Affordable Housing-Phibblestown Wood-Ongar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All,

I was out to view our new homes the other evening and was shocked to see that some door numbers have been changed around. I was looking in from the lane near Ongar village and saw that the numbers in the forties and the fifties are different than the brochures and the plans.
I contacted my solicitor as I have purchased a first floor apartment which is now a ground floor apartment at the opposite end of the street. The builders solicitors were not aware of this.
This may cause problems when it comes to signing documents at a later stage so I advise you all to check your numbers and contact your solicitors when necessary to resolve this issue

Good Luck
Yvonne S.

hey yvonne, could you let me know how you get on with your solicitor, as i have a first floor apt that you can see from that lane too, i noticed the number on my door is different from what it should be...

the builders made a mistake and the number will be changed, I;ve been told...........

yeah.. went back up to have another look... the whole block from 41 - 50 is numbered the wrong way around... obviosly a mistake.. thats all... :rolleyes:
also spoke with liberty homes yesterday, cause i'm trying to get measurements to buy floors and tiles and furniture.. cause i need to spread the cost over the summer... and they said they wont send me out scale plans till snag time... i said this isint for 3 months... and explained that from a money point of view i needed to spread costs... she said snag time will be in... wait for it .... 3 WEEKS!!!!!!!!!
I said are you sure i was told october?.. and she said no, they'll be ready for snagging in three weeks and if i dont hear from them to contact them at that point again.....!!!!
did anyone else know that it was this soon.. or was she just trying to get me off the phone???

Hi guys,

On the one hand, that's great, the sooner the better but on the other hand I need every month I can get to save for furnishings.

The solicitor told me that on top of the grand for fees there are costs of a further 800 (ish) for land registry etc. Then the management fees are a minimum of 1,000 but I was told they may look for more if we move in before the end of the year.

However, I would move in tomorrow if I could so bring it on. By the way did anyone look at the AHI page of Fingal? Is it just me or do the prices for two bed apartments seem to have jumped up dramatically? I checked to see if Phibblestown was still on it. I'm not sure how much longer it can be called affordable!

Ruthie, keep us in touch will ya, it's great to get the latest.

S32

will do Stevo..
they've changed the numbers on that block so all is right again.. going up to speak to foreman tomorrow morn cause im off.. so will grill him for info and let you know tomorrow evenin, im usually on the net about 9ish... must check out the web page for AHI to see the prices..
in regards to furnishings, place out in navan called rosemount industrial estate, full of furniture shops some are reasonable enough, and found another place on the kylemore road called "home couture" friend of mine whos interior designer tipped me off about it, very reasonable prices and lovely furniture quite modern... and they also offer a full 2 bed apartment fit out for 4,500ish.. easy enough to find and theres lots of other furniture shops along that stretch of road..
but if it is sooner i'll be movin in on a bean bag and single bed.. but who cares, staying with the parentals for the last year, hard going.. so bean bag and single bed it might be, its all good :)

Hi all & greetings to my new neighbours to be :cool:

I've booked a house in the development and received my confirmation from the council on Friday to pay the booking deposit to their solicitor, I was also on to Liberty Homes yesterday about getting a valuation done and she never mentioned that the snagging would be so soon! :confused:

Does anyone know if the school site which runs the opposite side of the estate is a primary or a secondary school?

Eims

Hi All

Checked with my solicitor and liberty homes re: door numbers and they said they would correct error but was out that way last night and they have not done so yet.
I was also checking about floor areas for carpets etc and am awaiting a reply from Liberty for snagging date.
I was in (carpet rite) in Blanchardstown s.c. who tried to go onto the site to get measurments for me but were refused access at this time.
This shop seemed to be looking for business and were offering me a further 20% off on top of their 50% off sale so it's checking them out against the rest.
Soon as I have info I will share with all
keep in touch

Yvonne S.

Dear All

Spoke to Trish in liberty homes this morning who has advised me that there is no date yet for snagging. The builders will be taking holidays from 23 July ans she said they will not be prepared for snagging before this date.

Yvonne S.

Thanks for the update Yvonne! It seems they are letting surveyors on site to do valuations!

I also have a good few pics of the show house which I took, if anyone wants them, pm me.

Hi folks! Nice to meet neighbours.
If anyone will have a plans measurements for 3beds(mid/end/semid) do you mind to share it?
Will go to bring deposit to solicitor soon. Any question would you like to ask here?
Cheers!

Hi EimsRV

We also put down a deposit for one of the 3 bed terraced, we were away the weekend the house was on show. We definitely would love see the pictures.

Dana

Hey, have any of you bought a two bed apartment in the development? Can you let me know if a shower is included in the bathroom. I have read over the specs and I don't think there is one.

Cheers,

S32

Hey, have any of you bought a two bed apartment in the development? Can you let me know if a shower is included in the bathroom. I have read over the specs and I don't think there is one.
from spec all what i found the difference between 2 and 3 is 3b will be fitted with gas fireplace. does anybody know will be kitchen electric provided or we can reject offer, get some money and buy ourself?

Hi Deesy,

Kitchens with be supplied with electric oven, hob and extractor fan. The rest we will have to purchase. The heating is gas but it is not possible to convert electric cooker to gas unfortunately.

Yvonne S.

Folks-this thread is no longer about the area itself or the Affordable Housing process.

Please use another forum, e.g. to chat about appliances etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back