breakdown

oh right im a lil further in than you but i did get to view your block and they are a little bigger. I can understand Citywest Park paying more on Management fees as they have nice gardens and grounds around them but we dont have any of that! M.F look after maintanence on the building and area around, bins, painting, landscape, lifts, intercom. at this rate they should come in and clean the apartment for the money they want :p

the whole part of this scheme is to give first time buyers a help n hand onto the property ladder at this rate im stressed out! if i hear of another fee i have to pay ill scream. ill have an apt with no furniture at this rate.

i havent done a snag list yet or no one has mentioned one to me, prob because im disputing the clawback at the mo and i havent heard back yet!!

yeah i expect a person maid service for 2250!!!

my brother was with me when I was viewing the apartments and lights in the halls are on a timer so it give you enough time to get downstairs ect. so there should not be a huge ammount going on electricity

i think the clawback % depends on how much of a discount you are getting

did i mention that I went up to look at the apartments at the weekend (the ones on the open market) and there was nobody their showing them althought it had said in the paper that they were on show

we cant be the only people concerned about management fees clawbacks ect???

so how far along the process are you

i paid my deposit, and that is all have done nothing

but they wanted me to pay the rest of the 3% on friday

have you your snag done!!!
have you your deposit paid????

Its crazy i swear!! i dont think they know what they are doing. I went up with my brother as he would have a better idea what to look for! on the day we were all left standing for ages until someone came along and let us in. It seems to be a rough and ready job, no one knows whats going on with them. Im so confused if im making the right decision, if only the budget was a lil early then we could find out if they are doing anything to help first time buyers!

my securing deposit is down €3000 thats about it with fees so far. Ive been into SDCC going through the clawback, they know im not happy with it so theyve to get back to me. ive been mortage approved and all that, life assurance etc. The solicitor has sent me papers in the post today. Apart from that i havent done a thing!! I know the deposit is refundable so you can get it back anytime before you sign

I think i was up on the first day of viewing and there was a big crowd of people, and the people there did not check names off the list or have any information it was just madness

i must have been there the same day! everyone just rushed into the building in and out of apartments and no electricity was working so you couldnt see where you were going!

Back