Can a tenant be given notice to leave at the end of six months with no reason required?

No idea where the "Mica" & "Pyrite" notion came from.

Not an issue in my property thankfully & has no bearing on six month letting that I can see.
No you rent to pyrite or mica affected home owners. The Pyrite affected might rent for say 3-4 months. Mica maybe 6-12 mon this depending on size of house but they would want to move back to their own home either way.

A question on issuing notice to avoid rolling over a part 4 tenancy to indefinite duration. You are obliged to give at least the minimum notice but I read the description on notice and it said it could terminate after the end of the original lease.

Can you enter into a new lease and give notice before 6 months that you intend to terminate the lease but give a year or two years notice?
That way you avoid rolling over but don't have the short term changeover issues.

Is it the serving of the notice before the rollover point that counts or is there some time limit on the termination of the letting?

A question on issuing notice to avoid rolling over a part 4 tenancy to indefinite duration. You are obliged to give at least the minimum notice but I read the description on notice and it said it could terminate after the end of the original lease.

Can you enter into a new lease and give notice before 6 months that you intend to terminate the lease but give a year or two years notice?
That way you avoid rolling over but don't have the short term changeover issues.

Is it the serving of the notice before the rollover point that counts or is there some time limit on the termination of the letting?
From the notice of termination example on the RTB site:

Before a Further Part 4 tenancy transitions to a Tenancy of Unlimited Duration, the landlord can terminate it for any reason (including a reason in addition to the lawful termination grounds provided by the Residential Tenancies Act 2004 (as amended) (RTA)). To do so however, the landlord must serve a Notice of Termination prior to the end of the next 6-year period, where the notice period expires on or after the last day of that 6-year period.

Back