Affordable Housing with Fingal Co Co

DubMic - i agree its totally out of order.. They're only in the place and makin a bad name for the estate. Hopefully things will sort themselves out. Its a fine estate and its good to see people getting to know each other too..

Mufflets... Am in almost two weeks now .. thanks for the best wishes!

Anyone know who dumped the old BBQ between Ringfort and Balruddery Wood? It is beyond me why people do things like this.

Also, I noticed one of the houses has a sofa in their front garden!

prob dont have their place yet

Hey how did you find out that number you are on the local list? When ever i ask im told im not allowed yo know

Hi Jen, I had been at an Aff Housing seminar in our workplace and got chatting to some of the staff, I explained I was on the list already etc and one of them promised to check our application and see how we were doing, the next day somone from the office rang me and told me :)

Can anyone tell if there intrest rate has gone up. We have just recived another letter stating it is
going up 1%.

Last edited by a moderator:
You talking about the ECB or the fingal Co Co One??

Fingal Co Co one. But I rang them Yesterday & it was Error it should have been 0.25% not 1%. But still did't think they where going to go up.

Fingal Co Co one. But I rang them Yesterday & it was Error it should have been 0.25% not 1%. But still did't think they where going to go up.

If the ECB goes up, which I think they did. They will more than likely go up themselves. If you think about it, the council either had the money lying around(which i highly suspect unlikely) or they borrowed to make this affordable scheme available. Likelihood is that they got the money from somewhere in Europe or one of the Financial institutions and all they are doing is passing the buck. We are all in the same boat :)

Best of luck with your new place. K

Just wondering if anyone else is still waiting to move into Ringfort? I have booked time off work to get started on decorating but no keys yet.....My sunny viewing day in May seems like a long time ago.

I've gone up a few times recently just to have a peek and it looks like most people are moved in.

Just wondering if anyone else is still waiting to move into Ringfort? I have booked time off work to get started on decorating but no keys yet.....My sunny viewing day in May seems like a long time ago.

I've gone up a few times recently just to have a peek and it looks like most people are moved in.

Hi P1x1e,

As far as I'm aware they do the houses in groups of four. probably more manageable that way. but best of luck with your new house anyways.

Keithrus

Hey, Just wondering if there has been any movement on property in Fingal lately? All seems to be very quiet! I recently got the approval certificate so am just interested to see what's on offer.

In addition has anyone had any luck getting the price they pay for the property reduced substantially given the current climate?

I have heard NOTHING since the middle of July. Where's all the houses? Have Fingal closed down and not told anyone? I'm over two years waiting and finding this very frustrating. Lately, however I am thinking of going it alone with the prices dropping or going with the AHI if I see anything suitable there. I've kind of forgotten about Fingal for a while. With this government equity thing too it looks like it'd be cheaper to buy without the council's assistance.

They recently had an open day in September for 2 & 3 bed apartments in ladyswell, blanchardstown, it was open to any first time buyers, didn't need to be on the list which suggests they can't get rid of them.

Did anyone notice the change on the Fingal website re income limits - single applicants €60k and joint applicants €165K. I can hardly believe that people on such earnings would be interested in going the "affordable" route.
I was offered a place in Holywell in August and I'm now at the Bank valuation stage.

If some people think they can get something for cheaper they will. Though 60k net isn't a lot of money if you have a family to look after. When I bought my house the wage limit for affordable housing was 28k or some such mad figure,so if you were working multiple jobs to qualify for a mortgage it was really easy to knock yourself out of the net.

Does anyone know about the new development just down the road in Brega, before you reach Castlemill in Balbriggan? They are duplex apartments and they belong to fingal Co.

I know there's a place called 'Hamilton' in Balbriggan. They have two bed apartments from about €112,000 and 3 bed apts from €126,000. As far as I know they have a lot of properties in the Balbriggan area that they can't get rid of.

I only got my approval letter through last week,any idea of any properies around Dublin 15 apart from Tyrellstown?

Has anyone had any further contact from Fingal about properties available?

I got brochures in the post for Hamilton in Balbriggan but im looking to stay around Dublin 15 if possible, preferrably around Ashtown.

Im new on this site and just wondering did anybody get a letter from Fingal about houses in Beverton, Donabate. The council also said in there letter that due to the economic climate they would not be acquiring any more properties in the near future. Does anyone know anything about these houses and is there many going for viewings. Thanks in advance for any response.

Hi Guys, Does abybody know if their are still apartments available at Weavers Hall in Clonsilla?

Back