Best option for heating a bedroom

This is probably a stupid question but do the modern electric blankets actually give off any heat or do they only warm up the parts of your body actually touching them? The reason I ask is that if it's the latter I don't think it would help in my situation.

I'm already bundled up like an eskimo in bed (socks, pyjamas, tracksuit, big jumper, outdoor sleeping bag and two duvets) and I still wake up every couple hours because my face gets too cold.
emphasis added

I think the problem here is too many clothes, paradoxially.

A good quality duvet with the proper TOG rating should be fine, and sleep naked, with the duvet tucked in at the foot end. (or a second blanket tying in the foot end so no toes poking out).

Or, like Complainer said (was it complainer?),maybe a hoody or a balaclava... or a new house in Brisbane, Oz.

A hat is probably the most effective extra item of clothing you can wear indoors/in bed to retain heat.

As for me, pyjamas back off since Friday last until the next -10C (or lower) night.

I think the problem here is too many clothes, paradoxially.

A good quality duvet with the proper TOG rating should be fine, and sleep naked, with the duvet tucked in at the foot end. (or a second blanket tying in the foot end so no toes poking out).

I'm short enough that toes poking out were never a problem. And I started off with a minimum amount of clothes...I nearly froze to death the first night!!!! Adding layers did help keep the body warm, just not the face.

Anyway as I've said the problem was more or less taken care of by leaving the bedroom door open to take in the heat from the hallway.

Back