Arena Court Tallaght Dublin 24

Does anyone know why the lift in block C is not working?? Rang P.Elliott and management company and nobody seems to know. Very annoying.

keep ringing the management , im in block E and it was broken every 2nd day , so we kept on calling them and now its grand , i think its every 1 moving in, but tanya said if it keeps up to email her to complain and she will forward that on to the management company

yep we got ours up yesterday , it looks so much better , using wall brackets , my partner put it up it was no trouble at all for him ,

Thanks for that,

We bought wall brackets with our tv but in the instructions it said that the brackets can only fix to wooden studs and where we wanted it there was only metal studs it seemed. I was really worried that the weight of the tv would pull the wall down so I've bought a unit now but I was thinking of getting a smaller one for the second bedroom and put that on the wall.

Were you able to find the studs okay when you drilled in? It's just hard to know how far back they are with all the insulation in the walls.

Thanks for that,

We bought wall brackets with our tv but in the instructions it said that the brackets can only fix to wooden studs and where we wanted it there was only metal studs it seemed. I was really worried that the weight of the tv would pull the wall down so I've bought a unit now but I was thinking of getting a smaller one for the second bedroom and put that on the wall.

Were you able to find the studs okay when you drilled in? It's just hard to know how far back they are with all the insulation in the walls.

what size is ur tv? theres no insulation in the walls , you can buy plaster board fixings suitable for the wall , my partner is a electrician he can provide new sockets and tv points as you will need to mount it centre of the wall , he can drop his card in ur letter box i you want !!

what size is ur tv? theres no insulation in the walls , you can buy plaster board fixings suitable for the wall , my partner is a electrician he can provide new sockets and tv points as you will need to mount it centre of the wall , he can drop his card in ur letter box i you want !!

Thanks for that. The tv that I ended up buying a unit for was a 37" and it weighed a lot and that's without the brackets. For the spare room I just got a 19" yesterday and managed to get that on the wall without a problem today. It only weighed 6.59kg so that wasn't an issue.

Your partner should put his card on the notice board in block F as I know that a neighbour wanted to move a storage heater. It's a good idea for nixers.

I don't know I think there is a common bank of meters in the car park. I saw this in another apartment block.

Not sure about here though.

Does anyone know how I go about getting an electricity reading? where do I go ?

Im in Block E.

I had to get a reading when we first moved in as Elliotts were still paying the electricity. I was brought to a room in the underground carpark that had all the meters for block F it seemed in it. I'd ring Tanya to see if you can get access to it.

Something dripped through the roof of the car park and damaged the paint on the boot of my car happened about a month ago so I haven't parked in my space since. 349

Neighbour had the same thing happen to his in space 350 about a week ago. Talked to him this morning.

Apparently the same happened to a security gaurd.

Has anyone else coms across this?

I'm just wondering if there's any resident who owns 2 cars? How did you get the second carpark space?
Hi all, how did anyone get around the issue of one car parking space but two cars? now that the swipe cards have been issued this is going to cause a major problem getting in and out

Hi All,

I am thinking of buying one of the 2 bed appartments. I see they are now at 250k.

Is this a good price? Do people recommend living here.

Thanks

I have been living there now since christmas no real problems.

I think just on convenience for the square the luas even the road links it should be good value.

Parking may be a nuissance as there is only one space per apt.

Less than I paid for the place 3 years ago off the plans oh crap:eek:

Would you have any advice on things to watch out for or to be careful with when buying?

Thanks

Can anyone tell me about these storage heaters??? Right so we leave both of the switches side by side turned on(one lights up, one doesn't) should the second light up after 12 if to switch to nightsaver mode? Nothing happening with ours seems only one of the three wall switches works in our living room.

Thanks.

Get on to tanya

I know mine had to be rewired after I moved in.

The light on the 2nd wall switch comes on after midnight.

Not too much to watch our for in my experience.

Hi all arena court residents.... Is there anyone in this development who wants to sell a car parking space allocated to thier apartment that they are not using. If yes would be interested in buying it from you. Thank you...andy.

Just to clarrify, we have put down a deposit for a 2 bed apartment in the arena but the 2 of us have a car each. as there is only 1 parking space allocated to each apartment we need to find another parking space. would also consider renting a space but would prefer to buy a parking space straight out if at all possible...thanks again...andy.

I think there is something about not being able to sell spaces in the contracts.

So be careful about poeple if they do offer a space for sale.

Yep one space for 2 and 3 bed apt's seems a bit irish alright.

There always seems to be plenty of room mind.

Back